woop! hopefully i will have my first car within the next week =)

stuck to my guns with the garage regarding the tax and didnt give in. my brother phoned today and offered me his car so ive accepted.

now im just wondering, his tax runs out end of march. i know i will need my insurance to come though but how soon will i need to apply for another tax disc, and whats the best way to go about it?

40 Comments

the last day of march down at the post office

What car is it, and congratss

Original Poster

JaYy_dOg;7940505

What car is it, and congratss

fiesta st, blue :-D

Original Poster

leemole101;7940504

the last day of march down at the post office

cant you apply online these days? is that not easier?

your brother drove the same car u wanted?

Original Poster

muffin247;7940532

your brother drove the same car u wanted?

yeah! well the same model if thats what you mean? i liked them before he got his though

Get it online, as long as the MOT and insurance exist in cyber space somewhere it'll come through. I think you can get it anytime during the month in which it expires without losing out. If it lets you do it even earlier (hubby seems to think it does) why not get your brother to do it for you, if you're concerned about the insurance docs?

donna-lou;7940515

cant you apply online these days? is that not easier?

you can but it can take a while for the cars details to be updated into your name ect. you could aways try the net first :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Penny Saver;7940560

Get it online, as long as the MOT and insurance exist in cyber space … Get it online, as long as the MOT and insurance exist in cyber space somewhere it'll come through. I think you can get it anytime during the month in which it expires without losing out. If it lets you do it even earlier (hubby seems to think it does) why not get your brother to do it for you, if you're concerned about the insurance docs?

good idea! i'll ask and see what he says :-D

Banned

how much then, is he cutting you a deal or is he giving you the book price spiel

To quote my tax renewal form ;

"Do not apply for your tax disc before the 5th day of the month before the tax disc is due to start"

If you do it by phone or online you have the chance of winning a new SEAT IBIZA.

Original Poster

casparwhite;7941108

how much then, is he cutting you a deal or is he giving you the book … how much then, is he cutting you a deal or is he giving you the book price spiel

£8100. its 57 reg with under 10k miles. hes buying a focus st (again) and this is what the garage offered him for the fiesta

Banned

Don't count on the EGLANTINE having updated your details in time

Do it at the PO on March 31st. Be careful, you may have to interact with other humans.

Original Poster

dimebars;7941172

Don't count on the EGLANTINE having updated your details in timeDo it at … Don't count on the EGLANTINE having updated your details in timeDo it at the PO on March 31st. Be careful, you may have to interact with other humans.

ok so what do i take to the post office? wont i have to fill a tax form in first? do i get that from the post office? and do i just take v5 and insurance cover note and mot certificate?

Banned

donna-lou;7941145

£8100. its 57 reg with under 10k miles. hes buying a focus st (again) and … £8100. its 57 reg with under 10k miles. hes buying a focus st (again) and this is what the garage offered him for the fiesta

sat nav, leather heated seats, sunroof?

seems a lot to have been offered trade in or even cash

Original Poster

casparwhite;7941228

sat nav, leather heated seats, sunroof?seems a lot to have been offered … sat nav, leather heated seats, sunroof?seems a lot to have been offered trade in or even cash

he was offered 8500 at another garage for a different focus

Original Poster

whatsThePoint;7941371

I wouldn't go by a trading value, garages over price their cars for sell … I wouldn't go by a trading value, garages over price their cars for sell so they can over value your tradein to make you think your getting a good price for your carValue it herehttp://www.whatcar.com/valuationshttp://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/prices/#

well my brother isnt going to sell me his car for less than he can get it at the garage. judging by the cars for sale in the area ive got a good deal and thats all that matters

Does it have the tyres you wanted?
Plus you are still forking out for Tax, Seems a cheaper deal at the garage as it was under 8k there? lol
Glad you got the car you wanted though x

Original Poster

beth3735;7950297

Does it have the tyres you wanted?Plus you are still forking out for Tax, … Does it have the tyres you wanted?Plus you are still forking out for Tax, Seems a cheaper deal at the garage as it was under 8k there? lolGlad you got the car you wanted though x

this car is a year newer with less miles and i know its history. yeah it still has the original tyres which will have about another 4000 miles left in them. it also gives me a month to get the tax sorted so hopefully all documents will be back by then

donna-lou;7950309

this car is a year newer with less miles and i know its history. yeah it … this car is a year newer with less miles and i know its history. yeah it still has the original tyres which will have about another 4000 miles left in them. it also gives me a month to get the tax sorted so hopefully all documents will be back by then

I didnt realise the age of it sorry, I bet you cant wait to get it now and start to be able to call it yours.

Original Poster

beth3735;7950320

I didnt realise the age of it sorry, I bet you cant wait to get it now … I didnt realise the age of it sorry, I bet you cant wait to get it now and start to be able to call it yours.

unless i cant get the money to him! i see youve commented in my other thread so i assume you know what im on about. its all far too stressful lol. still if i can get the money over in time i will be buzzing when i get it

donna-lou;7950340

unless i cant get the money to him! i see youve commented in my other … unless i cant get the money to him! i see youve commented in my other thread so i assume you know what im on about. its all far too stressful lol. still if i can get the money over in time i will be buzzing when i get it

Shame it cant be done online to save any hassle
You will have to post pictures of the car when you have it. I couldnt wait to get my 1st car, sadly that was 10 years ago!

Original Poster

beth3735;7950382

Shame it cant be done online to save any hassle You will have to post … Shame it cant be done online to save any hassle You will have to post pictures of the car when you have it. I couldnt wait to get my 1st car, sadly that was 10 years ago!

i will! if i can get the money to him that is or i will have to lose it :cry: i cant wait to get it but at the minute as soon as i think about it i start getting myself stressed instead of excited

Banned

donna-lou;7950231

well my brother isnt going to sell me his car for less than he can get it … well my brother isnt going to sell me his car for less than he can get it at the garage. judging by the cars for sale in the area ive got a good deal and thats all that matters

thats no excuse to pay over the odds. Seems a lot for a 57 fiesta unless of course it is top of the range and not a base model. Never value a car on local garage prices either as they always ask thousands too much.

Original Poster

csiman;7950414

thats no excuse to pay over the odds. Seems a lot for a 57 fiesta unless … thats no excuse to pay over the odds. Seems a lot for a 57 fiesta unless of course it is top of the range and not a base model. Never value a car on local garage prices either as they always ask thousands too much.

its not a base model, its the st version. and from the prices of others for sale up our way its not a bad price

At least you'll know the entire history of the car as he had it from new didn't he? Glad to hear you didn't back down with the garage though. It all worked out in the end, which is the main thing :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Charlie&Lola;7950751

At least you'll know the entire history of the car as he had it from new … At least you'll know the entire history of the car as he had it from new didn't he? Glad to hear you didn't back down with the garage though. It all worked out in the end, which is the main thing :thumbsup:

yeah thats it! he has been the only owner and does look after his cars. its just getting the money to him in time now but thats another thread :thumbsup:

OP, wont it feel strange getting jiggy on the same back seat as your bro did?:?

Banned

transit;7951766

OP, wont it feel strange getting jiggy on the same back seat as your bro … OP, wont it feel strange getting jiggy on the same back seat as your bro did?:?

Trust you

DLM;7951890

Trust you

Admit it, it crossed your mind too

Banned

transit;7952043

Admit it, it crossed your mind too

I have never had sex in a car

DLM;7952059

Fair enough, technically sex on the bonnet doesnt count as in the car :thumbsup:

Banned

transit;7952118

Fair enough, technically sex on the bonnet doesnt count as in the car … Fair enough, technically sex on the bonnet doesnt count as in the car :thumbsup:

Cheeky

donna-lou;7941224

ok so what do i take to the post office? wont i have to fill a tax form … ok so what do i take to the post office? wont i have to fill a tax form in first? do i get that from the post office? and do i just take v5 and insurance cover note and mot certificate?

If it's a 57 plate the earliest it could have been registered is Sept 1st 2007, so won't need an MOT til at least then :thumbsup:

Also £8100 is a lot - parkers.co.uk/car…=85

Original Poster

transit;7951766

OP, wont it feel strange getting jiggy on the same back seat as your bro … OP, wont it feel strange getting jiggy on the same back seat as your bro did?:?

thanks for that! although i doubt they have, theyre getting a bit old for that :whistling:
DLM;7952059

youve lived a sheltered life :-D

Banned

Tintern1981;7952948

If it's a 57 plate the earliest it could have been registered is Sept 1st … If it's a 57 plate the earliest it could have been registered is Sept 1st 2007, so won't need an MOT til at least then :thumbsup:Also £8100 is a lot - http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/used-prices/Valuation.aspx?deriv=32683&plate=85

doesnt have 30,000 miles on the clock tho......only 10:thumbsup:

Banned

donna-lou;7960976

youve lived a sheltered life :-D

I definitely haven't.

I have probably done it everywhere else :oops:

DLM;7961360

I definitely haven't.I have probably done it everywhere else :oops:

Pics or youre lying

donna-lou;7960976

thanks for that! although i doubt they have, theyre getting a bit old for … thanks for that! although i doubt they have, theyre getting a bit old for that :whistling:

Sorry thought you'd be out cruising in the new wheels :oops:

Original Poster

transit;7968957

Sorry thought you'd be out cruising in the new wheels :oops:

not yet. getting it tomorrow :-D
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767218
    2. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie1012
    3. Do you have one of these 2.1 million 50p's selling for 20x its value?917
    4. love affairs912

See more discussions