Worcester Bosch Greenstar Combi boiler

Found 2nd May 2015
We recently had a new Worcester Bosch combi boiler installed. Question is on the control panel for the central heating temperature there's an 'e' symbol and according to the manual they say it's the optimal setting for the heating but according to the digital display when it's running it says the temp is around 60 degrees. Does any else use that setting or reduce there's lower???
Community Updates
8 Comments
i have it on that
Its just an e, they put it there so customers have somewhere to point the dial. Run it at the lowest temp that still heats the house comfortably.
8 years on e for us
The temp on the boiler is the temperature of the water going in to the rads. The temperature at the thermostat will be the room temperature. The average temp for water into the rads is ideally to be 55-60 degrees in efficiency mode. So everything looks OK. Don't confuse the temp at the boiler to room temp, two different things.
Edited by: "kash2013" 2nd May 2015
kash2013

The temp on the boiler is the temperature of the water going in to the … The temp on the boiler is the temperature of the water going in to the rads. The temperature at the thermostat will be the room temperature. The average temp for water into the rads is ideally to be 55-60 degrees in efficiency mode. So everything looks OK. Don't confuse the temp at the boiler to room temp, two different things.

I did know what your saying as in boiler temp and room temp. Just wondered if the 'e' setting was efficient as they say or would it be better to lower it?
My Bosch boiler says you should set rad temp to max and let rad valves do their job. That way boiler works in the more efficient condensing range for longer.
agreed, boiler to highest temp heats up rads quickest as rad temps set individually in various rooms quick to get warm and shut off sooner
999kernow

agreed, boiler to highest temp heats up rads quickest as rad temps set … agreed, boiler to highest temp heats up rads quickest as rad temps set individually in various rooms quick to get warm and shut off sooner

If u check out Google about efficient working temp for condensing boiler u will see running it at 55 or below keeps the boiler running longer in condensing mode. Which would make it more efficient.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants