Withdrawing euros at airport with Monzo

Found 4th Jul
When i go luton should i withdraw euros with my monzo card? Should i buy in pounds or euros on cash machine? Is it still mastercard exchange rate?
Community Updates
8 Comments
always pay in local currency for the Monzo exchange rate so buy in pounds in Luton and in Euros once your out of the UK.
Bump
Wait until you get to the country you are travelling to and withdraw Euros from there to get the good exchange rate.

Any cash point at an airport in the UK that gives out Euros will not be a good exchange rate.
Bobbajob1 h, 25 m ago

Wait until you get to the country you are travelling to and withdraw Euros …Wait until you get to the country you are travelling to and withdraw Euros from there to get the good exchange rate.Any cash point at an airport in the UK that gives out Euros will not be a good exchange rate.

Wouldn't it be the mastercard rate?
If you chooses Euros on a UK cashpoint, the cashpoint would do the conversion not your card.

Just use a cash point when you get there. There are usually some in most airports.

If you insist on having Euros before you leave use travelmoney.moneysavingexpert.com/ to find somewhere local to get a decent rate.
I have euros saved on my old fairfx card. Once I'm on hols the first thing I'm doing is hitting the atm in airport and clearing the account out. then I will be free of the really bad exchange rate you get on it these days.

My revolut card will just be used contactless, with starling as backup.

Remember you can pay with chip and pin at majority of places in Europe. So it may be wise to have half as cash half left on your card.
When i go supermarket in Spain it gives me the option to pay in euros or pounds what do i select
Always pay in local currency - you get charged more if they have to convert it for you.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants