EXPIRED

Wireless router on the N network for o2 20mb broadband???

Hi,

Please could you guys tell me of any deals or websites where i can compare wireless routers???

Ideally i'm looking for:

ADSL 2+,
Usb port for external Hard Drive,
Draft N 2.0,
Support for 2.4ghz AND 5ghz frequency,
Dual channel 600mbs

Should i be looking out for anything else?? Please could you make some recommendations?

Do i need router or modem router for o2 broadband???

Thanks

3 Comments

you need a combined adsl(+) modem router (or if you prefer a seperate modem and router!)

just make sure that you dont buy a cable modem router!

Most (if not all) ADSL routers now support the various ADSL / ADSL2 / ADSL2+ flavours. Depending on who you do decide to go with, look for one that also supports Annex M. I have a Netgear DG834N, not the cheapest, but very good and I have mine running on custom firmware.

Just to add to this, when you asked for a USB port for a Hard Drive, I think this is likely to be a USB print server. I doubt they'll be any way to connect a HDD to emulate a NAS....

nomisco;5806839

Just to add to this, when you asked for a USB port for a Hard Drive, I … Just to add to this, when you asked for a USB port for a Hard Drive, I think this is likely to be a USB print server. I doubt they'll be any way to connect a HDD to emulate a NAS....

Some are print servers, some are file servers and some are both but it is good advice to not automatically assume it'll convert a drive to NAS if it does have a USB port.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. How much would you pay for this chair?1925
    2. Advertised on Gumtree33
    3. Avoiding Car hire excess (Tenerife)22
    4. Kia Rio 1.0 T-GDI (petrol) vs Rio 1.4 CRDI (diesel)713

See more discussions