Groups

Work out this question... What 2 letter word fits in here?

1. Work out what should be at the question mark
    yyyy u r, yyyyy u b, i c u r y+y 4 ?

27 Comments

sorry dint read that far down yet

Original Poster

Right it doesn't matter. Just post answers on the thread (people don't listen anyway!:x)

Original Poster

If people just PM'ed me then more people can play, but if people don't want to then they don't have to.

frollickingfrill;2627444

Right it doesn't matter. Just post answers on the thread (people don't … Right it doesn't matter. Just post answers on the thread (people don't listen anyway!:x)

:shock: language young man

1. What letter is next in this sequence?
    M, A, M, J, J, A, S, O,__ [COLOR="silver"]N D[/COLOR]

2. What letter is next in this sequence?
    O, T, T, F, F, S, S, E, __ [COLOR="silver"]N T[/COLOR]

4. What is it?
    What can run but never walks, has a mouth but never talks, has a head but never weeps, and has a bed but never sleeps?? [COLOR="silver"]a river[/COLOR]

5. How could the 22nd and 24th U.S. Presidents have the same parents, but werent siblings? [COLOR="silver"]Grover Cleveland served two non-consecutive terms and is counted chronologically as both the 22nd and the 24th president[/COLOR]

7. Why are 2007 pennies worth more than 2006 pennies? [COLOR="silver"]2007*1p > 2006*1p[/COLOR]

8. What is full of holes but still holds water? [COLOR="silver"]sponge[/COLOR]

10. What happened in 1961 and will not happen again until 6009? [COLOR="silver"]you can read the year if you turn in upside down[/COLOR]

Original Poster

owlass;2627470

:shock: language young man

What you on about? Language?

Original Poster

guerilla;2627471

1. What letter is next in this sequence?M, A, M, J, J, A, S, O,__ … 1. What letter is next in this sequence?M, A, M, J, J, A, S, O,__ [COLOR="Red"]N D[/COLOR]2. What letter is next in this sequence?O, T, T, F, F, S, S, E, __ [COLOR="Red"]N T[/COLOR]4. What is it?What can run but never walks, has a mouth but never talks, has a head but never weeps, and has a bed but never sleeps?? [COLOR="Red"]a river[/COLOR]5. How could the 22nd and 24th U.S. Presidents have the same parents, but werent siblings? [COLOR="Red"]Grover Cleveland served two non-consecutive terms and is counted chronologically as both the 22nd and the 24th president[/COLOR]7. Why are 2007 pennies worth more than 2006 pennies? [COLOR="Red"]2007*1p > 2006*1p[/COLOR]8. What is full of holes but still holds water? [COLOR="Red"]sponge[/COLOR]10. What happened in 1961 and will not happen again until 6009? [COLOR="Red"]you can read the year if you turn in upside down[/COLOR]

1. incorrect
    2. incorrect
    4. correct
    5. correct
    7. correct:thinking:
    8. correct
    10. incorrect

so the sequence isnt
    1. the names of the months,
    2. the first letter of the numbers?

2007 pennies is one more penny than 2006 pennies

Original Poster

guerilla;2627529

so the sequence isnt 1. the names of the months, 2. the first letter of … so the sequence isnt 1. the names of the months, 2. the first letter of the numbers?2007 pennies is one more penny than 2006 pennies

Yes they are but you haven't read the queston properly

so is it
    1. N
    2. N

Original Poster

And for Q10. can you not read every year upside down? Just giving a clue.

Original Poster

guerilla;2627544

so is it 1. N2. N

correct.

they look the same when turned upside down. you knew what i meant, us north easterns should be nice to each other

Original Poster

guerilla;2627555

they look the same when turned upside down. you knew what i meant, us … they look the same when turned upside down. you knew what i meant, us north easterns should be nice to each other

Where about are you at? and yes i'll give it to you!

peterlee, do you know it? its pretty skank

Original Poster

guerilla;2627580

peterlee, do you know it? its pretty skank

its about 5 miles. it's where my old teacher lives. I live in Spenny

sentence should read

"What are the(1) three(2) mistakes(3) in this sentence?"

1) missing the
    2) misspelt
    3) missing s

Original Poster

guerilla;2627599

sentence should read "What are the(1) three(2) mistakes(3) in this … sentence should read "What are the(1) three(2) mistakes(3) in this sentence?"1) missing the2) misspelt3) missing s

I agree they are right but it's not what i'm looking for.... 2 and 3 are right but the sentance could still be right without, the.

Original Poster

The mistake does not have to be in the sentance.

is one mistake that there are only two mistakes?

Original Poster

guerilla;2627628

is one mistake that there are only two mistakes?

yes correct.

Original Poster

Only one left.

well i had to look it up so im not answering i'll leave it to someone else. thanks for helping the last half hour at work go more quickly

Original Poster

guerilla;2627666

well i had to look it up so im not answering i'll leave it to someone … well i had to look it up so im not answering i'll leave it to someone else. thanks for helping the last half hour at work go more quickly

EEESssshhh. On the internet at work... tut tut.

yyyy u r, yyyyy u b, i c u r y+y 4 ? wise you are, wise you be, I see you are too wise for [COLOR=Blue]ME[/COLOR][COLOR=Blue][/COLOR][COLOR=Black]???[/COLOR]

Original Poster

harlzter;2627728

yyyy u r, yyyyy u b, i c u r y+y 4 ? wise you are, wise you be, I see … yyyy u r, yyyyy u b, i c u r y+y 4 ? wise you are, wise you be, I see you are too wise for [COLOR=Blue]ME[/COLOR][COLOR=Black]???[/COLOR]

Oh how smart are you!

frollickingfrill;2627851

Oh how smart are you!

Its a bit like those puzzles you get in take a break. Spent ages trying to think of a verse the first letters stood for or other word sequences, went for a coffee and came back looked again and it hit me like a soggy sardine sandwich:oops:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764309
      2. Report online material promoting terrorism or extremism11
      3. What are you loving on the BBC at the moment?63219
      4. What do you feel like whinging about today?1917266

See more discussions