Found 28th Apr 2007
Laptop (Fine last night when I turned it off) is not working - wont turn back on because of a problem with windows (or so it says) not sure how long this will be the case for, but hopefully will get it repaired soon.

Until then I will have access to the internet via the downstairs computer - but wont be able to surf HUKD really until laptop is back up and running.

See you all soon, will check on you when I can

Julia

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
15 Comments

Good luck getting it sorted :-)

take care and lets hope Liverpool are through to the final when we next hear from you.

markwills

Good luck getting it sorted :-)

second that.

currychops

lets hope Liverpool are through to the final when we next hear from you.

Second that

kelly_o_fanatic

Until then I will have access to the internet via the downstairs computer … Until then I will have access to the internet via the downstairs computer - but wont be able to surf HUKD really until laptop is back up and running

:w00t: [SIZE="7"]WOOHOO!![/SIZE] :w00t:

[SIZE="1"]Nah, im only kidding. We will all miss you dearly!!! :-( Hope you get everything sorted :thumbsup: [/SIZE]

currychops

take care and lets hope Liverpool are through to the final when we next … take care and lets hope Liverpool are through to the final when we next hear from you.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hope its sorted soon J.

Will give me a chance to catch up on the post count;-)

Original Poster

Just been on the phone to Dell and hardware is all fine, are sending me some disks out in the post and then calling me back tommorow to try and fix it

fingers crossed that it works, otherwise I will have to lose all the stuff I have saved!

kelly_o_fanatic

Just been on the phone to Dell and hardware is all fine, are sending me … Just been on the phone to Dell and hardware is all fine, are sending me some disks out in the post and then calling me back tommorow to try and fix itfingers crossed that it works, otherwise I will have to lose all the stuff I have saved!

Yeah, dell are good like that. I recently bought a laptop, and formatted & clean installed winXP on receipt of the laptop. You can't get some of the software online and dell quite happily sent me out the cds within a couple of days.

Original Poster

Yeah but they are charging me for the disks (or rather parents!) because the insurance I have only covers the hardware not the software!

Wouldnt mind if it was my fault, but cant see how it is - was working fine before I turned it off and hadnt installed any new software or anything

Glad to hear your laptop problems are getting sorted anyway!

It wouldnt be the same here without you! :-D

Original Poster

Ok, I have good news and bad news....

Good news - I am back on my laptop at a total cost of £34

Bad news - I had to revert to factory settings and have lost everything (Although luckily I thought ahead and had all my school work saved on USB stick and downstairs computer)

Original Poster

I will probably be a bit absent for a while as I try and reinstall everything and stuff

oh what a nightmare hope it all gets sorted and is reasonably stress free .its a nightmare when it happens .

Original Poster

Thanks is a nightmare, am just glad that I saved my school work somewhere else!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…52115
    2. Wuntu codes give away22
    3. HUKD Satellite Information & IPTV Thread48810993
    4. Anyone else bored of video gaming2951

See more discussions