WISH

Posted 12th Apr
Scared! Decided to make a purchase from Wish!
I have 2 grandchildren 6 months & 2 years. Like other grandparents, we won’t have them 24/7 I really do want them to look forward to coming here to enjoy what I think are appropriate outdoor toys. Does any of my HUKD Family have experience, you can share. I realise I have put the cart before the horse. I should have asked before I purchased Doh!!
Community Updates
Buying From Abroad
Top comments
deleted1279550
My finding from wish - usually cheap unregulated sub standard tat .
Not sure if it was "wish" but ....

stuffed toys were on Watch Dog (children out them in their mouths ) found to contain chemicals. Give it a Google . I wouldn't risk it
8 Comments
deleted1279550
My finding from wish - usually cheap unregulated sub standard tat .
Not sure if it was "wish" but ....

stuffed toys were on Watch Dog (children out them in their mouths ) found to contain chemicals. Give it a Google . I wouldn't risk it
Yeah from what I’ve seen most things from Wish are not great. Their products will almost certainly not be CE certified, and if they are, it’s likely that the certification could be counterfeit. I personally wouldn’t give anything from them to children. For children, I would recommend that you buy from a trusted source - Smyths, Argos etc.

Even Amazon is something of a minefield for children’s toys as an awful lot of products are sold by 3rd party sellers, and it’s quality would be questionable...
Also,

Warning: don’t get confused between the CE Mark and the China Export Mark

Chinese companies printing close replica of European standards logo on products

MadeDixonsCry12/04/2020 10:14

Also,Warning: don’t get confused between the CE Mark and the China Export M …Also,Warning: don’t get confused between the CE Mark and the China Export MarkYBW.com 06.12.2010Chinese companies printing close replica of European standards logo on products[Image]

That is a total myth, there are no consequences for Chinese companies in putting a CE Mark, or any other certification mark that helps sell, on a product, so they often do, Sometimes they just get the spacing or font style wrong.

cemarkingassociation.co.uk/ce-…go/

Other known scams include make special versions of products just to obtain certification, but sell a substandard version, and making the first batch of a new product to much higher standard than future production to get good reviews.
Edited by: "melted" 12th Apr
Given recent events I am disinclined to buy anything of Chinese origin, if at all possible.
Everything on WISH is generally cheaper on Aliexpress and you have much better support if something goes wrong, no reason to use Wish. You'll probably get the item but the whole 90% off if you can wait 15 days is rubbish, stuff takes as long as any other Chinese seller so 2-6 weeks.

I'm still using Aliexpress a lot with no real issues other than stuff understandably taking longer.
Edited by: "dcx_badass" 12th Apr
I have only purchased T-shirt’s - two of which were terrible quality, but the majority were decent

pretty much everything is shipped from China

you do see some items with logos, like a delivery truck or flash
I’ve never bought any of these, but some say, with you in 3-4 days
so you would assume not from China

but it definitely depends what kind of item you’re buying
If your not in a rush you can get some good deals. Delivery is hit and miss but never too long. Download the Wish app and use promo code CHXXHLRL on your first order to get up to 50% off!
Edited by: "Gmc20" 23rd May
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions