Wireless sensor bar (wii)....any good ?

9 replies
Found 20th Oct 2010
Kids rabbit has bitten through wire on wii sensor !...looking on Amazon for a replacement and they have got a wireless one for @ £5 delivered, which would be handy , but wondering if anyone knows if they are as good as wired ones are they as responsive ?

1. Misc
  2. Wii
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Wii
9 Comments

Just the same I believe. Iirc you could use 2 candles instead!

It's just another thing with batteries though

cheaper on ebay

Bare the wires each end and solder back together simples!

Original Poster

havnt looked on ebay yet tbh

And hubby tried that last night but the wire is so fine, couldnt get it to work anyway

dont buy it they are rubbish the sensor is really shakey and takes ages to control,my friend has one but has to now bring her console to my house to change settings etc on the wii!

As far as I am aware, the sensor bar only acts as a source of light, which the Wii Remotes uses to feed back to the console regarding positioning. There is no feedback between the sensor bar and console, so a wireless one will work as well as a wired one, just taking power from batteries rather than the console itself.

As sancho1983 says, different light sources can do the same job as the sensor bar, such as candles. Crazy.

Joystiq video: candles replace Wii sensor bar
Edited by: "flamingcarrot" 20th Oct 2010

Banned

flamingcarrot

As far as I am aware, the sensor bar only acts as a source of light, … As far as I am aware, the sensor bar only acts as a source of light, which the Wii Remotes uses to feed back to the console regarding positioning. There is no feedback between the sensor bar and console, so a wireless one will work as well as a wireless one, just taking power from batteries rather than the console itself.As sancho1983 says, different light sources can do the same job as the sensor bar, such as candles. Crazy.Joystiq video: candles replace Wii sensor bar

we have used the candle trick too when our puppy decided to destroy our sensor bar, it is ok for a while but is slower than having a proper one

whatsThePoint

Thank you
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Add one, leave one game54415467
    2. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52522885
    3. The never ending counting with pictures thread !4604830
    4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread428314660

See more discussions