Wizz air- travelling with baby

Found 26th Mar
Hi,

Some info on flying with a baby, please (wizz air).

Does anyone know if it’s free to check in a car seat?

Also, what is the cabin baggage allowance for a baby?

It says you can have a stroller, but doesn’t mention if it needs to be certain weight/ size. Do they travel with the big luggage I.e. what is the likelihood of it being damaged. Is it worth buying a cheaper stroller for the trip?

I gather from their website you pay for the baby up to £28 (or thereabouts) but the rest of the info is not clear. Will appreciate if someone can help. Many thanks.
Community Updates
  1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
3 Comments
As far as I remember, baby gets the same allowance though I have never flew with wizz. Pram gets a label attached but you can wheel it all the way to the gate and it goes into the hold but comes off first.

car seat was not free but the hire company provided one.
Wizzair
looks like you don’ have to check in a car seat as it will be used on the plane seat (but must have a latch to accommodate the seat belt), the cabin baggage allowance is one bag 40cmx30cmx18cm with the items as recommended on their website and one foldable stroller. With the size of some pushchairs I would suggest purchasing a small lightweight stroller that can recline
Aldi stroller
Edited by: "Toptrumpet" 26th Mar
We flew with TUI when our child was 6 months. Stroller was tagged at luggage check in then taken off us on boarding the plane and came out with the bags at the other end. We bought a stroller specific as our buggy is bulky, meant our main one wasn’t covered in sun cream and easier for transport at the other end.

If you wanted to use a car seat you’d need to book a seat for the child. We held our child for the duration of the flight and given a belt for the flight.

Any hand luggage had to be in with ours so no separate change bag for our baby.

I’d contact them directly, we called TUI before flying to answer all our questions and they were very helpful. Just gave us that piece of mind.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants