Woops... Cooked a frozen chicken....

44 replies
Found 16th Jun 2010
I have just microwaved 2 frozen chicken breasts for 7.5 mins but forgot to put the setting on defrost (I'm blaming Call Of Duty) and It has part cooked it.

Is it still useable? Can I cover it in sweet chilli sauce and bake it in the oven as I had planned?
Or bin it?

Thanks people!

44 Comments

i think it wil be fine prob just defrosted it quicker go for it :thumbsup:

Banned

should be ok if you bake it long enough, might be a bit rubbery

as long as it ends up thoroughly cooked i don't think it matters too much how it gets there:thumbsup: i make the same mistake regularly and it's never done me any harm

Banned

what happened to the rest of the chicken ? you just a breast man.........no leg or thigh??

goldmax;8852665

might be a bit rubbery

Aaaahhh! Fank yo!

Old 'uns are always the best

Original Poster

goldmax;8852676

what happened to the rest of the chicken ? you just a breast … what happened to the rest of the chicken ? you just a breast man.........no leg or thigh??

I have the breasts....

Original Poster

Little Munchkin;8852671

as long as it ends up thoroughly cooked i don't think it matters too much … as long as it ends up thoroughly cooked i don't think it matters too much how it gets there:thumbsup: i make the same mistake regularly and it's never done me any harm

Thats good to know, thanks!!!

You're not supposed to defrost chicken any way other than at room temperature, gives you increased chance of getting salmonella from it.

hypnoticstate;8852714

You're not supposed to defrost chicken any way other than at room … You're not supposed to defrost chicken any way other than at room temperature, gives you increased chance of getting salmonella from it.

In a fridge actually..... room temp is getting on for the ideal temp for bacteria to multiply

it will be fine,big fuss about nothing

sancho1983;8852727

In a fridge actually..... room temp is the ideal temp for bacteria to … In a fridge actually..... room temp is the ideal temp for bacteria to multiply

+1

Original Poster

hypnoticstate;8852714

You're not supposed to defrost chicken any way other than at room … You're not supposed to defrost chicken any way other than at room temperature, gives you increased chance of getting salmonella from it.

Apparently defrost chicken at room temperature is a big NO NO as thats when bacteria grows quicker.

Cook the life out of it and you'll be fine.

To be safe, microwave it again and put the microwave in a pre-heated oven.

Super nuke it. :P

you've had a KFC then. Though that said, do they know what chickens are ?

Cover the breasts in cream, let them marinade a little, then lick it all off. :thumbsup:

Have you never seen frozen chicken nuggets and the like.
They all recommend cooking from frozen.
No big problem as long as it is fully cooked as this will kill any bacteria that may be there.

Banned

is it still alive?

Jumpingphil;8853061

Have you never seen frozen chicken nuggets and the like.They all … Have you never seen frozen chicken nuggets and the like.They all recommend cooking from frozen.No big problem as long as it is fully cooked as this will kill any bacteria that may be there.

Chicken nuggets and the like are all pre-cooked.

It'll be fine. And I ALWAYS defrost all meat at room temperature and have never ever got ill.

Banned

Chuck it out, not worth the risk. You'll only end up with the 'runs' anyhow as your mind will play tricks regardless. Every bite you take you'll not be able to enjoy for thinking about possible contamination.

Banned

i reckon its probably been eaten by now.......:lol:

Banned

Let's hope the OP returns :thumbsup:

Little Munchkin;8852671

as long as it ends up thoroughly cooked i don't think it matters too much … as long as it ends up thoroughly cooked i don't think it matters too much how it gets there:thumbsup: i make the same mistake regularly and it's never done me any harm

buckk baaarkk (that was my attempt of a chicken noise) :oops:

hypnoticstate;8852714

really bad advice - never defrost any meat at room temperature. A perfect breeding ground for germs. Only safe way is in the fridge or under cold running water.

Banned

TUSSFC;8853090

Chicken nuggets and the like are all pre-cooked.It'll be fine. And I … Chicken nuggets and the like are all pre-cooked.It'll be fine. And I ALWAYS defrost all meat at room temperature and have never ever got ill.

you make it sound like chicken nuggets are fine to eat once defrosted........:thinking:

Banned

aScottishBloke;8853233

Let's hope the OP returns :thumbsup:

Still waiting on the OP returning. Tell me it's nothing to do with the chicken

OMG lol, no posts from when the thread was made.

If I ever want to eat something that is frozen, it's normally in a plastic bag, I just stick it in some water, then 5 minutes later replace it with hotter water and wait a bit, normally 20 minutes, and once it's all drained, I cook it.

And I've never had any food poisoning in my life, and from what I do with raw foods, eggs etc, I should be ill every week.

Wotwot123;8911388

OMG lol, no posts from when the thread was made. :)If I ever want to eat … OMG lol, no posts from when the thread was made. :)If I ever want to eat something that is frozen, it's normally in a plastic bag, I just stick it in some water

^^^^^^^ This, although the frozen chicken breats I get from asda say you can cook for frozen

Banned

Wotwot123;8911388

OMG lol, no posts from when the thread was made. :)If I ever want to eat … OMG lol, no posts from when the thread was made. :)If I ever want to eat something that is frozen, it's normally in a plastic bag, I just stick it in some water, then 5 minutes later replace it with hotter water and wait a bit, normally 20 minutes, and once it's all drained, I cook it.And I've never had any food poisoning in my life, and from what I do with raw foods, eggs etc, I should be ill every week.

once you;ve had food poisoning, you'll never be so foolhardy again I can tell you.

csiman;8911514

once you;ve had food poisoning, you'll never be so foolhardy again I can … once you;ve had food poisoning, you'll never be so foolhardy again I can tell you.

+ 100

It's not a fun time at all

csiman;8911514

once you;ve had food poisoning, you'll never be so foolhardy again I can … once you;ve had food poisoning, you'll never be so foolhardy again I can tell you.

Apart from being ill from tap water in Egypt, It'll never happen from my own hand I can promise you that.

Raw chicken, raw meat, raw eggs, frozen food cooked in minutes, heated up everything you're not suppose to after a first or second cooking, I could go on all day about things I've done, how about challenge me to eating something and I'll update you? (not joking either btw).

People always seem to get funny when i reheat chicken..

vengod;8914567

People always seem to get funny when i reheat chicken..

How about Chinese Food?

Banned

This is like that time i ate mouldy bread

Wotwot123;8914649

How about Chinese Food?

Yeh no bother with that.

Once reheated a seafood pizza (was drunk and never realised it was a seafood pizza as i asked for a meat feast and never checked)

anyhoo...wont reheat that agan,

Banned

natversion1;8914316

+ 100 It's not a fun time at all

+200 I had it when I was 8 and still remember it now. Bad times

Banned

shedboy66;8852658

i think it wil be fine prob just defrosted it quicker go for it :thumbsup:

goldmax;8852665

should be ok if you bake it long enough, might be a bit rubbery

boothy;8852738

it will be fine,big fuss about nothing

aScottishBloke;8911360

Still waiting on the OP returning. Tell me it's nothing to do with the … Still waiting on the OP returning. Tell me it's nothing to do with the chicken

OP,

Give us a shout when you return, meanwhile I'm asking the 3 others above to organise a whip round :thumbsup:

teraomi;8852932

To be safe, microwave it again and put the microwave in a pre-heated … To be safe, microwave it again and put the microwave in a pre-heated oven. Super nuke it. :P

Lol..well funny!:thumbsup:

Wotwot123;8911388

OMG lol, no posts from when the thread was made. :)If I ever want to eat … OMG lol, no posts from when the thread was made. :)If I ever want to eat something that is frozen, it's normally in a plastic bag, I just stick it in some water, then 5 minutes later replace it with hotter water and wait a bit, normally 20 minutes, and once it's all drained, I cook it.And I've never had any food poisoning in my life, and from what I do with raw foods, eggs etc, I should be ill every week.

yes.

Banned

OP,

You've still not returned. Do get in touch if you can (_;)
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247606
    2. Happy Bandi Chorr Diwas and Happy Diwali!1113
    3. So Flubit is still terrible. What happened?!1113
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769326

See more discussions