Words cannot describe it.

Found 30th Aug 2017
"Little boy told he can't take part in Disneyland Paris 'princess for a day' experience because he's a boy"

Noah's mother Hayley McLean-Glass, said she was devastated when she tried to make a booking only to receive an email saying "at this time it is not possible to book princess for a day for a boy".

She will be more devastated in 13 years time when the kid grows up & still cannot get over the embarrassment of being on national tv.

itv.com/new…oy/
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
I don't care if I get shot down here but this type of thing is just wrong. What parent dresses their 3 year old boy as a princess? He has been taught this, it is purely her doing. An older child/ adult can make this choice but should never be brainwashed into them.

His whole upbringing is clearly going to consist of his mum's wishes. Which will ultimately influence this child's whole life. You can almost guarantee there is no dad in his life.

In my opinion this is as much child abuse as hitting the poor boy.

This is my opinion and fully appreciate anyone who disagrees with me, but this is shocking.
MSK.3 h, 48 m ago

I'd be more surprised about there being little girls or little boys who …I'd be more surprised about there being little girls or little boys who hadn't tried on clothes of the opposite gender. They're still learning about everything.

My youngest was forever in the dressing up corner at nursery - to the point that we'd be surprised if he ever ventured out to do a painting or make anything to bring home. He'd wear absolutely anything. He's 10 now, and is well balanced, considerate and caring, and full of confidence. Whilst I'm sure that's nothing to do with him putting a dress on at 3 years old, it certainly hasn't done him any damage.

If boys want to be princesses, or girls want to be truck drivers, let them. Don't try to steer them in any direction, or indeed away from any direction, just to suit what you believe to be acceptable in society, or what you yourself want them to be.

Let them be who they want to be - they'll be a lot happier for it.
Does it matter though, what shocked me is Disney turning away good money. Walt Disney must be turning in his grave
Pretty sure if I had enough money and turned up with a dead pig in a tutu they would give it the whole tour and breakfast with the anthromorphic freaks.
Edited by: "kester76" 30th Aug 2017
125 Comments
I think those words described it fine.
"An isolated incident, the cast member’s response is not reflective of any policy or belief held here at Disneyland Paris. We are going to ensure this does not happen again."

Nice free holiday then?
Why can't boys be boys and girls be girls.
Or... Woman sees an opportunity to get some publicity for herself and her beliefs by publicly shaming Disney.
daletharper17 m ago

Why can't boys be boys and girls be girls.

They can, the story is about a boy that wants to be a girl (for a day at least)?
I don't care if I get shot down here but this type of thing is just wrong. What parent dresses their 3 year old boy as a princess? He has been taught this, it is purely her doing. An older child/ adult can make this choice but should never be brainwashed into them.

His whole upbringing is clearly going to consist of his mum's wishes. Which will ultimately influence this child's whole life. You can almost guarantee there is no dad in his life.

In my opinion this is as much child abuse as hitting the poor boy.

This is my opinion and fully appreciate anyone who disagrees with me, but this is shocking.
Wow just wow the levels people go to, it's obvious what the response would be, what was she expecting.

"She will be more devastated in 13 years time when the kid grows up & still cannot get over the embarrassment of being on national tv."

Lol true probably even get bullied for it forget outside people, by his own siblings or relatives who grow up with him and I'm sure the mother will tell the story to everyone
PTibbets1 m ago

Whilst I agree with most of your points....I am very sad to say (according …Whilst I agree with most of your points....I am very sad to say (according to facebook) there is a dad on the scene & another 2 kids..

All I can say to that is WOW!
PTibbets10 m ago

No mate. The story is about one fkd up mother.

I kind of agree. She has a blog called sparkles and stretchmarks.
Mixed feelings though.
JohnnyRoller12 m ago

I don't care if I get shot down here but this type of thing is just wrong. …I don't care if I get shot down here but this type of thing is just wrong. What parent dresses their 3 year old boy as a princess? He has been taught this, it is purely her doing. An older child/ adult can make this choice but should never be brainwashed into them. His whole upbringing is clearly going to consist of his mum's wishes. Which will ultimately influence this child's whole life. You can almost guarantee there is no dad in his life. In my opinion this is as much child abuse as hitting the poor boy.This is my opinion and fully appreciate anyone who disagrees with me, but this is shocking.

I'd be more surprised about there being little girls or little boys who hadn't tried on clothes of the opposite gender. They're still learning about everything.
Let kids do what they like and don't pigeon hole them. My brother played with a tea set and had dresses he didn't grow up to be gay, i played with toy cars and didn't wear dresses i didn't grow up to be gay either.

In this day and age why does anyone care? Only reason I'd be bothered is about the prospects of grandkids but theres plenty of gay couples getting help to make parenting possible.
This isn't about letting a child do what they want. Everything at that age is taught, if a child finds some high heel shoes or a dress and puts them on then that's fine (laugh, take a picture for the album and forget about it). This is taught and influenced by the parent/s which is not right.
JohnnyRoller26 m ago

I don't care if I get shot down here but this type of thing is just wrong. …I don't care if I get shot down here but this type of thing is just wrong. What parent dresses their 3 year old boy as a princess? He has been taught this, it is purely her doing. An older child/ adult can make this choice but should never be brainwashed into them. His whole upbringing is clearly going to consist of his mum's wishes. Which will ultimately influence this child's whole life. You can almost guarantee there is no dad in his life. In my opinion this is as much child abuse as hitting the poor boy.This is my opinion and fully appreciate anyone who disagrees with me, but this is shocking.

Aren't all gender roles "brainwashed" into children? It just so happens that there are certain gender roles that people are happy to be brainwashed into kids and some they aren't happy with.
PTibbets22 m ago

Its called parenting skills & the mother just failed bigtime.

Forced conformity isnt parenting skills is social engineering and if you look into the psychological differences between boys and girls you'd understand how stupid your comments are.

Boys and girls are the same mentally, the brain develops well into the teenage years and is molded by social engineering, people from countries who do not have the strict gender divide we do on behavioural expectations do not show the differences we do during cognitive testing, they are very much more on a level playing field and those findings are backed up by MRI scans of their brains.
Edited by: "Segata-Sanshiro" 30th Aug 2017
I SEE SNOWFLAKES, SNOWFLAKE EVERYWHERE!

'My daughter is 7 and she wants to be a 48 year old truck driver with a drink problem and mortgage worries' How dare you tell her no, she can be anything she wants to be, how dare you repress her right to be what she wants to be whaaaa. Wont be that when the daughter gets done for drink driving a 40 tonne truck down the M1
CoeK4 m ago

Aren't all gender roles "brainwashed" into children? It just so happens …Aren't all gender roles "brainwashed" into children? It just so happens that there are certain gender roles that people are happy to be brainwashed into kids and some they aren't happy with.

Exactly, as the mother says if it was a girl wanting to be a pirate or Spiderman she would be allowed but OMG dont let a boy wear a dress he will be turned gay

CoeK4 m ago

Aren't all gender roles "brainwashed" into children? It just so happens …Aren't all gender roles "brainwashed" into children? It just so happens that there are certain gender roles that people are happy to be brainwashed into kids and some they aren't happy with.

The definition of the word princess explains why a boy wasn't allowed to participate. Dressing a boy "everyday" as a princess is just wrong.
JohnnyRoller46 s ago

The definition of the word princess explains why a boy wasn't allowed to …The definition of the word princess explains why a boy wasn't allowed to participate. Dressing a boy "everyday" as a princess is just wrong.

According to you it is wrong. Not everyone feels the same obviously.
CoeK5 m ago

Born with a sticky outer you're a male

Born with a sticky inner you're a female

Gender specific roles are often based on Nature/Nurture roles that our ancestors had based on physical strength.

Miles136 for example is an old gentleman's fluffer, he can fluff like no other.
Graham19794 m ago

I SEE SNOWFLAKES, SNOWFLAKE EVERYWHERE!'My daughter is 7 and she wants to …I SEE SNOWFLAKES, SNOWFLAKE EVERYWHERE!'My daughter is 7 and she wants to be a 48 year old truck driver with a drink problem and mortgage worries' How dare you tell her no, she can be anything she wants to be, how dare you repress her right to be what she wants to be whaaaa. Wont be that when the daughter gets done for drink driving a 40 tonne truck down the M1

I was just think to myself "I wish Graham was here, he would have a sensible reasoned response" and here you are. Magic.
Graham19792 m ago

Born with a sticky outer you're a maleBorn with a sticky inner you're a …Born with a sticky outer you're a maleBorn with a sticky inner you're a femaleGender specific roles are often based on Nature/Nurture roles that our ancestors had based on physical strength.Miles136 for example is an old gentleman's fluffer, he can fluff like no other.

I'm not really sure what belly buttons have to do with gender.
PTibbets20 m ago

Yep but that is just a giggle or not to have between family at a later …Yep but that is just a giggle or not to have between family at a later date. This is full on prime TV never gonna be forgotten stuff

No argument from me about that part. His mother is quite clearly a void of a human being.
So in a world where women are being sexually abused and female only carriages are being suggested we think it's correct to send a boy to be a princess for a day and he is encouraged to wear princess dresses at home.
Usually when children want to do something the adults usually step in and advise the child on what's correct. What next.. Child refused tattoo..

I wonder if I take my mum with me to the gym they will let me go in the female changing room.. If I have to be under 12 is that also not age discrimination...

telegraph.co.uk/new…rt/
Edited by: "Dawsy" 30th Aug 2017
deleted1315437
Erubadhron8 m ago

What exactly do you have to smoke to think the way that you do, you …What exactly do you have to smoke to think the way that you do, you rambling imbecile?

Armchair experts.
Erubadhron43 m ago

What exactly do you have to smoke to think the way that you do, you …What exactly do you have to smoke to think the way that you do, you rambling imbecile?

A lot of crack probably.
Does it matter though, what shocked me is Disney turning away good money. Walt Disney must be turning in his grave
Pretty sure if I had enough money and turned up with a dead pig in a tutu they would give it the whole tour and breakfast with the anthromorphic freaks.
Edited by: "kester76" 30th Aug 2017
the child should be in care, oh wait that's another story

Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells
Right, now do one, you stupid woman. You've had your 15 minutes.
JohnnyRoller3 h, 48 m ago

It's about what the boy wants and enjoys, not what his mother tells him he should like.

It is as far removed from child abuse as you can get.

The mother does rather play up to the camera too much in the interview but get between a woman and her child and they will often do anything for them, regardless of how they are seen.

It's non story now really because the article has shamed Disney, who have had to back down and disguise it as an isolated incident.

The little boy princess will go to the ball.

Societies (or at least those who seem to want to push every aspect of change down our throats) and the Governments and Businesses that are all too willing to follow, have to accept that they have a duty to back up any policy that they essentially sign up for.

In some ways this is a good example of somebody simply standing up and making others put their money where their mouths are.

Prejudice being practised in the supposed name of something good is being driven through our society like a knife and will end up creating more divisions from the exercise of control.

All is well that ends well in this case though and you may well get your wish that as the boy grows her may turn to more boyish pursuits such as loving guns, violence and looking up the girls skirts.
Graham19791 h, 31 m ago

Jesus wept his mother now has MSK claw marks right across her face. Wow …Jesus wept his mother now has MSK claw marks right across her face. Wow MSK you get sexy when mad. Go s*it on her garden you nasty pussy!

Won't let you be Elsa?
Let it go.....
MSK.3 h, 48 m ago

I'd be more surprised about there being little girls or little boys who …I'd be more surprised about there being little girls or little boys who hadn't tried on clothes of the opposite gender. They're still learning about everything.

My youngest was forever in the dressing up corner at nursery - to the point that we'd be surprised if he ever ventured out to do a painting or make anything to bring home. He'd wear absolutely anything. He's 10 now, and is well balanced, considerate and caring, and full of confidence. Whilst I'm sure that's nothing to do with him putting a dress on at 3 years old, it certainly hasn't done him any damage.

If boys want to be princesses, or girls want to be truck drivers, let them. Don't try to steer them in any direction, or indeed away from any direction, just to suit what you believe to be acceptable in society, or what you yourself want them to be.

Let them be who they want to be - they'll be a lot happier for it.
Most people here seem to have assumed that the mother has forced her son into liking dresses etc but was that made explicitly clear?
Why shouldn't he like to dress up as a princess?
Makes a change from all the children who are FORCED to behave in a certain way because of gender stereotypes.
This can be subtle or otherwise.
Let your freak flag fly high little one.

31853277-tOrmb.jpg
Edited by: "Agharta" 31st Aug 2017
JohnnyRoller4 h, 39 m ago

You can almost guarantee there is no dad in his life.

Not always the case... unfortunately... Watch from 2:17 and tell me serious alarm bells don't ring

reddit52 m ago

you may well get your wish that as the boy grows her may turn to more …you may well get your wish that as the boy grows her may turn to more boyish pursuits such as loving guns, violence and looking up the girls skirts.

31853361-z4UN4.jpg
Rubisco10 m ago

Not always the case... unfortunately... Watch from 2:17 and tell me …Not always the case... unfortunately... Watch from 2:17 and tell me serious alarm bells don't ring [Video]

Rubisco10 m ago

Not always the case... unfortunately... Watch from 2:17 and tell me …Not always the case... unfortunately... Watch from 2:17 and tell me serious alarm bells don't ring [Video]

31853379-NkOlq.jpg
miikeyblue1 h, 6 m ago

My youngest was forever in the dressing up corner at nursery - to the …My youngest was forever in the dressing up corner at nursery - to the point that we'd be surprised if he ever ventured out to do a painting or make anything to bring home. He'd wear absolutely anything. He's 10 now, and is well balanced, considerate and caring, and full of confidence. Whilst I'm sure that's nothing to do with him putting a dress on at 3 years old, it certainly hasn't done him any damage.If boys want to be princesses, or girls want to be truck drivers, let them. Don't try to steer them in any direction, or indeed away from any direction, just to suit what you believe to be acceptable in society, or what you yourself want them to be. Let them be who they want to be - they'll be a lot happier for it.

I think I agree. One's gender should not define a person. One should do what they enjoy regardless.

Good for your son
deeky2 h, 38 m ago

Right, now do one, you stupid woman. You've had your 15 minutes.

Are you missing princess23?
miikeyblue8 h, 58 m ago

My youngest was forever in the dressing up corner at nursery - to the …My youngest was forever in the dressing up corner at nursery - to the point that we'd be surprised if he ever ventured out to do a painting or make anything to bring home. He'd wear absolutely anything. He's 10 now, and is well balanced, considerate and caring, and full of confidence. Whilst I'm sure that's nothing to do with him putting a dress on at 3 years old, it certainly hasn't done him any damage.If boys want to be princesses, or girls want to be truck drivers, let them. Don't try to steer them in any direction, or indeed away from any direction, just to suit what you believe to be acceptable in society, or what you yourself want them to be. Let them be who they want to be - they'll be a lot happier for it.

Yeah its a 3 year old, I'm shocked at the backwards attitudes displayed here, well not really those attitudes just the lack of comments fighting against such prejudices.

It really does seem to me that a lot of people on here are stuck in a backwards mindset of fear of gays and thinking giving kids the "wrong" toys and clothing will make them gay. Its mad, if its not about that then I don't know what the objection is.

I remember some parents thinking i was a long haired boy when i was a kid and I remember the day nursery place, the 1 o clock club in ravenscourt park, i detested that place, the building was split along gender lines with a line on the carpet, the girls side had a wooden kitchen with an ironing board, washing machine and everything, it also had a babbies bedroom bit with horrible dolls (i couldn't stand dolls that looked like people they literally turned my stomach and i was known to run away screaming from the freaky things).

The boys bit had a water table, duplo tables, crayons and a car mat city thing, i loved cars and lego thats what i had at home. Every day I'd try to play on the good side when no one was looking every day I'd get endlessly dumped back on the housewife training side, I'd just sit in the corner in the end and wait. Then my mother would arrive to take her angry little horror home as i most certainly did vent my spleen.

Strangely tho i never actually told her why i hated it until i was much older, apparently parents were not allowed in the building so she had no idea they was doing that.

Why do people want to ruin kids childhood by forcing them to play with things they dont want to, its all about the adults stigma, children dont have that, they get it drummed into them. That kid loves frozen and wants to dress as the heroin from the film whats wrong with that? Nothing its no different to wearing a batman outfit.

My son had a play kitchen and a tea set and he wanted a pram for his cuddly toys but i couldn't find one that wasn't pink, he wouldn't have pink, he'd really want something but if it was pink he'd get upset and say thats not for me, took ages trying to find a none pink kitchen and none pink tea set it really did upset him seeing things he wanted but feeling unable to have one and i can only assume at that point it was the TV kids channels convincing him he couldn't have pink things
JohnnyRoller13 h, 9 m ago

A ill thought out comment, my son doesn't like men now, he has problems with the male teachers at school, wont set foot near the school counselor because he's male, he doesn't trust men now thanks to his father.

Maybe you should get your priorities in order a 3 year old wearing a dress is not an act of abuse grow up
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants