Work and doctor communication

Found 27th Mar 2008
Can someone please tell me what the laws are with the work HR department calling a doctor directly to find out about the condition of the patient ?

Thanks

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
6 Comments

You would have to give permission to your doctors surgery to disclose any information to a third party. If no permission is given, it is a blatant breach of the Data Protection Act.

The company I work for overide GP sick certificates by sending you for a company medical!!!

Banned

donnydude;1788755

You would have to give permission to your doctors surgery to disclose any … You would have to give permission to your doctors surgery to disclose any information to a third party. If no permission is given, it is a blatant breach of the Data Protection Act.

unless he signed a disclosure in his contract for the job :thinking: like when you apply for life insurance.

Original Poster

Thanks guys.
No rights have been given to work to find out confidential doctors information about me by direct communication. The doctor is not giving out any information.

However, I feel that HR even "trying" to obtain information is not allowed. Well, anything more than the integrity of the issue.

You would have to give permission to your Company to disclose any information they have to pay for a medical report first

Original Poster

thanks all.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet11
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769434
    3. I thought the 'Dementia tax' had gone for good,apparently not.46
    4. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…18226641

See more discussions