Woman rule the UK!

Found 22nd Jul 2017
Ok, bit tongue in cheek here but just been watching the BBC and the pay/gender argument.
Now I'm confused, when we have a woman head of state, a woman prime minister, a woman head of judiciary, a woman commander of police, and a woman previously in charge of mi5.......I don't understand...
On a slightly more serious note though, in all the jobs I've worked in throughout my career woman have always been paid exactly the same as men doing the same job, I think there would have been civil war otherwise, I've never seen any gender bias.

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
Top comments

Mum

Are we men even allowed to hold opinions on the status of women today? I'll ask the wife and get back to you on that one.

I worked in a dangerous job a few years ago which meant that as soon as a female member of staff found out she was pregnant, she had to be removed from post in to a safer area.
I trained with a woman that, for the first 5 years of her career, was on light duties because of pregnancy. She still got paid the exact same wage as I did.
51 Comments

The mothers of Britain say they do far better jobs than their sons.

Shakespeare's mum was far superior than Shakespeare, she had taught him everything he knew.

Original Poster

splender

Shakespeare's mum was far superior than Shakespeare, she had taught him … Shakespeare's mum was far superior than Shakespeare, she had taught him everything he knew.

Ok.....

splender

Shakespeare's mum was far superior than Shakespeare, she had taught him … Shakespeare's mum was far superior than Shakespeare, she had taught him everything he knew.

Without searching, what was her first name?

Mum

splatsplatsplat

Without searching, what was her first name?

Mary

Its a non argument, the bbc pay people that bring them in the most money more money. I dislike the BBC but its stupid that this is getting so much coverage. In wider society the gender pay gap is a myth as it is illegal to pay someone different for the same job. When people refer to the gender pay gap they think men get PAID more when in fact they EARN more as in a man on average works more hours, is more likely to take overtime and don't take a year off due to pregnancy. In high profile jobs there is a slight pay discrepancy because of the likelihood of women taking maternity leave or days off to care for sick children.

Original Poster

Going to stir it up a bit now, do woman and men have different attributes and abilities that makes one or the other better suited to certain types of work, employment, sport, etc?
Seems blatantly obvious to me, but don't think the thought police would like it.

Is Theresa May a woman? I can't be sure, she could be an alien, as she's pretty good at alienating herself with the electorate. Alternatively could she be a robot? Not sure on the Terminator T1 had more charisma than Theresa

gazdoubleu

Is Theresa May a woman? I can't be sure, she could be an alien, as she's … Is Theresa May a woman? I can't be sure, she could be an alien, as she's pretty good at alienating herself with the electorate. Alternatively could she be a robot? Not sure on the Terminator T1 had more charisma than Theresa confused

Maybot

Original Poster

gazdoubleu

Is Theresa May a woman? I can't be sure, she could be an alien, as she's … Is Theresa May a woman? I can't be sure, she could be an alien, as she's pretty good at alienating herself with the electorate. Alternatively could she be a robot? Not sure on the Terminator T1 had more charisma than Theresa confused

The rise and fall of Theresa May was pretty spectacular and I don't think many could've predicted it.
Interesting to see what the remainder of the year holds.

cycleman

The rise and fall of Theresa May was pretty spectacular and I don't think … The rise and fall of Theresa May was pretty spectacular and I don't think many could've predicted it.Interesting to see what the remainder of the year holds.

What rise and fall she was always a useless nasty little automaton, unless you confuse the tory press with the populus there was no rise only a childish lie filed demonisation of the opposition, to try and make that crackpot look better to the saps.

All this at the cost of white men.

*Women

Original Poster

Error440

What rise and fall she was always a useless nasty little automaton, … What rise and fall she was always a useless nasty little automaton, unless you confuse the tory press with the populus there was no rise only a childish lie filed demonisation of the opposition, to try and make that crackpot look better to the saps.

Well, some interesting views, but whatever your political persuasion the fact that she managed to become PM, albeit by rather dubious means she still did it.

Are we men even allowed to hold opinions on the status of women today? I'll ask the wife and get back to you on that one.

I think it is all a myth. Plus women get away with far more.
I've seen men get sacked for chatting up a female customer and women not even a slap on the wrist for practically blowing a male customer.
This was in the same company with the same people in charge of disciplinary.
There was only the word of the female customer against the man, the female staff member was blatant in front of everyone AND cctv.

RustInPeace2112

Its a non argument, the bbc pay people that bring them in the most money … Its a non argument, the bbc pay people that bring them in the most money more money. I dislike the BBC but its stupid that this is getting so much coverage. In wider society the gender pay gap is a myth as it is illegal to pay someone different for the same job. When people refer to the gender pay gap they think men get PAID more when in fact they EARN more as in a man on average works more hours, is more likely to take overtime and don't take a year off due to pregnancy. In high profile jobs there is a slight pay discrepancy because of the likelihood of women taking maternity leave or days off to care for sick children.

All personal wages and taxes should be published, it is a foundation in any society to have this transparency as civilised human beings to enforce and to facilitate fairness and equity for one another.
theguardian.com/mon…eld

RustInPeace2112

Its a non argument, the bbc pay people that bring them in the most money … Its a non argument, the bbc pay people that bring them in the most money more money. I dislike the BBC but its stupid that this is getting so much coverage. In wider society the gender pay gap is a myth as it is illegal to pay someone different for the same job. When people refer to the gender pay gap they think men get PAID more when in fact they EARN more as in a man on average works more hours, is more likely to take overtime and don't take a year off due to pregnancy. In high profile jobs there is a slight pay discrepancy because of the likelihood of women taking maternity leave or days off to care for sick children.

When most salaries aren't disclosed like BBC salaries, how would you know?

splender

All personal wages and taxes should be published, it is a foundation in … All personal wages and taxes should be published, it is a foundation in any society to have this transparency as civilised human beings to enforce and to facilitate fairness and equity for one another.https://www.theguardian.com/money/blog/2016/apr/11/when-it-comes-to-tax-transparency-norway-leads-the-field

Oh you beat me to it

I worked in a dangerous job a few years ago which meant that as soon as a female member of staff found out she was pregnant, she had to be removed from post in to a safer area.
I trained with a woman that, for the first 5 years of her career, was on light duties because of pregnancy. She still got paid the exact same wage as I did.

i like powerful women. i would definitely support a society that is ruled by women. although i don't rate theresa may as she is kinda stupid for a woman, which is unusual.

Based on past experiences, I would never work for a woman manager.
They treat their male underlings like their butlers!

"A woman is complaining that women are not payed the same as men and that not enough women go into STEM fields, when asked what she studied at university she replies, "gender studies of course!""
Edited by: "catbeans" 22nd Jul 2017

catbeans

"A woman is complaining that women are not payed the same as men and that … "A woman is complaining that women are not payed the same as men and that not enough women go into STEM fields, when asks what she studied at university she replies, "gender studies of course!""

Go into top 30 UK universities and watch the wo/men mix/ratio in the STEM lecture theatres of British and non-British students.

zworld13 m ago

Based on past experiences, I would never work for a woman manager. They …Based on past experiences, I would never work for a woman manager. They treat their male underlings like their butlers!

I like working for women (i am a woman to put it into context) as i find they are kinder and more understanding when things go wrong. They dont tend to say harsh things. I also like working for men but i find that organisations ran by women are more efficient and focussed. Just my personal experience of course.

stuarthanley

I worked in a dangerous job a few years ago which meant that as soon as a … I worked in a dangerous job a few years ago which meant that as soon as a female member of staff found out she was pregnant, she had to be removed from post in to a safer area. I trained with a woman that, for the first 5 years of her career, was on light duties because of pregnancy. She still got paid the exact same wage as I did.

Were you both still in the same Red Light District?

...and was she really pregnant for five years?

mutley1

...i am a woman to put it into context...

Like you needed to remind us.

anonimousse17 m ago

You are describing failure. You can big-up yourself as the self-appointed …You are describing failure. You can big-up yourself as the self-appointed Oracle on this site by offering your daily prophecies based on mind-farts and presumed wisdom but successful women who actually run 'things' do not think in a disjointed way like you do; they know how to get things done. They would really run the risk of being stereotyped by employing someone like you LOLPS: Just imagine Dany Cotton employing/deploying @Mutley1 in any situation, who needs constant advice on how to sew in a straight line or chew gum and walk at the same time!

I didnt say i was a successful woman running things. You seem to have a problem mate. I said i like working for women. I may ask stupid questions but what i do know, i know very well. I am not the sort of person who runs companies, i am not a leader and i cant make decisions which is a must for leadership.

i doubt you are sucessful either

anonimousse

You are describing failure. You can big-up yourself as the … You are describing failure. You can big-up yourself as the self-appointed Oracle on this site by offering your daily prophecies based on mind-farts and presumed wisdom but successful women who actually run 'things' do not think in a disjointed way like you do; they know how to get things done. They would really run the risk of being stereotyped by employing someone like you LOLPS: Just imagine Dany Cotton employing/deploying @Mutley1 in any situation, who needs constant advice on how to sew in a straight line or chew gum and walk at the same time!

mutley1

I didnt say i was a successful woman running things. You seem to have a … I didnt say i was a successful woman running things. You seem to have a problem mate. I said i like working for women. I may ask stupid questions but what i do know, i know very well. I am not the sort of person who runs companies, i am not a leader and i cant make decisions which is a must for leadership.i doubt you are sucessful either

I miss DarkEnergy2012's "your favourite ..." threads.

The thread below should feature in the "your favourite thread" discussion:

[ hotukdeals.com/mis…993 ]

Closely followed by...

[ hotukdeals.com/mis…261 ]

anonimousse3 m ago

Pray tell, what exactly do you know very well?

I have no wish to talk to you any more as you are too rude. Speak to someone else who will put up with your rude behaviour.

I'll talk to you, anonimousse.

X) who is your favourite woman?

fanpages

I miss DarkEnergy2012's "your favourite ..." threads...

fanpages

I miss DarkEnergy2012's "your favourite ..." threads...

DarkEnergy2012

X) who is your favourite woman?

Is this thread, or just in general?

mutley1

I have no wish to talk to you any more as you are too rude. Speak to … I have no wish to talk to you any more as you are too rude. Speak to someone else who will put up with your rude behaviour.

I just realised from the post above that you are a legend (HUKD parlance) with a reputation to boot. Please be assured that you would have definitely known if I was being rude; it would have been extremely rude of me not to make that clear! Do carry on entertaining others and asking inane questions and inserting yourself in discussions where you don't belong, as you are far too dumb to do anything else.

Goodbye.

in the observable universe

fanpages

In this thread, or just in general?

fanpages

I will talk to you too fanpages - if you can handle my rude behaviour?

RustInPeace211211 h, 3 m ago

Its a non argument, the bbc pay people that bring them in the most money …Its a non argument, the bbc pay people that bring them in the most money more money. I dislike the BBC but its stupid that this is getting so much coverage. In wider society the gender pay gap is a myth as it is illegal to pay someone different for the same job. When people refer to the gender pay gap they think men get PAID more when in fact they EARN more as in a man on average works more hours, is more likely to take overtime and don't take a year off due to pregnancy. In high profile jobs there is a slight pay discrepancy because of the likelihood of women taking maternity leave or days off to care for sick children.

It's difficult to argue that two jobs are exactly the same and also that two candidates bring exactly the same experience at the same point of supply and demand and perform exactly the same...so in most cases unlikely to be exercised.

fanpages

anonimousse

I will talk to you too fanpages - if you can handle my rude behaviour?

There is a time & place for rude behaviour.

Can you be obscene & not heard?

(We have to consider the neighbours)
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions