Work from home: office chair recommendation

Posted 29th Apr
Hello.
Company informed us we might work from home for a while, so i'm looking for an office chair.
Budget would be around £80. I'm 1.7m tall, use my dining table, on carpet.
Are Ikea's Flintan (£70) or Torkel any good?
Any recommendation?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

8 Comments
It's worth asking if your company will loan you a chair from the office as a lot of places are taking that approach.

Personally speaking I bought mine from Staples a few years ago after checking a few places. You want one that is adjustable on a few axles and decide whether you want arms. I really dislike chairs with arms personally so bought a chair where they could be removed.
Edited by: "darlodge" 29th Apr
I've been working from home (8 weeks now) and now looking to get an office chair.

The cusion on the 6 dining table chairs are all flat as I've been rotating them around once a week.
Edited by: "rimalpatel007" 29th Apr
A bit more £ but there was an airon copy posted here the other day from Costco, 99 I think it was

Edit, deals expired so not sure if you'll still find one in store or online
Edited by: "a666andy" 30th Apr
Have a look at the gaming chairs. Pretty comfy IMO
darlodge29/04/2020 23:46

It's worth asking if your company will loan you a chair from the office as …It's worth asking if your company will loan you a chair from the office as a lot of places are taking that approach.Personally speaking I bought mine from Staples a few years ago after checking a few places. You want one that is adjustable on a few axles and decide whether you want arms. I really dislike chairs with arms personally so bought a chair where they could be removed.

We were in rented offices, so couldn't take any chairs.
I'll have a look at Staples, forgot about it.
I use this one while I was in ther Office and at home playing games. Now im working from home, its worked out very well.

Its V confotable and with a high back (being a bigger guy) can actually rest my head on top

ikea.com/gb/…52/
We've got the Flintan. Bought 2 years ago via Gumtree, was in exc. condition and very cheap. It's a great office chair. I'm looking at a Steelcase second hand as too many of us now WFH, and there are not enough chairs to go round.
Monaco.Blue30/04/2020 08:11

We've got the Flintan. Bought 2 years ago via Gumtree, was in exc. …We've got the Flintan. Bought 2 years ago via Gumtree, was in exc. condition and very cheap. It's a great office chair. I'm looking at a Steelcase second hand as too many of us now WFH, and there are not enough chairs to go round.

Just spoke to my son who has used it 9.5 hours daily over the last 5 weeks. He said the arms have gone wobbly (apparently a while ago) and sitting at it daily shows up the very poor back support. He's 5'9". He's unimpressed and he's the one who selected it initially. He raved so much about it prior and at the time he got it and I presumed he still loved it! Apologies.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions