Groups

working on the rigs

right guys need some advice here, thinking of applying for jobs offshore but need the survival certs etc to do that, have seen some videos on youtube but they dont seem too bad but i know it will be different if/when i do it myself.
    so how bad is the training course and for someone like me who gets travel sick. i know there are different types of off shore jobs but need the certs first

3 Comments

The actual course (BOSIET) is a piece of cake, you can't really "fail" it. Getting a Job on the rigs is an almost impossibility. If you know someone already there, this is your best bet. Only route is Agencies in Aberdeen, completely oversubscribed for Roustabout's. If you have a trade, you stand a slightly better chance. I am a domestic electrician and have been trying to get on as a roustabout for over a year now, with no luck. I've done my BOSIET.

Original Poster

The actual course (BOSIET) is a piece of cake, you can't really "fail" … The actual course (BOSIET) is a piece of cake, you can't really "fail" it. Getting a Job on the rigs is an almost impossibility. If you know someone already there, this is your best bet. Only route is Agencies in Aberdeen, completely oversubscribed for Roustabout's. If you have a trade, you stand a slightly better chance. I am a domestic electrician and have been trying to get on as a roustabout for over a year now, with no luck. I've done my BOSIET

yeah i know its a job for the boys but i know a few people that work offshore, but they are offshore now so cant ask them, looking more at IT side of things, dont think i could phsyical work for 12 hour shifts anymore

A bit of advice, similar to the big house i advise you not to drop the bar of soap in the showers!

HTH
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4682224
      2. What is there free to do in your town?2545
      3. Back to school: what's your views on your kids uniform and piercing rules e…27121
      4. Sky Fibre Max44

See more discussions