Working in Grainger Games/ a computer game shop.

Found 2nd Oct 2012
Any one know how old you have to be to work at Grainger Games/ a computer game shop? A quick google came up with nout. I'm only 16 sadly and obviously some games are 18's along with the dvd's and blu rays ect.

I'm asking due to there being a job going at Grainger Games near me.

16 Comments

Have you tried ringing them mate? A quick google search will find a landline number for any Gamestation/Game.

You have to be 18 to work at Game and it used to be 16 to work at Gamestation but that was before Game bought out Gamestation so it may have changed since then (2007)

Original Poster

gmdlogan

Have you tried ringing them mate? A quick google search will find a … Have you tried ringing them mate? A quick google search will find a landline number for any Gamestation/Game.

I think I'll try to email them as I don' think they'd have someone at a phone at this time, then I'll ring them tomorrow if they haven't replied. It's Grainger Games aswell, not as big a company as Game.
Edited by: "FeatheryNinja" 2nd Oct 2012

[ retailjobs.game.co.uk ]

Store Managers: [ retailjobs.game.co.uk/Sho…ore ]
Deputy Managers: [ retailjobs.game.co.uk/Sho…ore ]

Sales Assistant Vacancies:
Please contact your local store. Please use this link to find your nearest store. store finder
Please do not apply through this website.

Work Experience 2012:
Here at GAME Group we welcome applications for work experience from school and college students looking to take up some work experience in our stores, to support their studies. Please click here for further information.

[ graingergames.co.uk/jobs ]
---
Sales Assistant - Skelmersdale
Sales Assistant - Redcar
Sales Assistant - Bradford
Sales Assistant - Leeds, Crossgates
---

Original Poster

fanpages

[ http://www.graingergames.co.uk/jobs ]---Sales Assistant - … [ http://www.graingergames.co.uk/jobs ]---Sales Assistant - SkelmersdaleSales Assistant - RedcarSales Assistant - BradfordSales Assistant - Leeds, Crossgates---

Nout about ages on there mate.
Edited by: "FeatheryNinja" 2nd Oct 2012

FeatheryNinja

Nout about ages on there mate.

Yes, I know. You will need to contact each of those four stores to ask.

Would you like me to telephone them for you as well?

Contact Grainger Games by HotUKDeals.com "Private Message":

[ http://www.hotukdeals.com/profile/FeatheryNinja/messages/compose-mail?to=GraingerGames ]

Original Poster

fanpages

Would you like me to telephone them for you as well?

Bit of a weird thing to ask?

Not really, he phones the Chinese for me every saturday. We do it for each other to save wear and tare on our fingers.

Original Poster

gmdlogan

Not really, he phones the Chinese for me every saturday. We do it for … Not really, he phones the Chinese for me every saturday. We do it for each other to save wear and tare on our fingers.

Didn't think of it like that. Go on then FP, give them a ring for us in the morning please mate. :P

gmdlogan

Not really, he phones the Chinese for me every saturday. We do it for … Not really, he phones the Chinese for me every saturday. We do it for each other to save wear and tare on our fingers.

...and do you know how many people live in China?

Exactly!... it isn't a trivial task to telephone them all.

it will probably be the case that there is no official age for working there but you wont be able to process any age restricted material so would need constant supervision if on sales = no hope of job doing that
if job was outside of sales then may have a chance

You'll easily get a job if you're a midget as they'll be needing some more for some upcoming awards ceremonies.

Original Poster

I rang them up after no email or twitter luck earlier and they said 16, then I asked about the vacancy that I wanted and the hours clash with my current apprenticeship. FUUUUUU---------------

You cannot sell something if you are below the legal age to purchase it without the authorization of a member of the team or manager prior to taking payment who is above 18 years of age,

How do you think all the checkout operators aged 16 sell booze at tesco's same applies
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions