Wizzair flight rescheduling

Posted 3rd MarEdited by:"J4GG4"
I need to book a return journey using wizzair. Problem is, I don't know the exact day I will return. It will be a Saturday or the following Monday. Does anyone know if they offer an option to reschedule without any fees? I did read up a bit, and it seems that you may need to book using a credit card to be eligible to reschedule the flight. I don't have a credit card and im not sure why this would make any difference. I could try get a prepaid credit card, if that would be acceptable.

Their customer service number is a premium rate number costing £1.45 a minute, which could end up costing as much as the flight itself just to ask a question.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

21 Comments
Just open for an open ended return.
Bigfootpete03/03/2020 13:55

Just open for an open ended return.

I think thats only train tickets that allow that?
No 100% sure they do that with flights.
IamMT03/03/2020 14:15

"credit card" means plastic rather than cash (or paypal I …"credit card" means plastic rather than cash (or paypal I guess):https://wizzair.com/en-gb/information-and-services/booking-information/payments/Wizz Flex is what you're looking for:https://wizzair.com/en-gb/information-and-services/wizz-services/wizz-flex

That explains it. Thanks.
PS I believe this number is 10p/minute: 0330 977 0444

*Untested
01,02,03 are included in my Vodafone contract mins. If you're on vodafone.
Little update:

The airport i was planning to travel to has suspended all foreigners from entering. But the airline has not suspended the flights. Does anyone know where I stand here? Calling wizzair on their premium rate number is now a no-go, it is incredibly busy, including the website where I booked the hotel on. I got onto live chat with the site I booked the hotel on just now 12am and it states theres a 4 hour wait. I cannot get through so have no idea how others can get through. Both the website I booked the hotel on and the airline do not have a email contact option!
J4GG418/03/2020 00:18

Little update:The airport i was planning to travel to has suspended all …Little update:The airport i was planning to travel to has suspended all foreigners from entering. But the airline has not suspended the flights. Does anyone know where I stand here? Calling wizzair on their premium rate number is now a no-go, it is incredibly busy, including the website where I booked the hotel on. I got onto live chat with the site I booked the hotel on just now 12am and it states theres a 4 hour wait. I cannot get through so have no idea how others can get through. Both the website I booked the hotel on and the airline do not have a email contact option!

You need to call your insurance company & claim your money back
Willy_Wonka18/03/2020 00:26

You need to call your insurance company & claim your money back

According to their website (new updated info due to COVID-19) it states that insurance policies do not cover you if there was a pandemic and state that all other insurance policies with other companies are the same.
J4GG418/03/2020 00:31

According to their website (new updated info due to COVID-19) it states …According to their website (new updated info due to COVID-19) it states that insurance policies do not cover you if there was a pandemic and state that all other insurance policies with other companies are the same.

Not true. Read your travel insurance policy that you took out.
Willy_Wonka18/03/2020 00:49

Not true. Read your travel insurance policy that you took out.

I will have to check. Here is what it states on their website:

Am I covered for cancellation due to the Coronavirus?
  • This type of event is usually not covered across the travel insurance industry for cancellation. This is because most policies have specific reasons for cancellation and the “fear of an epidemic, pandemic, infection or allergic reaction” is not one of those reasons.
J4GG418/03/2020 01:24

I will have to check. Here is what it states on their website:Am I covered …I will have to check. Here is what it states on their website:Am I covered for cancellation due to the Coronavirus?This type of event is usually not covered across the travel insurance industry for cancellation. This is because most policies have specific reasons for cancellation and the “fear of an epidemic, pandemic, infection or allergic reaction” is not one of those reasons.

Why are you believing a piece of PR. Do you have travel insurance or not?
Willy_Wonka18/03/2020 01:28

Why are you believing a piece of PR. Do you have travel insurance or not?

Yes.

Travel insurance excess = £100
Flight tickets = £60

Defeats the point of claiming really.....
Just amazed that Wizzair aren't accepting refunds. They're offering only rescheduling which is pointless as nobody knows when the country im flying to will open its borders again.
Edited by: "J4GG4" 21st Mar
J4GG421/03/2020 20:31

Yes.Travel insurance excess = £100Flight tickets = £60Defeats the point of …Yes.Travel insurance excess = £100Flight tickets = £60Defeats the point of claiming really.....Just amazed that Wizzair aren't accepting refunds. They're offering only rescheduling which is pointless as nobody knows when the country im flying to will open its borders again.

Wizzair could be bust within a month unless they are covered by insurance for a pandemic.
Willy_Wonka21/03/2020 20:38

Wizzair could be bust within a month unless they are covered by insurance …Wizzair could be bust within a month unless they are covered by insurance for a pandemic.

Not sure they will be. They aren't cancelling flights and aren't refunding people. Flights have been going ahead as scheduled, probably with 70%/80% less people on board which means less fuel used. Besides, my flight is due tomorrow. Pretty much lost the money, luckily not much though. They had the cheek to email me and say that I may not be able to enter the border on arrival. So much for "passenger safety" being of their upmost importance. Will never be using them again.
I think you need to look a bit more into the detail. I have looked at their bookings & it is fair to say they are not talking bookings until July so most flights.

They will be bankrupt by then & they know it. Hence no refund or actual real flights.
Willy_Wonka21/03/2020 21:00

I think you need to look a bit more into the detail. I have looked at …I think you need to look a bit more into the detail. I have looked at their bookings & it is fair to say they are not talking bookings until July so most flights. They will be bankrupt by then & they know it. Hence no refund or actual real flights.

Do you think so? I live next to the airport, they are taking off and landing like usual. In fact, I don't see any other airline other than wizzair taking off a landing lately. Some other airlines aren't taking bookings either. If they do go bust I don't see how that would help to recoup money spent on flights which are due to take off tomorrow?
J4GG421/03/2020 21:24

Do you think so? I live next to the airport, they are taking off and …Do you think so? I live next to the airport, they are taking off and landing like usual. In fact, I don't see any other airline other than wizzair taking off a landing lately. Some other airlines aren't taking bookings either. If they do go bust I don't see how that would help to recoup money spent on flights which are due to take off tomorrow?

I reckon so. That will be internal flights then or recovering trapped nationals from abroad. .
Edited by: "Willy_Wonka" 21st Mar
Willy_Wonka21/03/2020 21:27

I reckon so. That will be internal flights then or recovering trapped …I reckon so. That will be internal flights then or recovering trapped nationals from abroad. .

I spoke to CS about an hour ago. The flights are all going ahead as planned, including my flight tomorrow. I think only Italy, Israel and a few other destinations have been officially cancelled.
J4GG421/03/2020 21:31

I spoke to CS about an hour ago. The flights are all going ahead as …I spoke to CS about an hour ago. The flights are all going ahead as planned, including my flight tomorrow. I think only Italy, Israel and a few other destinations have been officially cancelled.

Customer service will tell you the official line not the truth. Since March 2nd they have been refusing refunds. The Government wont be happy with them & all flights other than internal will be cancelled soon anyway. They will not have the bookings in the next few weeks & 2/3 months to survive. Have a look to book a flight next week?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants