Wonky Vegetables Selection Box £3.50 at Morrisons

Posted 17th Nov
Your Wonky Veg Selection will include the following: Carrots, Onions (Red or Brown) & Potatoes
It will also include a minimum of three products from the following seasonal produce such as: Cabbage, Cauliflower, Swede, Leeks, Sweet Potatoes, Courgettes or Parsnips.

All contents is subject to availability due to seasonality.

Please note box design may vary.

According to reviews this is what various buyers got in a box:

- 2 parsnips, a pointy cabbage, a swede, 4 medium leeks, 8 large unwonky carrots, 8 small/medium onions and 12 potatoes
- Approx 1kg of leeks, 300g Parsnips, 1.5kg carrot, 0.825kg Onion, 2kg Potatoes, a turnip
- 1 turnip, 1 Savoy cabbage 3 leeks, 2 small parsnips, 8 small onions, 8 med/large carrots and 7 med potatoes.

groceries.morrisons.com/web…011
Community Updates

Groups

Top comments
Is this actually a good deal? The potatoes, onions and carrots probably cost around £2 or less depending on quantity. I kinda thought the point of these wonky veg boxes was that they were going to be thrown away so instead of discarding them they sell them at a discounted price.
There shouldn't be "wonky veg"... It's all wonky, its only the cretinous supermarkets who manufactured a false idea of right and wrong veg to charge more. It's their fault that there's been so much waste for years...
Marketing trick. You can buy a lot of veg for £3.50.
Can’t compare with Lidl’s £1,50 box.
31 Comments
Great! A lovely selection box for > @reindeer333
Loads of wonky deals going around. Good for the wallet.
rosalina181817/11/2019 21:00

Loads of wonky deals going around. Good for the wallet.

More supermarkets should follow with these deals, better for the wallet, better for the environment and better for the farmers (providing they get a good deal)
Edited by: "Diamond_Studd" 17th Nov
Back slaps all around then.
Edited by: "chimp14uk" 17th Nov
Hi, Good deal as long as the produces fresh, not filled up with stuff they need to get shot of
Not on offer it is the standard price but worth a post to make more aware 🌞
Is this actually a good deal? The potatoes, onions and carrots probably cost around £2 or less depending on quantity. I kinda thought the point of these wonky veg boxes was that they were going to be thrown away so instead of discarding them they sell them at a discounted price.
I got one from asda when they first launched these and it was a complete waste. There were quite a few red onions which were fine, some potatoes Which were badly plough damaged and more bad than good and a couple of half rotten peppers. i hope the Morrisons boxes are better than that
Diamond_Studd17/11/2019 21:02

Also brilliant for the environment as there is less food wastage

Absolutely! And shape doesn't matter, the taste is the same. It's all about saving money these days, which is important. And some supermarkets make it possible. Heads up!
There shouldn't be "wonky veg"... It's all wonky, its only the cretinous supermarkets who manufactured a false idea of right and wrong veg to charge more. It's their fault that there's been so much waste for years...
Been this price for a long time.
psychobitchfromhell17/11/2019 21:13

I got one from asda when they first launched these and it was a complete …I got one from asda when they first launched these and it was a complete waste. There were quite a few red onions which were fine, some potatoes Which were badly plough damaged and more bad than good and a couple of half rotten peppers. i hope the Morrisons boxes are better than that

If I was buying a box of wonky veg and there were rotten ones in it, I would complain no matter how cheap. No supermarkets should sell rotten food to consumers and charge for it. Wonky or not.
rosalina181817/11/2019 21:22

If I was buying a box of wonky veg and there were rotten ones in it, I …If I was buying a box of wonky veg and there were rotten ones in it, I would complain no matter how cheap. No supermarkets should sell rotten food to consumers and charge for it. Wonky or not.

The thing is the asda ones were sold sealed. You only found the contents out when you opened it at home. I didn't buy another.
psychobitchfromhell17/11/2019 21:24

The thing is the asda ones were sold sealed. You only found the contents …The thing is the asda ones were sold sealed. You only found the contents out when you opened it at home. I didn't buy another.

Ah, ok. I don't blame you. Obviously a reason why it was sealed. Quite bad, actually.
rosalina181817/11/2019 21:28

Ah, ok. I don't blame you. Obviously a reason why it was sealed. Quite …Ah, ok. I don't blame you. Obviously a reason why it was sealed. Quite bad, actually.

I know. I buy Morrison's wonky veg all the time. Who cares what they look like? By the look of the picture, it looks like an open box so you can visually inspect the produce. All I'd say is beware if it is a closed box.
psychobitchfromhell17/11/2019 21:31

I know. I buy Morrison's wonky veg all the time. Who cares what they look …I know. I buy Morrison's wonky veg all the time. Who cares what they look like? By the look of the picture, it looks like an open box so you can visually inspect the produce. All I'd say is beware if it is a closed box.

Thank for the tip
rosalina181817/11/2019 21:33

Thank for the tip

I may have just been unlucky but it was a waste of money. There wasn't much usable
Marketing trick. You can buy a lot of veg for £3.50.
Why don't they just sell it like normal and tell people to get over it?
drnutso17/11/2019 21:18

i shop at lidl regularly and have been to multiple stores, but have yet to see one of these... weird.
Edited by: "elbs" 17th Nov
Good value can’t understand why some people are so picky on how there fruit and veg looks. Also some Morrison’s have joined Too Good to Go app so worth checking out if your local has joined.
That's how you fleece the hypsters. You can get loads more prepack deals for that price.
Edited by: "jjabbar" 17th Nov
cheakz17/11/2019 21:13

Is this actually a good deal? The potatoes, onions and carrots probably …Is this actually a good deal? The potatoes, onions and carrots probably cost around £2 or less depending on quantity. I kinda thought the point of these wonky veg boxes was that they were going to be thrown away so instead of discarding them they sell them at a discounted price.

wonky also includes the sizes and shapes that customers have grown up to expect
if you dont think its a good deal, dont buy them
Rrp. Rules are rules I've been told .
elbs17/11/2019 22:31

i shop at lidl regularly and have been to multiple stores, but have yet to …i shop at lidl regularly and have been to multiple stores, but have yet to see one of these... weird.

As far as i’m aware it is company wide thing and all stores are to get them done and kepton stand behind checkouts.

i shop at lidl regularly and have been to multiple stores, but have yet to …i shop at lidl regularly and have been to multiple stores, but have yet to see one of these... weird.

Same here! :/
cheakz17/11/2019 21:13

Is this actually a good deal? The potatoes, onions and carrots probably …Is this actually a good deal? The potatoes, onions and carrots probably cost around £2 or less depending on quantity. I kinda thought the point of these wonky veg boxes was that they were going to be thrown away so instead of discarding them they sell them at a discounted price.

Completely agree with you

I was just thinking that is it a gimmick

These boxes are usually put out in the morning and are most probably sold out within the first few hours of opening. I've always seen them at my local store.
Edited by: "_P15" 18th Nov
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions