Groups

World Cup Draw - List your predictions for Englands group

Morning all,

With the world Cup draw taking place this evening list your predictions for Englands group.

Pot 1 (seeds): South Africa, Brazil, Spain, Netherlands, Italy, Germany, Argentina, England

Pot 2 (Asia, Oceania and North/Central America): Japan, South Korea, North Korea, Australia, New Zealand, United States, Mexico, Honduras

Pot 3 (Africa and South America): Ivory Coast, Ghana, Cameroon, Nigeria, Algeria, Paraguay, Chile, Uruguay

Pot 4 (Europe): France, Portugal, Slovenia, Switzerland, Greece, Serbia, Denmark, Slovakia

36 Comments

Original Poster

My prediction is:

England
    South Korea
    Nigeria
    Portugal

Now that would be fun

England, New Zealand, Chile, Portugal.

Lol, or maybe Honduras..

hope its an exciting group and not too much travelling involved between venues-me and my friends are awaiting the draw and then got a mad grab for flights and decent hotels.

England, Mexico, Ghana, Denmark

England
    USA
    Ghana
    Greece

Original Poster

barky;7104476

hope its an exciting group and not too much travelling involved between … hope its an exciting group and not too much travelling involved between venues-me and my friends are awaiting the draw and then got a mad grab for flights and decent hotels.

flights and hotel prices are going to be crazy....i know some people who have booked hotels already and then their planning on selling them at a later date!!

England, South Korea, ghana and denmark

Abz;7104488

flights and hotel prices are going to be crazy....i know some people who … flights and hotel prices are going to be crazy....i know some people who have booked hotels already and then their planning on selling them at a later date!!

I know but its a once in a lifetime chance and we got all the tickets free so that saves a fortune

Banned

are all host nations going to be seeded now? Its pretty unfair imo

Hope we dont get France or Portugal. Not fussed about other teams.

Woo, go Greece as well. But obviously England are #1.
    They're my 'second' team as I'm part Greek. I remember when they won the Euro Championships all those years ago, I visited Greece in 07 and they were STILL showing highlights and matches from when they won, lol!

Original Poster

barky;7104516

I know but its a once in a lifetime chance and we got all the tickets … I know but its a once in a lifetime chance and we got all the tickets free so that saves a fortune

Lucky ********.....have you not heard of sharing is caring!!! ;-)

csiman;7104527

are all host nations going to be seeded now? Its pretty unfair imo

They always are.

Having the host nation still in the tournament is good for local interest. By seeding the host team they are more likely to stay in it and keep local interest alive.

In the 2002 World cup, which was co hosted by Japan and Korea, both countries were seeded, leaving only 6 places for other seeded teams.

Abz;7104459

My prediction is:EnglandSouth KoreaNigeriaPortugalNow that would be fun

Had this but North Korea instead of south.

South Africa will be drawn with France i think.

south africa will get the easiest possible draw to try and get them in the second round, they won't though as they are rubbish

my prediction for england is Portugal, Australia, Cameroon

Easy as possible please.

England
    Ghana
    New Zealand
    Rep of Ireland (:-D)

England
    Australia
    Uruguay
    Denmark

Banned

england
    france
    portugal
    australia

is my wish list

deek72;7105015

Easy as possible please.EnglandGhanaNew ZealandRep of Ireland (:-D)

Ghana won't be easy

Nigeria, Cameroon and Algeria are all weaker than Ghana

casparwhite;7105157

england france portugalaustraliais my wish list

not even santa can give you that as France and portugal are the same seed

Banned

I kinda like the draw shown in the newest Carlsberg advert!

Banned

hassony;7105176

not even santa can give you that as France and portugal are the same seed

didnt check the seedlings....

ok ill swap portugal for cameroon if i must

wat time is teh draw

Banned

Pot 1 (seeds): South Africa, Brazil, Spain, Netherlands, Italy, Germany, Argentina, England

Pot 2 (Asia, Oceania and North/Central America): Japan, South Korea, North Korea, Australia, New Zealand, United States, Mexico, Honduras

Pot 3 (Africa and South America): Ivory Coast, Ghana, Cameroon, Nigeria, Algeria, Paraguay, Chile, Uruguay

Pot 4 (Europe): France, Portugal, Slovenia, Switzerland, Greece, Serbia, Denmark, Slovakia

with a bit of luck,

england
    USA
    Ivory coast
    France

but probably will get,

england
    north korea
    paraguay
    denmark
    then qualify get all excited only to get papped out by spain/germany/brazil in the quarter finals and then go on about a refereeing decision/beckham until the next one when the process will start all over again.

ants97;7105307

with a bit of luck,then qualify get all excited only to get papped out by … with a bit of luck,then qualify get all excited only to get papped out by spain/germany/brazil in the quarter finals and then go on about a refereeing decision/beckham until the next one when the process will start all over again.

x2.

wonder how many pubs will get bricked.

Does anywhere know anywhere to watch the build up?

casparwhite;7105547

build up started already … build up started already 606http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/8391833.stm

Thanks im on that at the moment, no videos yet then?

Starr;7105576

Thanks im on that at the moment, no videos yet then?

videos of what? the cleaners cleaning the conference room?

England
    Honduras
    Uruguay
    Portugal

hassony;7105611

videos of what? the cleaners cleaning the conference room?

I thought there was 6 hours of crap before the draw? Or am i mistaken?

Starr;7105630

The crap starts around 4:30 i think

Banned

Starr;7105630

skysports keeps flicking to it with interviews all day....... repeat til the draw

hassony;7105658

The crap starts around 4:30 i think

casparwhite;7105663

skysports keeps flicking to it with interviews all day....... repeat til … skysports keeps flicking to it with interviews all day....... repeat til the draw

OK, cheers guys, was hoping to skive of work watching it all day :-D

606 will have to do.

As soon as the draw is made my request for holiday days are getting sent :whistling:

Banned

thevman2k3;7104504

England, South Korea, ghana and denmark

Not bad. At least you got one right :-

hotukdeals.com/ite…909

Thanks to using Levis' time machine i predict Slovenia, USA & Algeria. Now off to place my bet :whistling: :-D
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk44
      2. Win a Karcher Xpert Pressure Washer88
      3. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains98
      4. Win a safari adventure & claim a free Chicago Town pizza coupon33

See more discussions