Won bid and seller relisted. Wrong or right ??

Found 18th May 2012
Won a bid on ebay today at 2pm . Couldn't pay until i got home..... went to pay and item re listed already . Wrong or right ??? Should more time be given ?
Community Updates
Misc
65 Comments
Sure they haven't got more than one of the item. If only the one item they are wrong, NEG them
Original Poster
Only one item..... just got an email to say relisted...... oO
The seller will more than likely have many of these and once one sells than they will relist using the same template to save time. Have done it myself a few times. Just pay for the item and see if they refund you then take it from there.
jcaho7

Report them to ebay. Surely ebay will do something...
Don't accept his request to cancel transaction and raise a dispute with ebay.
Did you win the item at a bargain price?
jcaho7

I would let them know that you are not happy as you wasn't given time to pay. Not everyone pays as soon as the auction ends as alot of bids are placed in advance of the auction ending or even using bidding software.

They have nothing to gain really that is unless you got it for a cracker of a price. If not a lot of money make payment then see what they say, If they refund you then NEG them

As above don't accept any request to cancel as that means they get the fees back.
Edited by: "simplyjimbo" 19th May 2012
which item number ?
Banned
just pay for it and if they refund, report them as a NPS, oh and neg if needed.
Original Poster
i've just emailed the seller to ask why relisted so soon .....Answer was ~ " Don't like timewasters "......oO .....:(
jcaho7

i've just emailed the seller to ask why relisted so soon .....Answer was … i've just emailed the seller to ask why relisted so soon .....Answer was ~ " Don't like timewasters "......oO .....:(

Make sure you leave negative feedback, can you link to the item number
I am not sure that you can leave negative feedback without paying, never had the situation as a buyer or seller. If not make payment then no doubt they refund you, the NEG them
Banned
...and as usual the OP fails to post the item number.

timewaster indeed.
backinblack

...and as usual the OP fails to post the item number.timewaster indeed.

Why is that time wasting? Advice is all that is needed not picking at a listing nor something that can expose the buyers ebay id for more scrutiny and crap from HUKD members once they have left NEG feedback.
of course more time should be given, Ive had people pay after a day or so. Unless OP they have listed it for immediate payment which would pop up when bidding, or they have put it in the listing how long you have to pay.
Otherwise these are the recommdendations from ebay, so you need to contact them.

When should I pay?

All sellers appreciate quick payment and most only dispatch after receiving payment, so it's good to pay as soon as you win or buy an item. You can pay by clicking the Pay now button in the email notification or in the listing. The seller will be paid and know to send your item immediately. Otherwise, we recommend paying within 3 days of the sale. Some sellers include information on when they expect to be paid in their listings

Edited by: "cloudbusting" 19th May 2012
backinblack

...and as usual the OP fails to post the item number.timewaster indeed.

Agreed
Unless it is an immediate payment required sale. You have up to 7 days to pay. Pay for it and then report to eBay if refunded. Leave bad neg fb.
Was it an 'immediate payment required' purchase?
That's just wrong!
I've waited well over a week for people to pay (maybe I'm too nice!?)
Yes, it's annoying to wait for someone to pay, but to re-list within a day is completely pathetic!
What actually happens if you buy an item that says 'requires immediate payment' but you don't pay? I've never done it. Does the sale get cancelled? If not, then that's probably what's happened here. OP buys, doesn't pay, seller cancels. I would do the same if I insisted on immediate payment, then someone buys and doesn't pay.

Edit: apparently the sale is live until the purchaser pays so if it was an immediate payment required, and the op hasn't been able to pay till he got home, the seller has probably ended the listing and relisted.

So OP, if it was an 'immediate payment required' and you didn't pay immediately, it's your own fault.
i would report as they didnt give you enough time i always state in my listings how long for payment and genrally dsay 2-3 working days
You have 7 days to pay for any item unless immediate payment required. If that, you cannot complete unless you pay immediately by paypal.
So you must have had 7days to pay. The seller cannot try and cancel item until 7days are up.
Pay, and the seller can only refund and. Then they have to pay fees and you can neg them.
This is clearly not about time wasting as the seller will take longer to re sell than to wait for you. It is because the seller didn't like the low price you undoubtedly won it for
deek72

What actually happens if you buy an item that says 'requires immediate … What actually happens if you buy an item that says 'requires immediate payment' but you don't pay? I've never done it. Does the sale get cancelled? If not, then that's probably what's happened here. OP buys, doesn't pay, seller cancels. I would do the same if I insisted on immediate payment, then someone buys and doesn't pay.Edit: apparently the sale is live until the purchaser pays so if it was an immediate payment required, and the op hasn't been able to pay till he got home, the seller has probably ended the listing and relisted. So OP, if it was an 'immediate payment required' and you didn't pay immediately, it's your own fault.

It would have to be a BIN listing for 'immediate payment required' to be an option and then if not paid the sale is cancelled there and then no coming back and making payment later on like a BIN it with immediate payment or like and auction style listing.
I think we should wait to see if the OP confirms whether or not it required immediate payment or not. Otherwise we are all just speculating.
simplyjimbo

Why is that time wasting? Advice is all that is needed not picking at a … Why is that time wasting? Advice is all that is needed not picking at a listing nor something that can expose the buyers ebay id for more scrutiny and crap from HUKD members once they have left NEG feedback.

It was to see if an immediate payment was required for item when I asked
Banned
dontasciime

It was to see if an immediate payment was required for item when I asked

You can't set immediate payment for an auction, ebay give you more than a few hours to pay, it doesn't matter what the seller says in the auctions, the rules don't say you have to pay within seconds of winning.
I don't see any reason to see the auction here.
You CANNOT buy an immediate payment item without paying immediately...

pages.ebay.co.uk/hel…tml
colinsunderland

You can't set immediate payment for an auction, ebay give you more than a … You can't set immediate payment for an auction, ebay give you more than a few hours to pay, it doesn't matter what the seller says in the auctions, the rules don't say you have to pay within seconds of winning.I don't see any reason to see the auction here.

smashed

You CANNOT buy an immediate payment item without paying … You CANNOT buy an immediate payment item without paying immediately...http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/pay/require-immediate-payment.html

I know. I know. :lol

Just Co's OP says they won a bid at 2pm don't mean it was an auction bid It may have been a bin(probably was auction bid but) . Some people get confused and can't write a proper description of their problem.
Edited by: "dontasciime" 19th May 2012
was aimed at others. Fact,this was not an immediate payment item...
Just trying to help
deek72

I think we should wait to see if the OP confirms whether or not it … I think we should wait to see if the OP confirms whether or not it required immediate payment or not. Otherwise we are all just speculating.

It couldn't have been an immediate payment item as you have to pay straight away otherwise you don't win the auction, the op has said they won the auction
souljacker

It couldn't have been an immediate payment item as you have to pay … It couldn't have been an immediate payment item as you have to pay straight away otherwise you don't win the auction, the op has said they won the auction

I know what you mean but he could still have 'bought' ie, clicked the BIN button but not proceeded to payment. He may think he won it when in fact he didn't because he didn't pay.
then it would not be relisted would it
smashed

then it would not be relisted would it

Yes, if he got fed up with waiting for payment, ended listing (as listing remains live until payment is made) and relisted.
Dunno why there's a debate here, immediate payment is only valid for business accounts and you can't 'win' the item until you pay for it so the seller has clearly jumped the gun and has not allowed ample time for payment.

OP should complain to eBay.
Mikey91

Dunno why there's a debate here, immediate payment is only valid for … Dunno why there's a debate here, immediate payment is only valid for business accounts and you can't 'win' the item until you pay for it so the seller has clearly jumped the gun and has not allowed ample time for payment. OP should complain to eBay.

Not sure where you've read that. I've used it and I'm not a business seller. I think anyone can use it combined with a BIN price. http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/pay/require-immediate-payment.html

To require immediate payment for your item, you must:

To require immediate payment from your buyer, you must:
Specify a PayPal Premier or Business account when you list your item
Specify a Buy It Now price no greater than £1,000
Specify postage costs
Post to the buyer's credit card billing address registered at PayPal (unless you change your Payment Receiving preferences in your PayPal profile so that you'll allow buyers to use other addresses)
Be a seller with an account in good standing
Note: Note: If you do not want to charge a P&P fee, you can select the Free P&P option.
Post to the buyer's credit card billing address registered at PayPal (unless you change your Payment Receiving preferences in your PayPal profile so that you'll allow buyers to use other addresses). You may want to put this requirement in your item description or postage and payment information.

To require immediate payment from your buyer, you must:
Specify a PayPal Premier or Business account when you list your item

I've tried before and it hasn't let me. Not sure what a premier account is.

Edit: this apparently -
Personal accounts are for individual use only and have limited access to PayPal's features. For members with a high transaction volume or the need to accept credit or debit cards, Premier and Business accounts offer the following premium services:
All the features of a Personal account
Unlimited credit or debit card payment acceptance
Subscriptions and Recurring payments
Mass Payment
PayPal Shops
Customisable Transaction History Logs
7-day-a-week customer service
Multi-user access
Ability to do business under a corporate or group name
Edited by: "Mikey91" 19th May 2012
deek72

I know what you mean but he could still have 'bought' ie, clicked the BIN … I know what you mean but he could still have 'bought' ie, clicked the BIN button but not proceeded to payment. He may think he won it when in fact he didn't because he didn't pay.

No because the auction would still be live and not have to be re listed, you have to go through the payment process straight away , it is quite clear with immediate payment items if you have bought it or not
Edited by: "souljacker" 19th May 2012
how have you got on OP

id report the son of a b1tch
Just post the item on here and we'll get the bidding going, see how long he gives someone else who wins it (_;)
Edited by: "souljacker" 19th May 2012
@Deek: I take it you have an upgraded account then?

I've got a personal account and have sold a few hundred items and I list most of mine BIN but I am not allowed to require immediate payment so people can 'buy' the item and then not pay straight away.
I've got a normal account and I can list immediate payment required
eBay must not like me
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants