Groups

WORD PLAY-you wont get all these so quickly!!

1. What word can go after "open" and before "seed" to give two new phrases?
    2. What is the only anagram of the word "stationed"?
    3. Which word is the longest that can be typed using only the top row of letters on a typewriter?
    4. What do the words "canopy", "deft", "laughing", "stupid" and "hijack" have in common?
    5. What is the only word in the English language, that when capitalised looks the same from the front, back, above and below?
    6. Which four letter word can go after "Po" or before "Ular" to produce two new words?
    7. Which word is the longest that can be typed using only the right half of a typewriter?
    8. Which three letter, one syllable word becomes a three syllable word when you add the letter "a" on the end?
    9. Which word can come before "station" and after "room" to give two new phrases?
    10. What is the only word in the English language that has three consecutive sets of double letters?

15 Comments

omg hwere do you get these from i cant get any right boooooo hooooooo

Original Poster

mostwanteddirect;2168810

omg hwere do you get these from i cant get any right boooooo hooooooo

people are getting my quiz questions straight away so I thought I would make this one much harder, too many clever souls around so this could stump them:thumbsup:

1. Sesame!

2. Antidotes

3. Typewriter

4. 3 letters in each word are in the consecutive order you would find them in the alphabet. nop, def etc...

7. Lollipop

10. Bookkeeping! (come across this one before)

Original Poster

melu;2169054

1. Sesame!2. Antidotes3. Typewriter4. 3 letters in each word are in the … 1. Sesame!2. Antidotes3. Typewriter4. 3 letters in each word are in the consecutive order you would find them in the alphabet. nop, def etc...5.6.7. Lollipop8.9.10. Bookkeeping! (come across this one before)

Clever clogs!

Can't do the others without cheating! The ones I do know I have come across before except for stationed which I had to write down to work out!.

Stumped on the others tho!

8. Which three letter, one syllable word becomes a three syllable word when you add the letter "a" on the end?

Are

Original Poster

barneydog;2169095

8. Which three letter, one syllable word becomes a three syllable word … 8. Which three letter, one syllable word becomes a three syllable word when you add the letter "a" on the end?Are

aye:thumbsup:

6. Which four letter word can go after "Po" or before "Ular" to produce two new words?

Gram

Original Poster

barneydog;2169154

6. Which four letter word can go after "Po" or before "Ular" to produce … 6. Which four letter word can go after "Po" or before "Ular" to produce two new words?Gram

no, pogram is not a word:whistling:

barneydog;2169154

6. Which four letter word can go after "Po" or before "Ular" to produce … 6. Which four letter word can go after "Po" or before "Ular" to produce two new words?Gram

LOL Pogram and Gramular? In which language?

9. Service!!! Yes get in!!!

Original Poster

only 5&6 left to go

skusey;2169156

no, pogram is not a word:whistling:

You're right :oops:

I confused it with pogrom

Original Poster

1. What word can go after "open" and before "seed" to give two new phrases?
    Sesame
    2. What is the only anagram of the word "stationed"?
    Antidotes
    3. Which word is the longest that can be typed using only the top row of letters on a typewriter?
    Typewriter
    4. What do the words "canopy", "deft", "laughing", "stupid" and "hijack" have in common?
    The all have three consecutive letters which appear consecutively in the alphabet.
    5. What is the only word in the English language, that when capitalised looks the same from the front, back, above and below?
    NOON
    Sing
    7. Which word is the longest that can be typed using only the right half of a typewriter?
    Lollipop
    Are (becomes Area)
    9. Which word can come before "station" and after "room" to give two new phrases?
    Service
    10. What is the only word in the English language that has three consecutive sets of double letters?
    Bookkeeper (or Bookkeeping)

Good Quiz!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. One thing you've forgotten56
      2. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread424814504
      3. One for the mathmaticians2847
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767462

See more discussions