Groups

Woooooo first day of driving...

And i've broke my car...

Clutch had just gone dead... nothing.. not disengaging at all.. and there is brake fluid leaking out of the bottom quite fast! HELP

20 Comments

Oh dear.... :s

Panic!

it could be as minor as a broken seal. just get it checked out RAC? AA?

Banned

HELP

you may have to give a little more inof than that, i could send you a bowl

are any of your mates car savvy?

Original Poster

wolf359;6861763

it could be as minor as a broken seal. just get it checked out RAC? … it could be as minor as a broken seal. just get it checked out RAC? AA?

im hopin its just the spool thats broke or something minor than that... £70 and job done... PLEASe haha

ilovepink;6861799

are any of your mates car savvy?

Nope... It just passed its mot today... and now this!

dean3988;6861870

Nope... It just passed its mot today... and now this!

Take it back to the garage and ask them to look at it.

Banned

Clutch broken + fluid on floor = clutch fluid leak

NB: not brake fluid leak

Banned

I am so glad I don't have to run a car anymore.

They are an expensive luxury.

Good luck with it.

Original Poster

lumoruk;6861904

Clutch broken + fluid on floor = clutch fluid leakNB: not brake fluid leak

Clutch fluid uses the same tank thing as the brakes...

you passed?

strong car

Banned

dean3988;6861915

Clutch fluid uses the same tank thing as the brakes...

really? that's crap should have got a VW separate reservoir tanks, though the PAS uses the same as the clutch

What car is it?

Also I know it's just passed MOT etc, but was it you who got the MOT done, and when was it last driven?

fiesta isnt it ? if you have fluid leaking out the bottom of the gearbox & you have no clutch, then its the clutch release bearing leaking as they are hydraulic (concentric slave cylinder), gearbox has to be removed to replace it, not going to be cheap im afraid !

Original Poster

richp;6862273

fiesta isnt it ? if you have fluid leaking out the bottom of the gearbox … fiesta isnt it ? if you have fluid leaking out the bottom of the gearbox & you have no clutch, then its the clutch release bearing leaking as they are hydraulic (concentric slave cylinder), gearbox has to be removed to replace it, not going to be cheap im afraid !

wooo!

My grandads coming round tommorow to have a look at it (ex mechanic)

Original Poster

MunkiMadz;6862176

What car is it?Also I know it's just passed MOT etc, but was it you who … What car is it?Also I know it's just passed MOT etc, but was it you who got the MOT done, and when was it last driven?

it was last driven back in june when i got it... apart from the moving up and down the drive haha... MOT was done by family member who is the manager of a citroen garage..

loads of fords share a reservoir for clutch & brakes

So....What was the problem then?

Dean - Havent you just fixed your car?

Clutch fluid leaking and lack of clutch suggest either a master or slave clutch cylinder has failed. Some cars are not too bad, a few hundred, but some need the gearbox removing, big job running into several more hundred pound.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4191857
      2. Back to school: what's your views on your kids uniform and piercing rules e…24101
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764651
      4. Show us your Photos 2017. August's Theme - Animals31411

See more discussions