Groups

working in a prison, any advice how to get there?

i would love to start a career working as a prison guard or something along those lines. been looking for info on internet but cant find much that isnt from america. anyone work in a prison themselves and can give me a few pointers on how to get there? im assuming you cant just become a guard, im guessing you may need to work your way up? any advice welcome

20 Comments

Looking to beat down some criminals? :P

No idea on this one sorry.

lol from the title alone i was thinking... fastest way to get to jail... insult nearest copper?

Ask Syz that was his job xxxx

Original Poster

ClarityofMind;6857335

lol from the title alone i was thinking... fastest way to get to jail... … lol from the title alone i was thinking... fastest way to get to jail... insult nearest copper?

yeah i thought it sounded that way too lol. may have to change it :oops:

You dont want to work in a prision mate.

Original Poster

ClarityofMind;6857335

Ask Syz that was his job xxxx

thanks hun :thumbsup:

may pm him tonight if he doesnt find this thread before lol

Original Poster

choc1969;6857358

How hard did you look … How hard did you look lolhttp://www.hmprisonservice.gov.uk/adviceandsupport/prison_life/workinginprison/

obviously not very haha

thanks choc i'll go have a peek now

donnaraine;6857359

thanks hun :thumbsup:may pm him tonight if he doesnt find this thread … thanks hun :thumbsup:may pm him tonight if he doesnt find this thread before lol

If you can wake him up,he's permanently asleep:w00t:

donnaraine;6857371

obviously not very hahathanks choc i'll go have a peek now

thats just for crims btw :w00t:

Hope you are thick skinned,Worked as a contractor in many prisons ( male and female ) and the constant abuse you hear is unbelievable, if it is for you then all the best with it,

tonyg1962;6857396

Hope you are thick skinned,Worked as a contractor in many prisons ( male … Hope you are thick skinned,Worked as a contractor in many prisons ( male and female ) and the constant abuse you hear is unbelievable, if it is for you then all the best with it,

Just like working as a stockbroker then ;-)

Original Poster

tonyg1962;6857396

Hope you are thick skinned,Worked as a contractor in many prisons ( male … Hope you are thick skinned,Worked as a contractor in many prisons ( male and female ) and the constant abuse you hear is unbelievable, if it is for you then all the best with it,

i work as a carer for disabled adults, i get plenty abuse off them

id love the work its just finding it round here, theres only two prisons close by so can imagine it being difficult finding a suitable vacancy

Original Poster

choc1969;6857404

Current vacancies here hun, … Current vacancies here hun, https://www21.i-grasp.com/fe/tpl_hmps03.asp?newms=seAll other detailshttp://www.hmprisonservice.gov.uk/careersandjobs/

only position near is a plumber :x

Its a good job if you can take to it, don't forget you will be working shifts including weekends and nights.

Original Poster

The Fox;6857703

Its a good job if you can take to it, don't forget you will be working … Its a good job if you can take to it, don't forget you will be working shifts including weekends and nights.

i work shifts at the minute, only drawback is i do nights and days in the same week lol. theyre always 12 hour shifts too so used to the long hours.

Banned

donnaraine;6857503

i work as a carer for disabled adults, i get plenty abuse off them :pid … i work as a carer for disabled adults, i get plenty abuse off them :pid love the work its just finding it round here, theres only two prisons close by so can imagine it being difficult finding a suitable vacancy

durham, frankland, low newton, kirk levington, stockton, they are all within 20-30 mins of you, and not much further you have the likes of wakefield, wetherby yoi, wealstun, leeds.
    The training centre is at wakefield too.

FWIW (and I'm not sure you would get a choice) I would stay away from young offender prisons, they are much more violent than adult prisons, in yoi's everyone thinks they are hard as ****, in adult prisons most people just wnat to get on with the sentence and get out.

Original Poster

colinsunderland;6859259

durham, frankland, low newton, kirk levington, stockton, they are all … durham, frankland, low newton, kirk levington, stockton, they are all within 20-30 mins of you, and not much further you have the likes of wakefield, wetherby yoi, wealstun, leeds.The training centre is at wakefield too.FWIW (and I'm not sure you would get a choice) I would stay away from young offender prisons, they are much more violent than adult prisons, in yoi's everyone thinks they are hard as ****, in adult prisons most people just wnat to get on with the sentence and get out.

omg ive never heard of some of them, i had durham and deerbolt in mind. however leeds and wakefield is too far really, unless i was going to move but that would be something else to think about and not sure i want to move anyway :thumbsup:

Banned

frankland and low newton are close to durham
    i forgot about deerbolt
    kirk lev is a cat d resettlement prison and i think you would probably have to have a fair bit of service to get there tbh.
    the wetherby ones (yoi and wealstun) shouldn't be much further than durham if you are driving?

Original Poster

colinsunderland;6859476

frankland and low newton are close to durhami forgot about deerboltkirk … frankland and low newton are close to durhami forgot about deerboltkirk lev is a cat d resettlement prison and i think you would probably have to have a fair bit of service to get there tbh.the wetherby ones (yoi and wealstun) shouldn't be much further than durham if you are driving?

im currently doing my driving lessons. trying to get info at the minute as i cant apply til im driving anyway but i think my test will only be about a month away. ive had some great advice on this thread though so thanks everyone :-D
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. word association Game73944529
      2. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread424414492
      3. Microsoft approve Hyperkin's remake of the OG Xbox controller11
      4. Underrated/unappreciated movies.2836

See more discussions