Groups

Woah, Woah, Wait a minute!

I'm such a doughnut! I didn't realise that in the "We Wish You A Merry Christmas" carol that it was "Good tidings we bring to you and your KIN" I've been saying King all these years. What a fool, lol.

I hope I'm not the only one...
    What do you do if you're singing and don't know the words, do you just hum the bit, or do that quiet talking thing, or do you sing what you think is said?

19 Comments

oh, me too :oops:

me as well :oops:

LMFAO..... numpty's xxx lol

Original Poster

Hooray, I'm not alone!

i want to know what a dancesaidhe is?
    dance then wherever you may be i am the lord of the "dancesaidhe"

Me too!

me too...

I've done worse though... there's a misheard lyrics database somewhere on the net that makes interesting reading!

Original Poster

raptorcigs;7186736

i want to know what a dancesaidhe is?dance then wherever you may be i am … i want to know what a dancesaidhe is?dance then wherever you may be i am the lord of the "dancesaidhe"

Lol! "dance then wherever you may be i am the lord of the dance, said he."

Basically some guy is saying he's lord of the dance, possibly Michael Flatley?

raptorcigs;7186736

i want to know what a dancesaidhe is?dance then wherever you may be i am … i want to know what a dancesaidhe is?dance then wherever you may be i am the lord of the "dancesaidhe"

http://www.theocelot.co.uk/modules/news/images/storys/0909242043-lord_of_the_dance.jpg

raptorcigs;7186736

Similar to a dancesaidshe but with balls.

Yeah - screw those people that aren't your kin!

Flodd;7186745

me too...I've done worse though... there's a misheard lyrics database … me too...I've done worse though... there's a misheard lyrics database somewhere on the net that makes interesting reading!

amiright.com/mis…tml

reminds me of the time I saw a led zep tribute band in kirkcaldy in fife-the singer had the broadest fife accent you ever heard and during stairway to heaven delivered the classic line "aye,there are twa paths you can go by"

We've all been there

and there was me wondering who "Dan Seddy" was, and why someone thought they were the Lord of it / him;
    "dance then wherever you may be i am the lord of the Dan Seddy"

Seriously though, I also always thought it was King, not Kin

I did get asked at one point by a friend in a nightclub, what a "Tromboleece" was.Looking at them rather confused I asked 'What?!?', and they asked me if it was some kind of instrument or something, and looked at me like I was mad or something for not knowing...

Next time we heard the song & lyrics it made more sense though...

My love has got no money He's got his TromboleeceMy love has got no power … My love has got no money He's got his TromboleeceMy love has got no power He's got his TromboleeceMy love has got no fame He's got his TromboleeceMy love has got no money He's got his Tromboleece

The song was actually "Freed from Desire" by Gala, with the correct lyrics below:

People just want more and moreFreedom and loveWhat he's looking forWant … People just want more and moreFreedom and loveWhat he's looking forWant more and morePeople just want more and moreFreedom and loveWhat he's looking forFreed from desire Mind and senses purifiedFreed from desire Mind and senses purifiedFreed from desire Mind and senses purifiedFreed from desireNanana...My love has got no money He's got his strong beliefsMy love has got no power He's got his strong beliefsMy love has got no fame He's got his strong beliefsMy love has got no money He's got his strong beliefs

Of course, whenever i hear that song now I can't help but sing Tromboleece instead

DragonChris;7186895

We've all been there

kirkcaldy? can't say i have.

Goonieman;7187016

kirkcaldy? can't say i have.

I lived there for 7 years!!!

Jumpingphil;7193436

Ha Ha "Some guy".........]Lord of the dance.

we used to sing that at school and this verse...

I danced on a Friday when the sky turned black
    It's hard to dance with the devil on your back.
    They buried my body and they thought I'd gone;
    But I'm the dance and I still go on.

Still terrifies me........... lol
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17866382
      2. word association Game74044544
      3. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2468
      4. Spotify Family Premium share721

See more discussions