Found 2nd Jan
Hello guys, does anyone know how strict is wizzair at the gates with hand luggage? They have crazy sizes for hand luggage like 42cm so I'm wondering if have bag 46cm or 48cm are they going to make me pay for it?

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
11 Comments

I flew with them in March and they pulled someone out of the line as their cabin back was to big. So I would suggest not taking anything that is obviously bigger. I think they said they were going to charge her £30.

I saw something similar at Vilnius airport a few years ago, checked all bags they thought were too big

Original Poster

Thanks harams, I thought so.I will have to buy something smaller then.

They are strict . Not worth the hassle and embarrassment. Upgrade to a large cabin bag. 56x45x25cm

Original Poster

Thanks Daniboy for your help.

Original Poster

Rhinopaul, I'm thinking of it, the actual size is to small but 56x45x25 is normal hand luggage size for other companies I will probably do that, 42cm is bloody nothing.

lizy2008

Rhinopaul, I'm thinking of it, the actual size is to small but 56x45x25 … Rhinopaul, I'm thinking of it, the actual size is to small but 56x45x25 is normal hand luggage size for other companies I will probably do that, 42cm is bloody nothing.

Yeah, I have a standard cabin bag but I always have to upgrade with whizz.

I used one of these and filled it up to where the front pocket is and then squashed the top down. amazon.co.uk/Cab…h=1

They stranded my 18 yr old daughter in Budapest last year after she was late to the gate, due security, and wouldn't let her on despite the aircraft still having its doors open.
Got a word for them, but it ain't polite!

They were strict last time I flew with them to Split:Croatia! But then on the way back, the check-in people did not even glance at the hand luggage or note whether or not we had paid for it....

Original Poster

Many thanks for all your help, I think I will upgrade for 56cm hand luggage.The 42cm is just to small and really ridiculous size for traveling wherever, you cannot put nothing in there so better to go with bigger size.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition61630
    2. Chat magazine issue 4312
    3. Win a £100 Amazon Voucher From LoveMyVouchers22
    4. Magazine competitions - Issue 41 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1717

See more discussions