Wooden bunk bed

Posted 9th Jul 2020
Hi, I'm assembling a wooden bunk bed but once the screws are in it leaves dents in the wood. Is it meant to be like this or is there something I can place in between the wood and the screw that will help avoid the dent?

3502758.jpg
Community Updates
Ask
5 Comments
Are you hand screwing it or using a drill? If the later you want to use the torque limiter on a low setting so it doesn't over tighten, causing the damage.

Hope that helps!

Edit: Also if you are scared of it coming loose (which im sure it wouldn't) then instead of overtightening use some thread lock
Edited by: "Rocknroiia" 9th Jul
As above over tightened
Rocknroiia09/07/2020 21:53

Are you hand screwing it or using a drill? If the later you want to use …Are you hand screwing it or using a drill? If the later you want to use the torque limiter on a low setting so it doesn't over tighten, causing the damage.Hope that helps!Edit: Also if you are scared of it coming loose (which im sure it wouldn't) then instead of overtightening use some thread lock

Hand screwing it using an allen key. Thank you I will try with thread lock.
kat_199009/07/2020 23:05

Hand screwing it using an allen key. Thank you I will try with thread … Hand screwing it using an allen key. Thank you I will try with thread lock.

Screw it to tight and you damage it screw it to loose and you might get creaks or screws falling out in time
No doubt made of soft pine like the Ikea mydal, catch 22 as above just nip it up and you can get squeaks and movement, properly tightening causes some crushing.
More expensive ones from like the white company have recessed areas for the bolt head negating the cracking
Post a comment
@
    Text