World Cup 4K broadcasts

Found 30th May
World Cup is going to be broadcast in 4K this year. Unfortunately, both BBC and ITV didn’t confirm they can do so.

Anyone know free to air satellite broadcasting in Europe will do 4K ??

I know TRT 4K did the Champions league final , will they do the same for World Cup?

Anyone know how to do satellite to receive TRT 4K in UK?
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
with the amount paid in tv licence, would of thought broadcasting in 4k be easier now 😁
Pricklerickle1 h, 53 m ago

with the amount paid in tv licence, would of thought broadcasting in 4k be …with the amount paid in tv licence, would of thought broadcasting in 4k be easier now 😁

Not since BBC had to sell its transmitters off, its expensive to transport to broadcast live 4K over the network because Canadian Teachers and Aussie Elite have expensive lifestyles, Canadian Teachers also own the UK Lotto licence.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wik…iva
seaniboy30 m ago

Not since BBC had to sell its transmitters off, its expensive to transport …Not since BBC had to sell its transmitters off, its expensive to transport to broadcast live 4K over the network because Canadian Teachers and Aussie Elite have expensive lifestyles, Canadian Teachers also own the UK Lotto licence. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arqiva

tbf i just be happy with every program be transmitted in hd 😁
Maybe they'll put it on YouTube like BT did with the CL final. Or they might launch a temporary 4K channel just for the World Cup
jamie01545 m ago

Maybe they'll put it on YouTube like BT did with the CL final. Or they …Maybe they'll put it on YouTube like BT did with the CL final. Or they might launch a temporary 4K channel just for the World Cup

I have been using Samsung MU6400 to watch YouTube 4K, the quality is horrible. I guess because they are using 30fps. (The ball movement is suffering from ghost image) Next day, I downloaded the 4K version of TRT match. It is absolutely AMAZING
Pricklerickle3 h, 17 m ago

with the amount paid in tv licence, would of thought broadcasting in 4k be …with the amount paid in tv licence, would of thought broadcasting in 4k be easier now 😁

Other European countries like Germany does have 4K World Cup but it is by paid cable like Sky. So in UK we are lucky to have full coverage but suffers from quality.
How would you receive the 4K content? don't know of any freeview or freesat boxes in this country which can get 4K.
World Cup 2018: BBC to show tournament in Ultra HD & virtual reality bbc.co.uk/spo…845
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions