Expired

Working two jobs while at college?

Found 21st Mar
I’m a 2nd year/ Year 13 college student. I’m at college two days a week only, and work part time in the evening. As a result, I have a lot of free time.

I’ve been applying to find another job, however I’m starting at another college in September for another two years. Would it be good idea to continue to apply or wait until I’ve started?

Tia I’m not sure where else to ask as I’m not in any other places with discussion areas really, and this is such a wide community of people
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
well done you having the gumption to work so hard !

yes try for another job look at the positives you can give some job 6 good months of your hard work

depending on where you get your job you may be able to transfer in sept to otter location depending where you end up

Good Luck to you your obviously driven to succeed and a hard worker
Definitely keep applying, it's 6 months until September so even if the job you get doesn't fit with your new college timetable and you have to give it up, you'll have another 6 months worth of experience that will be useful when applying for other jobs. Good luck.
4 Comments
well done you having the gumption to work so hard !

yes try for another job look at the positives you can give some job 6 good months of your hard work

depending on where you get your job you may be able to transfer in sept to otter location depending where you end up

Good Luck to you your obviously driven to succeed and a hard worker
Definitely keep applying, it's 6 months until September so even if the job you get doesn't fit with your new college timetable and you have to give it up, you'll have another 6 months worth of experience that will be useful when applying for other jobs. Good luck.
Import thing on a CV is to show you want to work, and can be bothered to get out there and do it.
When interviewing I always ask what have you done since last employment.
The clumpets usually say seeking work, the good staff get out there and do stuff, and have answers.

Shops usually have wages to employ summer staff and find it useful when they know they will move on to university. Just be truthful.

Basically your willing to be used as cheap hardworking labour for a few months. Hey that's life.

Edited by: "MonkeysUncle" 22nd Mar
As long as it's not affecting your studies go for it.
Try and save as much as possible.

If your going to uni then it will save you from getting up to your neck in debt if your not going to uni then it's a down payment on a rental or even a deposit.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants