Expired

WNT : Golf Set, Righty

26 replies
Found 26th Jun 2009
I'm looking for a half good set of clubs+bag,

Can't spend a fortune as i've already spent over £200 on bowling balls and shoes

Ideally i want to spend as close to 50 as i can, but probably strech a little, don't really know what i'm looking for though!

Anyone have any ideas, last time i played i borrowed my dads OLD set... shot 142, so, i'm not good

Thanks

J

1. Ask
  2. Golf
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Golf
26 Comments

fifty quid you are having a laugh

[COLOR="Red"]Sports World do a cheap set for about £80 (ish).

They don't look too bad for a beginner, but when you get good (like me) you should get a better set.[/COLOR]

Original Poster

gr8h8me;5596863

well, i dont want to waste loads on something i wont play everyday....

thesportshq.com/chi…=cj

and these are 60.... so no

gr8h8me;5596863

You are still having a laugh

Original Poster

gr8h8me;5596901

and your actually an idiot, got nothing good to say, **** off

Original Poster

mark1967;5596900

don't know anything about golf but found … don't know anything about golf but found thesehttp://www.sportsdirect.com/Products/SD/PID-Dunlop+TP+350+Mens+Right+Hand+Golf+Set-876003.aspx?ColCode=87600399

Thanks, they look ok, definatly a consider

gr8h8me;5596901

And even now you are lighten up mate big kisses xxx

I've got some graphite shafted Callaway Big Bertha Irons, 3-SW, coming for sale in next week or so. Just had them re-gripped with original Callaway grips as well. Waiting for my newer ones to arrive.

http://callawaygolfpreowned.com/images/Product/PRD17312-38020/midsize.jpg

kyalion;5596974

I've got some graphite shafted Callaway Big Bertha Irons, 3-SW, coming … I've got some graphite shafted Callaway Big Bertha Irons, 3-SW, coming for sale in next week or so. Just had them re-gripped with original Callaway grips as well. Waiting for my newer ones to arrive.

Now they are clubs...How much?

gr8h8me;5596984

Now they are clubs...How much?

I'll be looking for around £150 delivered, but only when my new ones arrive.
I had them re-gripped last week, and played yesterday with the new grips on. I reckon they saved about 4-6 shots on the round.

Original Poster

haha that would leave me +65 instead of +70!

The JFK;5596884

[COLOR="Red"]Sports World do a cheap set for about £80 (ish).They don't … [COLOR="Red"]Sports World do a cheap set for about £80 (ish).They don't look too bad for a beginner, but when you get good (like me) you should get a better set.[/COLOR]

What you got then son? What you play off?

jasonodell;5597305

haha that would leave me +65 instead of +70!

Well worth the investment if you're a beginner. Very forgiving and great distance with the Firm flex shafts.

Original Poster

i kinda need to learn how to hit the ball off the fairway, when i make it on it,

i seem to top the ball, a lot, short games pretty good, i can get pretty close to the hole, puttings not bad either, must of holed a 20ft putt last time

but yeh, lost 6 balls last round, not so good

jasonodell;5597457

i kinda need to learn how to hit the ball off the fairway, when i make it … i kinda need to learn how to hit the ball off the fairway, when i make it on it, i seem to top the ball, a lot, short games pretty good, i can get pretty close to the hole, puttings not bad either, must of holed a 20ft putt last time :)but yeh, lost 6 balls last round, not so good

Aah ! You're lifting your head before you make contact with the ball. Also, try standing back 6 inches.

RuthIess;5597351

What you got then son? What you play off?

[COLOR="Red"]
Callaway Big Bertha.

I play off 17. I could be a lot better but I don't play enough. I only tend to play regually in the summer as I'm too busy playing football the rest of the time.[/COLOR]

The JFK;5597484

[COLOR="Red"]Callaway Big Bertha.I play off 17. I could be a lot better … [COLOR="Red"]Callaway Big Bertha.I play off 17. I could be a lot better but I don't play enough. I only tend to play regually in the summer as I'm too busy playing football the rest of the time.[/COLOR]

Cool i have decent clubs but hevent played since i was 17. I played off 24. Most of my mates play off 2-5 they love it play all the time. I dont have the money though. If i carried on id be sick by now.

Original Poster

golf pretty expensive then? I mean i bowl, and play scratch, (0 handicap) and equipment for that's a fortune, my set off bowling balls, shoes, etc, must have spent well into 4 figures...

But i think golfs pretty fun, i can't take it seriously as i'm pretty rubbish.

jasonodell;5597718

golf pretty expensive then? I mean i bowl, and play scratch, (0 handicap) … golf pretty expensive then? I mean i bowl, and play scratch, (0 handicap) and equipment for that's a fortune, my set off bowling balls, shoes, etc, must have spent well into 4 figures...But i think golfs pretty fun, i can't take it seriously as i'm pretty rubbish.

Golf is the most expensive hobby/sport ever. Memebership is over £1000 a year at most places and its a fashion statement. You NEED the best clubs. Your bag will be worth over £1500 easy. Mines worth £1000 but its all old now!!!

Id expect to pay £3000 a year minimum if you get into it!

I got kitted out with bag, clubs, woods, shoes etc... for less than £400. I pay and play at Municipal course for £12 per round. (That's if I don't sneak on whilst Pro isn't watching !!)

Original Poster

RuthIess;5597885

Golf is the most expensive hobby/sport ever. Memebership is over £1000 a … Golf is the most expensive hobby/sport ever. Memebership is over £1000 a year at most places and its a fashion statement. You NEED the best clubs. Your bag will be worth over £1500 easy. Mines worth £1000 but its all old now!!!Id expect to pay £3000 a year minimum if you get into it!

Hmm, 3k a year, that's not too bad if i wanted a hobby change,

I must play 3 leagues a week, odd event or two a month, leagues 10-12 and event 50-70

And that doesn't include practice, only thing with golf is a time thing, working 8-30 to 6-30, it doesn't give me a lot of time to play, only a weekend!

jasonodell;5598093

Hmm, 3k a year, that's not too bad if i wanted a hobby change,I must play … Hmm, 3k a year, that's not too bad if i wanted a hobby change,I must play 3 leagues a week, odd event or two a month, leagues 10-12 and event 50-70And that doesn't include practice, only thing with golf is a time thing, working 8-30 to 6-30, it doesn't give me a lot of time to play, only a weekend!

If you wanna be good then go for it. I hve too look good so have to pay alot :roll:

How Much & When? CALLAWAY MAN

JCLARSSON;5601220

I'll be looking for around £150 delivered, but only when my new ones arrive. Hopefully next week.
I had them re-gripped last week, and played yesterday with the new grips on. I reckon they saved about 4-6 shots on the round.

JCLARSSON;5601220

Now listed for sale ]Here
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Domain renewal11
    2. Should I upgrade to Windows 10?46
    3. 48 hour working time directive69
    4. Installing google play store on Kindle Fire 2nd gen?615

See more discussions