Groups

World Snooker Championships 2011 official thread

Anybody else going to see this?

I love snooker, hope Ronnie doesn't decide to throw his toys out of the pram and we see a good showing.

Could this be Ding's year?

118 Comments

The Betfred.com World Snooker Championship is the greatest snooker show on Earth!
    It runs from April 16 to May 2, 2011. TICKETS ARE ON SALE NOW!

For details call 0844 6565 147

sheffieldboxoffice.com/onl…wsc

Edited by: "lufc246" 20th Jan 2011

Original Poster

Jeezy Creezy, need to get booking then, thanks!!

Original Poster

Tickets arrived today, 4th row baby!!!

Anyone know when the draw is?

Isnt snooker a cure for insomnia?

Original Poster

Just checked the draw and I've got 4th row for Ronnie's first round match

Good times

My money is on John Higgins and a sneaky £5 on Judd Trump

Banned

sancho1983

Just checked the draw and I've got 4th row for Ronnie's first round … Just checked the draw and I've got 4th row for Ronnie's first round matchGood times

Will look out for you. Screencaps ahoy!

skusey

bump

skusey

Is his own money on himself though ?.

c'mon Ray Readon make use of that walking stick.

Original Poster

Hendry looks to be playing well

Banned

Just managed to get 2/1 accumulator on snooker:

Mark Williams @ 1/14
    Allister Carter @ 1/1000
    Shaun Murphy @ 1/1000
    Ding Junhui @ 1/1000
    Joe Perry @ EVS

All are certainties - apart from Perry.

Banned

Anyone watching that can tell me who's playing best? I need Perry to beat Hendry to get my winnings on the accumulator.

JonnyTwoToes

Anyone watching that can tell me who's playing best? I need Perry to beat … Anyone watching that can tell me who's playing best? I need Perry to beat Hendry to get my winnings on the accumulator.

well its 6-5 to hendry and perry has a lead in this frame
    Edited by: "nightstud" 18th Apr 2011

Banned

nightstud

well its 6-5 to hendry and perry has a lead in this frame

So he's playing better than Hendry? Good news! Thanks.

its 7-6 to hendry at the break

Banned

nightstud

its 7-6 to hendry at the break

Perry pulled back 3 then, to Hendry's 1.

COME ON PERRY!

Original Poster

I think Hendry will do it tbh, he's got more abilities to hold under pressure

I'm hoping the Ronnie match ends 4-4 today, that way I'll see the most possible frames tomorrow!

Banned

147 looking good!

Original Poster

Don't think I'll see many frames tomorrow

Banned

8-8! Come on Perry!!!!!!!!!

Original Poster

lol, you got a 2/1 accumulator

You could get 2.6 a minute ago in-play on Perry to win.

I've just put a tenner on Ronnie to win the whole tournament. 6/1 - If he plays like he played today he'll trounce anybody

Banned

sancho1983

lol, you got a 2/1 accumulatorYou could get 2.6 a minute ago in-play on … lol, you got a 2/1 accumulatorYou could get 2.6 a minute ago in-play on Perry to win. :)I've just put a tenner on Ronnie to win the whole tournament. 6/1 - If he plays like he played today he'll trounce anybody

Yeah, and I've only got a quid on it!

Banned

9-9 is it?

Banned

Perry owes me a quid!

The Rocket looking awesome, hope he can beat Murphy

Original Poster

Amazing day.

The fu match was really good, he looked on top form apart from a wobbly couple of frames. Ronnie played unbelievably, it was only 3 frames but I think they'll be the best frames of snooker I'll ever see. I think I was on telly for a brief moment

Mark J Williams on good form.

Original Poster

Unfortunately. I find him quite boring

Judd trump is holding himself quite well, would like to see him go far. Semi would be nice for him. Stephen lee has got hella fat

I would really like selby to win it.

sancho1983

Unfortunately. I find him quite boringJudd trump is holding himself quite … Unfortunately. I find him quite boringJudd trump is holding himself quite well, would like to see him go far. Semi would be nice for him. Stephen lee has got hella fat I would really like selby to win it.

Still Ronnie for me on current form, loads of potential champs though, too tough to choose a winner

Original Poster

I mainly want Ronnie to do well mainly so he doesn't quit.

Watching the three frames the other day you can see he's on another level to everyone else. Selby vs o'sullivan final would be perfect for me. Not sure if that's possible though

sancho1983

I mainly want Ronnie to do well mainly so he doesn't quit.Watching the … I mainly want Ronnie to do well mainly so he doesn't quit.Watching the three frames the other day you can see he's on another level to everyone else. Selby vs o'sullivan final would be perfect for me. Not sure if that's possible though

Did you only watch the one session-3 frames?
    I cant believe how small the Crucible is when I went 20 years ago!

backed Shaun Murphy at 16/1, fingers crossed for tomorrow............, http://img824.imageshack.us/i/muyhtgrf.jpg/][IMG]http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/9076/muyhtgrf.jpg[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]
    Edited by: "flp14344" 22nd Apr 2011

Original Poster

skusey

Did you only watch the one session-3 frames?I cant believe how small the … Did you only watch the one session-3 frames?I cant believe how small the Crucible is when I went 20 years ago!

We watched that 3 frame session. And the Fu one in the morning, which was also pretty good.

This was the second time I'd been, I was really surprised when I first went. It really is tiny.

http://i635.photobucket.com/albums/uu79/sancho_1983/IMAG0226.jpg

This was our view for the first session, rubbish picture but you get the idea.

We also met Dominic Dale, he was just wandering around - he looked lost actually. Nobody recognised him, went over and wished him good luck, shook his hand and told him he owed me a quid if he lost. Not really sure he knew what to say to that but he was a really nice chap, Really rather posh
    Edited by: "sancho1983" 22nd Apr 2011

I dont thnk he is the full ticket to be honest, hence his nickname ''the spaceman''.
    Looks like you had good seats.

Murphy v O'Sullivan, about to start

come on RONNIE!!!

Ronnie 3 - 0 up now, was lucky to take that last frame, you can't make any mistakes against him.
    Edited by: "r4ge" 23rd Apr 2011

ronnie finishes the session 6 - 2 up

good play by ronnie

Original Poster

Selby is looking really strong.

Selby, Robbie or Trump to win would be great

Banned

Few empty seats there?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions