Groups

Working tax cheque out of date

my boyfriend forgot to cash 2 of his working tax cheques, and they are now out of date! does anyone no how we can get around this? Do we have to sent them back I would phone them and ask but my house phone is playing up and I have no credit, so I' have g to wait until he gets back from work to use his phone. Was just wondering for now though

rep will be left

13 Comments

Supermod

You will need to call the issuer and they will check they havent been cashed and then resend them to you so they will be vaild for a further 6 months.

Original Poster

magicjay1986;2677382

You will need to call the issuer and they will check they havent been … You will need to call the issuer and they will check they havent been cashed and then resend them to you so they will be vaild for a further 6 months.

thats great thank you will give them a call when my boyfriend gets back from work, I just wanted to no for now because I thought we had lost out on £160:thumbsup:

Is this for working tax credits?

If so just go down your local IR office and they can re issue them

Supermod

Kellie + Paisley;2677407

thats great thank you will give them a call when my boyfriend gets back … thats great thank you will give them a call when my boyfriend gets back from work, I just wanted to no for now because I thought we had lost out on £160:thumbsup:

They should just reissue it to you. They will see from their accounts that you havent attempted to cash the cheque. In an ideal world they would have reminded you!!

Banned

probably can still bank them anyway. they dont check dates very often just like they dont check signatures (watchdog managed to present and bank 9 out of 10 cheques with the signature of mickey mouse!)

Supermod

csiman;2677437

probably can still bank them anyway. they dont check dates very often … probably can still bank them anyway. they dont check dates very often just like they dont check signatures (watchdog managed to present and bank 9 out of 10 cheques with the signature of mickey mouse!)

You could try but I am certain most cheques are only valid for 6 months. I know Natwest business cheques are.

Banned

magicjay1986;2677447

You could try but I am certain most cheques are only valid for 6 months. … You could try but I am certain most cheques are only valid for 6 months. I know Natwest business cheques are.

yeah I know but they hardly ever check anything except that the amounts tally (paying in slip / cheque).

yes defo call them & they will re issue them :thumbsup:

Places like money shop will cash them anyway if you don't mind paying a commision

Original Poster

thanks guy I will give them a call later, and that was only valid for a month

Original Poster

RedIron;2677415

Is this for working tax credits?If so just go down your local IR office … Is this for working tax credits?If so just go down your local IR office and they can re issue them

yep they are for working tax credits, I'm not sure where my local IR office is :oops:

Out of date cheques are now typically stopped by the Issuer automatically. You should ring and get them reissued.

Kellie + Paisley;2678936

yep they are for working tax credits, I'm not sure where my local IR … yep they are for working tax credits, I'm not sure where my local IR office is :oops:

Use this;

multimap.com/cli…=ir
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Supermarket may have sold Sausages & Other Pork products may have been inf…78
      2. Help Me Find Bright Red Exterior Paint PLEASE33
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764320
      4. Report online material promoting terrorism or extremism814

See more discussions