Groups

Wondering if this is a legitimate company?

I've purchased a 12 months xbox live code from xboxdealsuk.co.uk, have received email confirmation of my purchase but haven't received a code. Website states that it's send via instant email delivery. Starting to think i've been scammed. I have sent the company a message via there "contact us" and am waiting for a response.

Has anyone on here had any dealings with them?

20 Comments

Looking at the site name i'd say fake/scam

Example for future reference:

If you want a Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm-Flailing Tubeman
    do not buy one from WackyWavingInflatableArm-FlailingTubemanDeals.com
    Edited by: "phil001" 21st Dec 2016

Did you check your junk or spam folder? Their should be able to resend the code if they are legit.

Domain name:
    xboxdealsuk.co.uk

Registrant:
    Name withheld. This Registrant is using a privacy service.

Registrant's address:
    Address withheld. This Registrant is using a privacy service.

Privacy service:
    Domains By Proxy, LLC

Privacy service's address:
    14747 N Northsight Blvd Suite 111, PMB 309, Scottsdale, AZ 85260, USA

Data validation:
    Nominet was able to match the registrant's name and address against a 3rd party data source on 16-Dec-2016

Registrar:
    GoDaddy.com, LLP. [Tag = GODADDY]
    URL: uk.godaddy.com

Relevant dates:
    Registered on: 15-Dec-2016
    Expiry date: 15-Dec-2017
    Last updated: 16-Dec-2016

Step 1. Use common sense..

Original Poster

Thanks for your responses. Think i'll get on the phone to my credit card company

Original Poster

fearghalg

Did you check your junk or spam folder? Their should be able to resend … Did you check your junk or spam folder? Their should be able to resend the code if they are legit.

The confirmation email went straight into junk. Been checking to see if a second email has gone in with the code but nothing so far.

2 threads?? You hoping some one will say it is legit and you will get your code??

Original Poster

Daftfool666

Step 1. Use common sense..

I did google " xboxdealsuk reviews" nothing incriminating came up and I looked for the padlock on the payment screen.
    so as far as i;m concerned I did use common sense.

Original Poster

Gentle_Giant

2 threads?? You hoping some one will say it is legit and you will get … 2 threads?? You hoping some one will say it is legit and you will get your code??

did you bother to read the first thread?

If it is a scam, cancel your credit card and get a new one as they'll now have all your card details

Yep.
    And I laugh in the face of people so greedy, they dont check out a strange website before handing over their card details.
    I note that in neither thread, has the suggestion been made that cards need to be blocked or banks informed; after all, these criminals know the card works now; accounts may already have been emptied, identity stolen, loans applied for, cars bought......

Original Poster

Gentle_Giant

Yep.And I laugh in the face of people so greedy, they dont check out a … Yep.And I laugh in the face of people so greedy, they dont check out a strange website before handing over their card details.I note that in neither thread, has the suggestion been made that cards need to be blocked or banks informed; after all, these criminals know the card works now; accounts may already have been emptied, identity stolen, loans applied for, cars bought......

Hey, mind you don't fall off that high horse of yours!

bluesue34

​Once it stops rocking

bluesue34

Nice horse isnt it, I bought it from a legitimate shop.

Gentle_Giant

Nice horse isnt it, I bought it from a legitimate shop.

X)

bluesue34

I did google " xboxdealsuk reviews" nothing incriminating came up and I … I did google " xboxdealsuk reviews" nothing incriminating came up and I looked for the padlock on the payment screen. so as far as i;m concerned I did use common sense.

I think you're a bit naive. Firstly, your google search in its basic form yields nothing of any meaning, but add '.co.uk' to the domain name, and you'll find several threads on forums warning you to stay away from them. Secondly, a padlock means nothing, just that the site's owner has paid for an easily available SSL certificate. Thirdly, if you actually check the site, you'll see that there's nothing on it to indicate the owner's address or contact details, and do you not consider that a tiny bit suspicious?

Gotta be wiser in future.

dxx

I think you're a bit naive. Firstly, your google search in its basic form … I think you're a bit naive. Firstly, your google search in its basic form yields nothing of any meaning, but add '.co.uk' to the domain name, and you'll find several threads on forums warning you to stay away from them. Secondly, a padlock means nothing, just that the site's owner has paid for an easily available SSL certificate. Thirdly, if you actually check the site, you'll see that there's nothing on it to indicate the owner's address or contact details, and do you not consider that a tiny bit suspicious?Gotta be wiser in future.

The fact that there are "several threads" warning people about a site that was only registered a week ago shows how many people dont bother to check before giving their card details to a strange website.

If you run Firefox, there is an addon called FlagFox. Not only does this addon show you where the website server is located, but right clicking gives you a menu of instant access to a number of website verification services, such as whois, Alexa, etc.

I have fell for it too.

I even searched he company up before purchasing, they seemed legit but obviously wasn't. I was told a couple f things before purchasing such as the HTTPS. I am normally careful and have purchased before from similar companies. I have tried contacting them to say I haven't received it. I sent the message but since then then site will no longer open. Scum bags!!!

I have just cancelled my card as the payment has been taken.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. cats and royal canin biscuits914
      2. Electricity55
      3. Iptv918
      4. Wireless Earphones for Running56

See more discussions