Groups

WOOO - Operation Flashpoint 2 Has Arrived!

If the Royal Mail play ball, I could be playing this game tomorrow - so can't wait! Looks amazing imo.

Anyone else getting this game? Would be pretty good getting a decent 4 man fireteam going. Night levels look HAM-azing!

126 Comments

hehe, good luck with the royal mail and said ball playing..

downloading it right this second. :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Narfette;6496690

hehe, good luck with the royal mail and said ball playing..

Well I'm up north and the RM site is saying all sorting offices in the next 48 hours are gonna play ball - its coming from ShopTo and the sorting office they go through are on strike thursday, but usually they are a next day delivery service so fingers crossed

Original Poster

Babbabooey;6496698

downloading it right this second. :thumbsup:

No spoilers :thumbsup:

I think I'm actually gonna geek it out one day and see if it really takes 22 hours to cross the island or might just go for the softie route of 20 mins in a heli

Whats the release date? Cheapest price? must play.

Original Poster

Titchimp;6496730

Whats the release date? Cheapest price? must play.

Cheapest price is ShopTo at £28.99, they are processing and despatching today.

Official release is this friday :thumbsup:

Meadsy4742;6496711

No spoilers :thumbsup:

Lol, what spoilers exactly? Not like there's much secret about the game, you shoot anything and everything and try avoid being shot yourself. Simples.

Meadsy4742;6496711

No spoilers :thumbsup:I think I'm actually gonna geek it out one day and … No spoilers :thumbsup:I think I'm actually gonna geek it out one day and see if it really takes 22 hours to cross the island or might just go for the softie route of 20 mins in a heli

lol i saw that yesterday on sentuamsg thing on live and had the exact same thought. you'd need to pick the 2 furthest points on the island and plot your path in a straight as line as possible, not that I have actually gave it that much thought lol

Original Poster

Babbabooey;6496758

Lol, what spoilers exactly? Not like there's much secret about the game, … Lol, what spoilers exactly? Not like there's much secret about the game, you shoot anything and everything and try avoid being shot yourself. Simples.

Weapons and vehicles. Not all of these have been.....Okay, I'll be honest - just jealous your gonna be playing tonight :cry::cry:

Original Poster

ants97;6496767

lol i saw that yesterday on sentuamsg thing on live and had the exact … lol i saw that yesterday on sentuamsg thing on live and had the exact same thought. you'd need to pick the 2 furthest points on the island and plot your path in a straight as line as possible, not that I have actually gave it that much thought lol

Jeez, imaging going around the coastline then - not worth thinking about really lol.

Where did you get it from meadsy?

Original Poster

Starr;6496821

Where did you get it from meadsy?

ShopTo.

Theres people on there that have had it pre-ordered for ages but I ordered mine a few month ago and its been despatched so if you order before 5pm you should be lucky enough to get a copy sent out today :thumbsup:

Meadsy4742;6496843

ShopTo.Theres people on there that have had it pre-ordered for ages but I … ShopTo.Theres people on there that have had it pre-ordered for ages but I ordered mine a few month ago and its been despatched so if you order before 5pm you should be lucky enough to get a copy sent out today :thumbsup:

ordered it yesterday at 17:30 i think so hopefully same for me will check email:thumbsup:

Original Poster

Starr;6496854

ordered it yesterday at 17:30 i think so hopefully same for me will check … ordered it yesterday at 17:30 i think so hopefully same for me will check email:thumbsup:

They only got the games in an hour ago so yours should be being processed as we speak.

Meadsy4742;6496867

They only got the games in an hour ago so yours should be being processed … They only got the games in an hour ago so yours should be being processed as we speak.

good stuff, nothing yet though, surprised this stayed at 28.99:whistling:

just ordered thanks for the heads up mate !

Woo demon's soul dispatched.......Operation flashpoint 2 also looks great (will be buying when it is cheaper or I get rich)

Original Poster

scotland88;6496918

just ordered thanks for the heads up mate !

Not a problem mate :thumbsup:

Original Poster

electriclinux;6496930

Woo demon's soul dispatched.......Operation flashpoint 2 also looks great … Woo demon's soul dispatched.......Operation flashpoint 2 also looks great (will be buying when it is cheaper or I get rich)

£28.99 is quite cheap I think.

Can't see this dropping to £17.99 like some games do for a week or so.

I have many games that I need to play before I buy new games so it will probably buy it at Christmas.

Banned

is there a demo on xbox live for this game?

The demo will be PC-exclusive and not be released for consoles.

Banned

damn, it any good then>? lol

Ordered ps3 version. Anyone else going to be on ps3?

OFP was my fave PC game, we were going to do a mod in a kind of escape game, one team got a head start and had to get to the other end of the map via land, the other team would follow after 5 mins but have access to aircraft, they would hunt the people down. The people on the run would have access to better vehicles and weaponry the further up the map they got. never got round to learning the scripting though! lol.

Meadsy4742;6496711

No spoilers :thumbsup:I think I'm actually gonna geek it out one day and … No spoilers :thumbsup:I think I'm actually gonna geek it out one day and see if it really takes 22 hours to cross the island or might just go for the softie route of 20 mins in a heli

My gosh, 22 hours really to cross the island? thats insane, ill be trying that one :w00t:

Meadsy4742;6496783

Weapons and vehicles. Not all of these have been.....Okay, I'll be … Weapons and vehicles. Not all of these have been.....Okay, I'll be honest - just jealous your gonna be playing tonight :cry::cry:

I'm pretty sure you'll be playing it before me, even though I have it sitting at home right now.
    I have to assemble my 3 year olds new bike tonight, so god knows how long that will take :-D

I want this eventho i havent seen much about it - will it be anything like Cod? Or will this be a Cod beater?

vengod;6497179

I want this eventho i havent seen much about it - will it be anything … I want this eventho i havent seen much about it - will it be anything like Cod? Or will this be a Cod beater?

Nothing much like it. OFP is more of a military sim

geez thats it been processed already hopfully i will have mine tomoz to! that was quicker than i thought

Original Poster

vengod;6497179

I want this eventho i havent seen much about it - will it be anything … I want this eventho i havent seen much about it - will it be anything like Cod? Or will this be a Cod beater?

Imagine CoD dosen't exist - thats why I think CoD has ruined FPS's these days, everyone compares them.

This is a completely different game, and I reckon it will be a better one, so much so that I've cancelled my pre-order for MW2.

Original Poster

lastlaststar;6497149

My gosh, 22 hours really to cross the island? thats insane, ill be trying … My gosh, 22 hours really to cross the island? thats insane, ill be trying that one :w00t:

Yeah, wouldn't surprise me if theres an achievement for this haha.

Meadsy4742;6497329

Imagine CoD dosen't exist - thats why I think CoD has ruined FPS's these … Imagine CoD dosen't exist - thats why I think CoD has ruined FPS's these days, everyone compares them.This is a completely different game, and I reckon it will be a better one, so much so that I've cancelled my pre-order for MW2.

now thats jst crazy talk !!!!

Meadsy4742;6497329

Imagine CoD dosen't exist - thats why I think CoD has ruined FPS's these … Imagine CoD dosen't exist - thats why I think CoD has ruined FPS's these days, everyone compares them.This is a completely different game, and I reckon it will be a better one, so much so that I've cancelled my pre-order for MW2.

Ive played other army games. I enjoed Battlefield for a short while but after a week or so i thought it was rather poor as the game didnt really grip me.

Original Poster

Babbabooey;6497165

I'm pretty sure you'll be playing it before me, even though I have it … I'm pretty sure you'll be playing it before me, even though I have it sitting at home right now.I have to assemble my 3 year olds new bike tonight, so god knows how long that will take :-D

With or without them watching/trying to ride a half assembled bike? :whistling:

Original Poster

vengod;6497348

Ive played other army games. I enjoed Battlefield for a short while but … Ive played other army games. I enjoed Battlefield for a short while but after a week or so i thought it was rather poor as the game didnt really grip me.

Battlefield is pretty poor in my eyes, well, BF2 wasn't, but Bad Company was.

Original Poster

scotland88;6497340

now thats jst crazy talk !!!!

Honestly, the only reason I'm gonna buy MW2 is for the story. The MW looks pretty much the same, got bored after hammering CoD4 and WaW.

Meadsy4742;6497355

Battlefield is pretty poor in my eyes, well, BF2 wasn't, but Bad Company … Battlefield is pretty poor in my eyes, well, BF2 wasn't, but Bad Company was.

Yeah it was Bad company i played.

Imagine people from hukd playing co-op together.

Person 1 "Target two clicks northwest"
    Person 2 "Setting range...........target acquired"
    Person 1 "Take the shot"
    Person 2 "Wait he just walked out of asda and the the beans are 2p off"
    Person 1 "Take the shot!"
    Person 2 "Just let me stock up, heat and rep added"
    Person 2 " Don't rep the enemy plus the deal is already expired"

Original Poster

electriclinux;6497384

Imagine people from hukd playing co-op together.Person 1 "Target two … Imagine people from hukd playing co-op together.Person 1 "Target two clicks northwest"Person 2 "Setting range...........target acquired"Person 1 "Take the shot"Person 2 "Wait he just walked out of asda and the the beans are 2p off"Person 1 "Take the shot!"Person 2 "Just let me stock up, heat and rep added"Person 2 " Don't rep the enemy plus the deal is already expired"

Person 3(MOD aka The Enemy) ''Your both banned for talking about expired deals - have an IED!''

:whistling:

Meadsy4742;6497349

With or without them watching/trying to ride a half assembled bike? … With or without them watching/trying to ride a half assembled bike? :whistling:

I will wait until they are tucked up in bed, so won't be able to even start building it until gone 8.
    Knowing my diy skills I'll still be there tomorrow morning. :-D
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread424814507
      2. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!553811
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767507
      4. Your favourite member of the Labour shadow cabinet is .....68

See more discussions