World Cup fancy dress theme - ideas needed!!

Found 25th May 2010
Hey all,

I'm going to a fancy dress party and it's England/World Cup football themed. I'm not really into the idea of buying an England kit so was looking at other ideas.

I've had a look on google and a few fancy dress shops, but am pretty stuck, so was hoping someone would be able to help me out!! Please!

I'm looking for either one of the costumes below, or any suggestions on other fancy dress/ideas on how to make one;

World Cup costume (yes thats the trophy itself).
Knight of the round table, but england theme.
Kevin Keegan/Terry Venables outfit
1950s/old style football kit

Any ideas wanted!!

15 Comments

you and 2 mates dress up as lions and then you're the 3 lions lol

Original Poster

lfc_engravedonheart;8686193

Awesome idea! Where can I get 3 blue lion costumes from?

lfc_engravedonheart;8686193

Whatever you do, don't have 4 of you do this else you might be mistaken for a ]terrorist :-D

Babbabooey;8686208

Whatever you do, don't have 4 of you do this else you might be mistaken … Whatever you do, don't have 4 of you do this else you might be mistaken for a ]terrorist :-D

haha :lol:

milesy29;8686206

Awesome idea! Where can I get 3 blue lion costumes from?

do you not know anyone who could make them?

or you could have a frontal lobotomy,sleep with a few slappers and go as ashley cole:whistling:

Original Poster

lfc_engravedonheart;8686226

do you not know anyone who could make them?

No. Will probably end up looking like 3 tortoises if we try and make them! Nice idea but may have to drop that one. Unless could buy lion costumes and dye them blue?

barky;8686263

or you could have a frontal lobotomy,sleep with a few slappers and go as … or you could have a frontal lobotomy,sleep with a few slappers and go as ashley cole:whistling:

Sounds like a good night out!

milesy29;8686311

No. Will probably end up looking like 3 tortoises if we try and make … No. Will probably end up looking like 3 tortoises if we try and make them! Nice idea but may have to drop that one. Unless could buy lion costumes and dye them blue?

lol @ tortoises :lol:
you could maybe do that with this one
amazon.co.uk/gp/…er=

or just get a lion mask and a blue all in one jumpsuit and make a tail to stick on

Vintage shirt here
kitbag.com/sto…QMM

Or you could buy the lion outfit above and buy 2 teddy lions dye them all blue and attach them to the outfit:lol:

or maybe a Referee?

Green face paint, a fake droopy moustache reinforced with coathanger wire to point upwards, a red t-shirt and a cheap sombrero from a fancy dress/party shop, and bingo...you're Pique, the mascot of the 1986 Mexico world cup...

holayadios.files.wordpress.com/200…jpg

Original Poster

leilahfun;8686464

Or you could buy the lion outfit above and buy 2 teddy lions dye them all … Or you could buy the lion outfit above and buy 2 teddy lions dye them all blue and attach them to the outfit:lol:

Haha - i like your thinking but I think that would look very strange. And, I'm a little worried about going near a BBQ with soft toys.

I might go with the lion idea. Will throw it out there to 2 of my mates. See what they reckon.

Original Poster

SirBargainsALot;8686524

Green face paint, a fake droopy moustache reinforced with coathanger wire … Green face paint, a fake droopy moustache reinforced with coathanger wire to point upwards, a red t-shirt and a cheap sombrero from a fancy dress/party shop, and bingo...you're Pique, the mascot of the 1986 Mexico world cup...http://holayadios.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/pique_mexico_86.jpg

That has got to be the craziest idea ever for an England themed fancy dress. It looks like I'd need a giant cucumber for the hat!

Original Poster

Gonna go for the st georges knight that lfc added a link for. Awesome work all!! Rep added for y'all.

milesy29;8687724

Gonna go for the st georges knight that lfc added a link for. Awesome … Gonna go for the st georges knight that lfc added a link for. Awesome work all!! Rep added for y'all.

i liked that one :thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text