Expired

work holidays

Found 6th Dec 2017
if someone work 2.5 hours a day

five days a week

How much holiday hours/ days allowed, legal requirements.

i no you take away 8 days for bank holidays
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
29 days holiday for working 2.5 hours a day... yeah good luck with that
48 Comments
32661606-RYJOY.jpgRound about 28/29 days I think
Edited by: "andybriggs03" 6th Dec 2017
Original Poster
andybriggs0310 m ago

[Image] Round about 28/29 days I think

thats wat i thought, of course part time, take away 8 for bank holidays is 20 days but on contact even tho it says it uses pro rota system and are contracted hours, it says on contract ten days
Not sure if that's right, remember they're only working 2.5 hours per day.
according to Gov.uk if it's based on hours worked they're entitled to 14 hours.
If holiday is based on the number of days worked per week then it would be 28.
Depends what their contract states.
op, you add on the bank holidays not take them off
28 days. What do I win? Sometimes 28+ for state occasion, royal funeral/wedding etc
Original Poster
Toptrumpet11 m ago

Not sure if that's right, remember they're only working 2.5 hours per …Not sure if that's right, remember they're only working 2.5 hours per day.according to Gov.uk if it's based on hours worked they're entitled to 14 hours.If holiday is based on the number of days worked per week then it would be 28.Depends what their contract states.op, you add on the bank holidays not take them off

i put in 12. 5 hours worked per week and i still get 70 hours holiday, there also said you can't take them off till April as you have to accure them, but i thought u accure them if u just started to work for them, not when you worked there for couple of years and holidays year starts in Jan
Original Poster
Shengis3 m ago

28 days. What do I win? Sometimes 28+ for state occasion, royal …28 days. What do I win? Sometimes 28+ for state occasion, royal funeral/wedding etc

could be wedding soon, lol
Babbabooey28 m ago

28 days at 2.5hrs lol you might understand it
andybriggs039 m ago

28 days at 2.5hrs lol you might understand it

Nope, still don’t. I work 8 hours a day and get 28 days holiday, so why would someone working 2.5 hours a day get the same/more?
Babbabooey8 m ago

Nope, still don’t. I work 8 hours a day and get 28 days holiday, so why w …Nope, still don’t. I work 8 hours a day and get 28 days holiday, so why would someone working 2.5 hours a day get the same/more?

Because they get 28 days at 2.5hrs
You get 28 days x 8 hours so 264 hours a year to take off.

They get 28 days x 2.5 hours so 70 hours a year.

Both allowances are enough for you each to take off 28 full days with no work taking into account how many hours a day you work.
jonmarz891 h, 7 m ago

i put in 12. 5 hours worked per week and i still get 70 hours holiday, …i put in 12. 5 hours worked per week and i still get 70 hours holiday, there also said you can't take them off till April as you have to accure them, but i thought u accure them if u just started to work for them, not when you worked there for couple of years and holidays year starts in Jan

You do start to accure them from the day you start work up to the start of the next holiday start date. It's about 1.5 days per month of employment from your start date not including bank holidays.
Original Poster
Babbabooey48 m ago

Nope, still don’t. I work 8 hours a day and get 28 days holiday, so why w …Nope, still don’t. I work 8 hours a day and get 28 days holiday, so why would someone working 2.5 hours a day get the same/more?

maybe there have more than one job
Most companies let you take days you haven’t accrued but your contract says if you leave partway through the year, any holiday you’ve taken but not accrued yet will be deducted from your final salary.
Babbabooey1 h, 28 m ago

If you work five days a week working 10 hour days you still get the same number of days off compared to someone working an hour a day five days a week. The person working one hour a day taking a week off will obviously only get paid for a normal working week (5 hours), it doesn't suddenly jump up to 45 or 50 hours etc, which must be what you are thinking if you are having trouble understanding it. Just because someone works less per day doesn't mean they shouldn't get the sme time off in days.
Original Poster
MIDURIX1 m ago

If you work five days a week working 10 hour days you still get the same …If you work five days a week working 10 hour days you still get the same number of days off compared to someone working an hour a day five days a week. The person working one hour a day taking a week off will obviously only get paid for a normal working week (5 hours), it doesn't suddenly jump up to 45 or 50 hours etc, which must be what you are thinking if you are having trouble understanding it. Just because someone works less per day doesn't mean they shouldn't get the sme time off in days.

question is, why does my contract say i only get ten days holiday
Babbabooey53 m ago

The amount of days holiday has zero to do with how many hours you work. Days off is related to days worked per week.
jonmarz893 m ago

What is the exact wording? 10 days holiday is two weeks off and you can't be expected to work 50 weeks out of 52 so that can't be right/legal.
Original Poster
MIDURIX4 m ago

The amount of days holiday has zero to do with how many hours you work. …The amount of days holiday has zero to do with how many hours you work. Days off is related to days worked per week.

says holiday worked out pro rota and says then you are entitled to ten days
jonmarz895 m ago

says holiday worked out pro rota and says then you are entitled to ten days

If you calculate pro rata for part time employees you multiplying the number of days worked per week by 5.6. So 5 x 5.6 = 28. Is the ten days what you have earned so far since you started there, or maybe how many you have left after taking some because ten for the year is impossible if you work five days a week.
Original Poster
MIDURIX1 m ago

If you calculate pro rata for part time employees you multiplying the …If you calculate pro rata for part time employees you multiplying the number of days worked per week by 5.6. So 5 x 5.6 = 28. Is the ten days what you have earned so far since you started there, or maybe how many you have left after taking some because ten for the year is impossible if you work five days a week.

i worked for company many years, this is what the contract says when I signed it in 2011
jonmarz898 m ago

i worked for company many years, this is what the contract says when I …i worked for company many years, this is what the contract says when I signed it in 2011

If you were only given 10 days holiday a year you would be payed for 7 hours on each of those days, which makes no sense when you only work 2.5 hours a day normally. So have you only been taking two weeks off a year since 2011?
Original Poster
MIDURIX4 m ago

If you were only given 10 days holiday a year you would be payed for 7 …If you were only given 10 days holiday a year you would be payed for 7 hours on each of those days, which makes no sense when you only work 2.5 hours a day normally. So have you only been taking two weeks off a year since 2011?

when i first started, it was ten hours a week, but that's still 28 days , when i take holidays i get paid normal like I worked them haha, ermm yep, ten days off a year, of course i got Saturday and Sunday off and bank holidays
jonmarz8912 m ago

when i first started, it was ten hours a week, but that's still 28 days

What was ten hours a week? The hours you worked?

It doesn't mater if you work 10 hours, 12.5 hours of 60 hours a week, as long as you work five days a week you are still entitled to 28 days holiday minimum. There are eight bank holidays next year, so if you get them off and are payed for them you would get 18 days holiday next year, but that's still well short of the 28 days you should get and is illegal.
Original Poster
MIDURIX14 m ago

What was ten hours a week? The hours you worked?It doesn't mater if you …What was ten hours a week? The hours you worked?It doesn't mater if you work 10 hours, 12.5 hours of 60 hours a week, as long as you work five days a week you are still entitled to 28 days holiday minimum. There are eight bank holidays next year, so if you get them off and are payed for them you would get 18 days holiday next year, but that's still well short of the 28 days you should get and is illegal.

well yes, it don't sound right, but i feel like i missing something or some loop hole
Original Poster
jonmarz894 m ago

well yes, it don't sound right, but i feel like i missing something or …well yes, it don't sound right, but i feel like i missing something or some loop hole

i hate asking work for holidays,
My wifes holidays are worked out in hours, she works 2 days per week 10 hours in total, it's probably easier to understand than in days holiday.
I work 20 hours a week (2 nights of 10 hours) and my holiday entitlement for 2018/2019 is 137 hours including bank holidays.
Edited by: "hearts22" 7th Dec 2017
jonmarz898 h, 36 m ago

i worked for company many years, this is what the contract says when I …i worked for company many years, this is what the contract says when I signed it in 2011

So it's taken you 6 years to realise your holiday allocation is wrong? What did your employer say when you asked them?
hearts224 h, 27 m ago

I work 20 hours a week (2 nights of 10 hours) and my holiday entitlement …I work 20 hours a week (2 nights of 10 hours) and my holiday entitlement for 2018/2019 is 137 hours including bank holidays.

But how many days of holiday do you have? That's the question here.
MIDURIX2 m ago

But how many days of holiday do you have? That's the question here.

I don't know because my holiday allowance is given to me in hours.
137 hours is roughly 14 nights off for me.
jonmarz8910 h, 40 m ago

You said it yourself - you get 70 hours per year (28 days x your 2.5 hours)...all they’ve done is pro rata this as full days in your contract - so you get 10 days of 7 hours each = 70 hours
Original Poster
bluep26 m ago

You said it yourself - you get 70 hours per year (28 days x your 2.5 …You said it yourself - you get 70 hours per year (28 days x your 2.5 hours)...all they’ve done is pro rata this as full days in your contract - so you get 10 days of 7 hours each = 70 hours

but when i am off on holiday, the pay would just be like i done a day there so 2.5 hours holiday pay it would say and not 7 hours
jonmarz8921 m ago

but when i am off on holiday, the pay would just be like i done a day …but when i am off on holiday, the pay would just be like i done a day there so 2.5 hours holiday pay it would say and not 7 hours

Yes so you take a day off, your total available holiday goes from 70 hours to 67.5 hours and you get paid the same as usual.
bluep48 m ago

You said it yourself - you get 70 hours per year (28 days x your 2.5 …You said it yourself - you get 70 hours per year (28 days x your 2.5 hours)...all they’ve done is pro rata this as full days in your contract - so you get 10 days of 7 hours each = 70 hours

Where does the 7 hours come from? You can't suddenly change the working day for holidays. If I did 1 hour a day 5 days a week I would have 28 days holiday consisting of 28 x 1 hour days. The company can't then say "we want you to take your holiday as two x 14 hour shifts giving you two days off a year" That would be complete madness.
I know someone who works in social care and they get a large amount of hours to take due to working long hours. Even though most shifts are 12 hours long, the company will let them take holidays as just 6 hour days. So you could take twice as money weeks off as normal, but you would only be payed half wages for those weeks of holiday. The company couldn't do the opposite though and say you've got to take holiday days at 24 hours a day meaning you would get half the weeks off.

They can't make you take your 70 hours holiday across 10 days when you normally work 2.5 hours a day. That's illegal.
Original Poster
MIDURIX1 m ago

Where does the 7 hours come from? You can't suddenly change the working …Where does the 7 hours come from? You can't suddenly change the working day for holidays. If I did 1 hour a day 5 days a week I would have 28 days holiday consisting of 28 x 1 hour days. The company can't then say "we want you to take your holiday as two x 14 hour shifts giving you two days off a year" That would be complete madness.I know someone who works in social care and they get a large amount of hours to take due to working long hours. Even though most shifts are 12 hours long, the company will let them take holidays as just 6 hour days. So you could take twice as money weeks off as normal, but you would only be payed half wages for those weeks of holiday. The company couldn't do the opposite though and say you've got to take holiday days at 24 hours a day meaning you would get half the weeks off.They can't make you take your 70 hours holiday across 10 days when you normally work 2.5 hours a day. That's illegal.

but then this website says ten days

teamabsence.com/uk-…tor
The 70 hours is just the annual holiday time bank to use. If you only work 2.5 hours a day then having a day off only uses up 2.5 hours of your holiday time bank.

All they’ve done is be clumsy in how it’s worded in the contract I reakon.
jonmarz894 m ago

but then this website says ten …but then this website says ten dayshttps://teamabsence.com/uk-holiday-allowance-calculator

How are you getting 10 days. I put in you are working 5 days a week and it says 28 days holiday
bluep7 m ago

The 70 hours is just the annual holiday time bank to use. If you only …The 70 hours is just the annual holiday time bank to use. If you only work 2.5 hours a day then having a day off only uses up 2.5 hours of your holiday time bank.All they’ve done is be clumsy in how it’s worded in the contract I reakon.

I asked the question if they physically get two weeks off a year and they said "yes, 10 days off). So working 50 out of 52 weeks.
Original Poster
bluep7 m ago

The 70 hours is just the annual holiday time bank to use. If you only …The 70 hours is just the annual holiday time bank to use. If you only work 2.5 hours a day then having a day off only uses up 2.5 hours of your holiday time bank.All they’ve done is be clumsy in how it’s worded in the contract I reakon.

wat ya. mean says ya holiday entitlement is ten days plus bank holidays

says if you work part time is calculated on a pro rota basis
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants