Work & Gaming laptop

Posted 19th Apr
Looking for a laptop around £1000 for gaming away from home and doing my computer science course in September. Any good deals?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

4 Comments
The Lenovo Legion Y540 is a great gaming laptop that also doesn't scream 'gamer', you can check out this expired deal for comments on it, but it's actually available for £890 through this link, entering code EXCLUSIVENJ! on entry and newsletter signup code at checkout.. The only difference is this one comes with a 60Hz screen, not 144Hz.
Better off getting a acer helios 300 with the i7 9750h, I'd personally spend a little more and get a gigabyte areo 15 or a asus g14 with a 1660ti minimum.
Maybe see if any deals come up before Sept. When the 2xxx came out there were some great deals on 1070 and 1080 laptops at prices you now pay for a 1660, current gen is awful value.

Just avoid anything with a TN panel, expect naff battery life (unless you go for an alienware, razor, surface book 2 / spectre x360 1050, heavy and noisy
m3racer12319/04/2020 12:09

The Lenovo Legion Y540 is a great gaming laptop that also doesn't scream …The Lenovo Legion Y540 is a great gaming laptop that also doesn't scream 'gamer', you can check out this expired deal for comments on it, but it's actually available for £890 through this link, entering code EXCLUSIVENJ! on entry and newsletter signup code at checkout.. The only difference is this one comes with a 60Hz screen, not 144Hz.

Thanks I think I'm looking for 144hz though barely missed the Currys deal was in my basket when it sold out. Might aim for student discount on something off dell outlet. Just missed this too uk.webuy.com/pro…0-b
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions