Groups

Woo-Hoo! I got an income tax rebate - and I haven't been employed for three years!!!

£82.70, new jeans here I come.

Just wanted to share.

243 Comments

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/comment/9/2010/10/44ae567fdf6ab8dbcb45f787bbbfc571/340x.gif

you should spend in on a new job hunting outfit

so how much you giving everyone?

Yeah why not use it to look for a job?

Toybhoy

Yeah why not use it to look for a job?

Probably cant afford to get a job

Who said the OP needs to get a job she maybe a stay at home Mum for example,jeez some people are harsh.

Original Poster

Don't want or need a job! I gave up after having my first baby, went on to have two more (my eldest is almost 4 and has just started nursery for half days). Once they are all in school I may think about getting a job.

Original Poster

deb8z

Who said the OP needs to get a job she maybe a stay at home Mum for … Who said the OP needs to get a job she maybe a stay at home Mum for example,jeez some people are harsh.

I AM!! I don't need a job, nor want one. Hubby has a good job and works longer hours than I'm happy with, but everything is ok financially. Touch wood!

deb8z

Who said the OP needs to get a job she maybe a stay at home Mum for … Who said the OP needs to get a job she maybe a stay at home Mum for example,jeez some people are harsh.

Well she did post this in the Hotukdeals Misc forum, surely everyone knows what to expect by now?

make your husband a romantic meal. Get some chateaubriand.

Love how I'm waiting on a £800 rebate for LAST year, despite the 5 letters I've sent already, and I work!

Original Poster

baffledsalmon

Love how I'm waiting on a £800 rebate for LAST year, despite the 5 … Love how I'm waiting on a £800 rebate for LAST year, despite the 5 letters I've sent already, and I work!

Ah. Well I've just had the letter, so was planning on buying said jeans this weekend. Maybe I should hold off for a while! Had my eye on a pair for ages...

Original Poster

mhh1981

make your husband a romantic meal. Get some chateaubriand.

They're sexy jeans - he'll be happy.

OMG!

Penny Saver

Ah. Well I've just had the letter, so was planning on buying said jeans … Ah. Well I've just had the letter, so was planning on buying said jeans this weekend. Maybe I should hold off for a while! Had my eye on a pair for ages...

why not just buy the jeans when you saw them, what's this waiting ages lameness?

Penny Saver

what, why you worrying about the expense, you don't work your hubby does................

Original Poster

JonnyTwoToes

You got three kids, you have a rebate of £82 and you want to spend it on … You got three kids, you have a rebate of £82 and you want to spend it on yourself while you husband works all hours god sends?Yeah....... get a job!

You don't know me, nor how I usually spend money - this will be a treat for me! Whatever.

Original Poster

Alfonse

what, why you worrying about the expense, you don't work your hubby … what, why you worrying about the expense, you don't work your hubby does................

He earns it, I make sure it stretches as far as it can. Like my jeans will round my bottom.

meh, whatever, never heard of a pair of jeans being a treat, thats normal weekend purchase for me

why are people being horrible?

Original Poster

ilovepink

why are people being horrible?

I don't know! Anywho, school run time for me.

Banned

Do you get any benefits?

I would love to be a SAH mum.

Enjoy the jeans

^^^ THIS (was in reference to ILP... too late)

at least I said it a bit tongue in cheek, theres plenty of reasons for someone not being in work
    Edited by: "MinstrelMan" 22nd Oct 2010

Original Poster

Alfonse

meh, whatever, never heard of a pair of jeans being a treat, thats normal … meh, whatever, never heard of a pair of jeans being a treat, thats normal weekend purchase for me

Not for me, last bit of clothing I bought for myself was maternity wear. Baby is now 18 months. Hence why this treat is a real treat for me!

Original Poster

DLM

Do you get any benefits?I would love to be a SAH mum.Enjoy the jeans

Only child benefit. Something minimal from the tax credit people, but I think that stopped when youngest turned one.

Must dash.

JonnyTwoShoes dont be an idiot...Ive reported you as you clearly have now concept of the modern world.

Penny Saver - I wish I had a rebate! I'm still keeping fingers crossed I'll have a letter soon ha.

Banned

Penny Saver

Only child benefit. Something minimal from the tax credit people, but I … Only child benefit. Something minimal from the tax credit people, but I think that stopped when youngest turned one. Must dash.

Your allowed to be a SAH mum then

Have a great weekend x x

Edited by: "DLM" 22nd Oct 2010

Banned

thats nowt! My mate gets £800 working tax credit every month and has done ever since he went back to work 6 months ago. He earns £1000 a week anyway but hes called them up 3 times now and they say the calculation is right so hes just saving it all now lol

he also gets £40 per week top up for going back to work after being on long term unemployment benefit!

I've also asked the mods to look at this thread,why people have to be nasty is beyond me.

Banned

thrustmaster

Stay at home mum is not a job. It is an excuse to be lazy more than … Stay at home mum is not a job. It is an excuse to be lazy more than anything and just shows true lack of ambition in life.

I lost my ambition in my 20's

Banned

JonnyTwoToes

I have read all posts and take all onboard... however, on thing remains … I have read all posts and take all onboard... however, on thing remains to be said:Get a job!

JT why don't you become a SAH dad?

ignore them penny saver
    hope u get some nice jeans with ur rebate

Banned

JonnyTwoToes

[I know what you've posted. Whatever! (are you from the 80's?)Point … [I know what you've posted. Whatever! (are you from the 80's?)Point remains - get a job!

Think certain members should back off. Do you really think with the recent spending review that there's going to be a job for all ?

One less in the job market makes it fractionally easier for someone else to get a job.

Enjoy the rebate, it's yours as a result of loaning the government some of your previously hard earned cash.

Banned

mhh1981

JonnyTwoShoes dont be an idiot...Ive reported you as you clearly have now … JonnyTwoShoes dont be an idiot...Ive reported you as you clearly have now concept of the modern world. Penny Saver - I wish I had a rebate! I'm still keeping fingers crossed I'll have a letter soon ha.

Modern world? A modern world gives a rebate to someone after three years of being unemployed? Get real.

Banned

Anyone got a letter telling them they owe the tax man such and such?

Banned

PMSL @ the do you claim benefits, do you live in a council house will be next

hope you like your new jeans

Banned

JT why don't you become a SAH daddy?

deb8z

I've also asked the mods to look at this thread,why people have to be … I've also asked the mods to look at this thread,why people have to be nasty is beyond me.

+1

DLM

Do you get any benefits?I would love to be a SAH mum.Enjoy the jeans

How did the jog interview go? hope you get it

Banned

sassie

PMSL @ the do you claim benefits, do you live in a council house will be … PMSL @ the do you claim benefits, do you live in a council house will be nexthope you like your new jeans

Don't put idea's in my head

Joking X)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Royal Mail chat says I am not allowed to send paper of any kind to Hong Kon…811
      2. Whoop! Next Sale VIP Slots have been released55
      3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047067
      4. New TV,Film & Ebook Releases 2407239

See more discussions