Groups
    EXPIRED

Wooden Garden Shed

I have just moved into a new house and am in dire need of a garden shed. I like the look of the wooden ones but are the metal ones more durable (and they wouldnt blow away in the storms like last night). Does anyone have any advice as to the different types available and where to buy for a good price. I'm looking for something like this one in Argos:

]http://www.argos.co.uk/wcsstore/argos/images/7054499SPA65UC260401M.jpg

Can I get it any cheaper than £399?

4 Comments

feckoffcup

I have just moved into a new house and am in dire need of a garden shed. … I have just moved into a new house and am in dire need of a garden shed. I like the look of the wooden ones but are the metal ones more durable (and they wouldnt blow away in the storms like last night). Does anyone have any advice as to the different types available and where to buy for a good price. I'm looking for something like this one in Argos:]Can I get it any cheaper than £399?

Hi
    Try Shedstore, they usually have some good deals eg:

10'2 x 8'1 (3.09x2.46m) Economy Overlap Workshop 108 OLWS108 Shed

Our Price: £389.00
    Including VAT & Delivery*
    You save £60.00 (13.36%) off the usual retail price of £449

I think the metal sheds are ok, my Mum has one and sometimes complains of the doors sticking & it leaking a little.

I think wooden ones are best ..but and a BIG BUT..make sure you apply decent timber protection (don't skimp on cost) and they will last years...also when the felt roof breaks down..as it will ...make sure you replace with good quality felt..the cheap stuff will not last.

Original Poster

Thanks for the info, there are some good deals on the mainland UK but delivery is hammering me. I seem to have figured out that the overlap isnt as good as tongue and groove but the price jumps a bit. I might just have to go local. Anyone know the difference between shiplap and overlap?

Homebase have a metal one on offer at the moment for just £159.99 plus £4.99 delivery Size (H)182, (W)183, (D)216cm.

That may well got you out of trouble for now ;-)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Biscuit addiction1848
      2. How to cancel Sky subscription79
      3. Rain effect window. The one from FRIENDS! Please help!55
      4. Oil for Oak Doors56

See more discussions