Groups

World of Warcraft used us key?

I've just bought world of warcraft wotlk collectors edition on gumtree and just noticed the key says - us.

When I entered it on battle.net it says "The authentication key you entered cannot be claimed. Please try again." as opposed to "The authentication key you entered has already been claimed."

So I think it hasn't been used its just on the US server :@ has anybody got a used us wotlk or original key that I can enter in to battle.net to test please?

Also does anybody know if I rang blizzard would they be able to do anything for me as long as the key isn't registered?

UPDATE: Just got off the phone with blizzard who have said they are destroying the old us key and will send me a EU key within the next 24 hours! Not bad for £20!

UPDATE2: New key recieved, entered on battle.net, key accepted! Will get my in-game pet when I next log in!

8 Comments

Banned

hey, i would suggest ring blizzard and see what they say, you may have to re purchase tho and get it for europe.

You can't use US keys here. Why do you keep going second hand with these things the keys are bound to be used. Just buy the original or rather don't unless you want your life sucked away

Original Poster

HybridTheory

hey, i would suggest ring blizzard and see what they say, you may have to … hey, i would suggest ring blizzard and see what they say, you may have to re purchase tho and get it for europe.

Just on hold with them now will see what they say but yeah it was a bargain so wouldn't pay normal price for it lol.

Original Poster

Adam2050

You can't use US keys here. Why do you keep going second hand with these … You can't use US keys here. Why do you keep going second hand with these things the keys are bound to be used. Just buy the original or rather don't unless you want your life sucked away

I don't think the key is used tho and even if it was I'd get atleast what I paid back on ebay. Also I cant help looking for a bargain
    Edited by: "jennyrocks" 30th Oct 2010

Original Poster

UPDATE: Just got off the phone with blizzard who have said they are destroying the old us key and will send me a EU key within the next 24 hours! Not bad for £20!

jennyrocks

UPDATE: Just got off the phone with blizzard who have said they are … UPDATE: Just got off the phone with blizzard who have said they are destroying the old us key and will send me a EU key within the next 24 hours! Not bad for £20!

Nice.

How much is it normally?

Original Poster

Starr

How much is it normally?

It's £60 when it first comes out but sells on ebay for atleast £100 when unused.

Has to be said the desk of cards and mouse mat are missing, but the art book and dvd are both sealed and the music cd is unused.

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
    1. Well Done Turkey, Education improvement1444
    2. Royal Mail chat says I am not allowed to send paper of any kind to Hong Kon…1427
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767106
    4. word association Game73744435
    5. Apples new update22

See more discussions