Found 6th Jan 2010
there are some boots I really want but are only stocked in Aus/USA....they are priced at $300, just wondered if anyone could give me an idea of what I would be looking at to get them into the country?

cheers

tigs

14 Comments

Banned

a fair bit

probs bout £40 quid

not know anyone over there who could get you them and send as a gift?

hncb0809;7452960

a fair bitprobs bout £40 quid not know anyone over there who could get … a fair bitprobs bout £40 quid not know anyone over there who could get you them and send as a gift?

+1-if you know someone in america then get it sent over as a gift-get em to stick a birthday card in the package to keep up the deception in case customs open it.

look to add around 10% of value and then VAT to that total... that will be close

I got charged £28 plus £8 fee for a parcel valued at $250 ish

Original Poster

hncb0809;7452960

a fair bitprobs bout £40 quid not know anyone over there who could get … a fair bitprobs bout £40 quid not know anyone over there who could get you them and send as a gift?

I thought it would be more than that......and no...I have just come back from NYC but couldnt find a stockist over there :x
barky;7452992

+1-if you know someone in america then get it sent over as a gift-get em … +1-if you know someone in america then get it sent over as a gift-get em to stick a birthday card in the package to keep up the deception in case customs open it.

as above...no...taa though
mosskeeto;7452994

look to add around 10% of value and then VAT to that total... that will … look to add around 10% of value and then VAT to that total... that will be close

so 10% being $30, then VAT @ 17.5% (is it??) being $52.50....?
BabySmurfette;7453027

I got charged £28 plus £8 fee for a parcel valued at $250 ish

well I bought a ds from america a couple of years back, think it was about $150 and I got charged over £30 tor it.....hence the confusion lol

Banned

sure it boils down to what the package is aswell

also parcelforce add £20 on to handle n deliver

with clothes the fee depends on the material i think

I was charged £27 + £8 parcel fee for a parcel marked gift but at $75, which doesn't really correspond with the other estimates. I have called customs in the past and they can usually give you an estimate if you give them the details.

Original Poster

hncb0809;7453139

sure it boils down to what the package is aswellalso parcelforce add £20 … sure it boils down to what the package is aswellalso parcelforce add £20 on to handle n deliverwith clothes the fee depends on the material i think

theyre boots.....UGG boots but soooo much better :roll:

Original Poster

leopardspots;7453155

I was charged £27 + £8 parcel fee for a parcel marked gift but at $75, w … I was charged £27 + £8 parcel fee for a parcel marked gift but at $75, which doesn't really correspond with the other estimates. I have called customs in the past and they can usually give you an estimate if you give them the details.

Thanks...didnt think of calling them, although I guess they could say anything then charge a completely different price....youre experience sounds completely overpriced though!

Banned

lil_tiger;7453156

theyre boots.....UGG boots but soooo much better :roll:

so thats leather?

sure it does, i got a 150$ coat from ae .com in the sale and they bumped me for £25 in fees then parcelforces £20 of fees

Using HMRCs ]exchange rate $300 = £188.

Import duty - ]here. (@ 12%) not sure about this as boots are not listed exclusively. This is the rate for "clothing'.

]VAT = 17.5% of (Value of goods + P&P + Import duty)

Original Poster

hncb0809;7453191

so thats leather?sure it does, i got a 150$ coat from ae .com in the sale … so thats leather?sure it does, i got a 150$ coat from ae .com in the sale and they bumped me for £25 in fees then parcelforces £20 of fees

erm, sheepskin boots with leather detail......I think!

actually i think my parcel had kids clothes in it aswell as a bag and i dont think you pay VAT on kids clothes so it probably would be a bit more if they took that into consideration.

leopardspots;7453155

I was charged £27 + £8 parcel fee for a parcel marked gift but at $75, w … I was charged £27 + £8 parcel fee for a parcel marked gift but at $75, which doesn't really correspond with the other estimates. I have called customs in the past and they can usually give you an estimate if you give them the details.

Gift limit is £36 , depends on the exchange rate at the time so they were probably right to charge you
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Whey protien635
    2. Android pay set up58
    3. NEWBIE Help with a new laptop or PC please?!22
    4. Will iPad 2 iOS update slows it down?33

See more discussions