WORLD'S SHORTEST SUSPENSE STORY

Banned
World's last human was sitting in the room when someone knocked on the door

Who do you reckon knocked at the door

40 Comments

they did

dave from next door

jehovah witnesses

ET .....(damn this 5 letter minimum post rule)

Original Poster Banned

midlandscomics;2627831

they did

harlzter;2627845

ET .....(damn this 5 letter minimum post rule)

Lol you two will be a nice match :thumbsup:

Original Poster Banned

andy108uk;2627849

me, i was hiding in the shed

Thats such a boring thing to do in a shed :whistling:

Who's there?

me, managed to reproduce asexually

Original Poster Banned

king261;2627834

dave from next door

Dave survived the war as well ????

:viking:

Original Poster Banned

dean3988;2627870

me, managed to reproduce asexually

lmmmmmaaaaooooooo

woody woodpecker

Original Poster Banned

Abvance;2627866

Who's there?

Who wants to know

Dell_in_the_bed;2627907

Who wants to know

the person who's inside the house obv. god some people are soo stupid :whistling:

Original Poster Banned

dean3988;2627932

the person who's inside the house obv. god some people are soo stupid … the person who's inside the house obv. god some people are soo stupid :whistling:

Just checking .... :oops:

it depends how big the room is.

Original Poster Banned

frollickingfrill;2628046

it depends how big the room is.

Just big enough to strech your legs ....

some one did it. the op said so

it was student loans

Just to make it clear, there is no answer.

Original Poster Banned

guerilla;2628123

it was student loans

Shizzer that lot can even survive a world disaster

Banned

king261;2627834

dave from next door

Oh its definitely Dave, always is :roll:

Ocean finance.

i know who it is!!! its british gas wanting to tell you about their great offers!!

The worlds last human!!

A dog.

cant believe no one getting it - its obvious - black gerbil of course

Southern Electrics.

guerilla;2628123

it was student loans

LOL, they get you somehow don't they!

http://www.mountainroad.ca/mrp/images/shows/bereal/mainpic.jpg

was him ^^^^^^^^^^^^

Original Poster Banned

samwhitewick;2630501

was him ^^^^^^^^^^^^

A geezer in New Maxico

will smith

was there an answer to this or was it just a random no real answer question?

LaoTzu;2633925

was there an answer to this or was it just a random no real answer … was there an answer to this or was it just a random no real answer question?

lol, you're quick!;-)

World's last human was sitting in the room when someone knocked on the door
Who do you reckon knocked at the door

Hmm...Having difficulty with this one over lunch...:? Here is my tuppence.

1. It does not matter whom 'I reckon' knocked on the door as unless I am the 'last human' my opinion will not matter.
2. I cannot determine if 'the room' rather than 'a room' has any significance. What/where is 'the room'
3. Since 'someone' (normally attributed to human interaction) knocked on the door, I presume as the Worlds last human (to have heard it) it must have been me.
4. ' Worlds last human' and 'someone' may be peoples names. Works fine !!
5. I do not believe that the Worlds last human would be simply sitting in a room. Personally I would be getting wired right into all those things I really wanted to do but would probably get me arrested/jailed :-D

Hal9000

Rockhound;2634108

World's last human was sitting in the room when someone knocked on the … World's last human was sitting in the room when someone knocked on the door .......Who do you reckon knocked at the doorHmm...Having difficulty with this one over lunch...:? Here is my tuppence.1. It does not matter whom 'I reckon' knocked on the door as unless I am the 'last human' my opinion will not matter.2. I cannot determine if 'the room' rather than 'a room' has any significance. What/where is 'the room'3. Since 'someone' (normally attributed to human interaction) knocked on the door, I presume as the Worlds last human (to have heard it) it must have been me.4. ' Worlds last human' and 'someone' may be peoples names. Works fine !! 5. I do not believe that the Worlds last human would be simply sitting in a room. Personally I would be getting wired right into all those things I really wanted to do but would probably get me arrested/jailed :-D

haha good 1:p

Original Poster Banned

Rockhound;2634108

World's last human was sitting in the room when someone knocked on the … World's last human was sitting in the room when someone knocked on the door .......Who do you reckon knocked at the doorHmm...Having difficulty with this one over lunch...:? Here is my tuppence.1. It does not matter whom 'I reckon' knocked on the door as unless I am the 'last human' my opinion will not matter.2. I cannot determine if 'the room' rather than 'a room' has any significance. What/where is 'the room'3. Since 'someone' (normally attributed to human interaction) knocked on the door, I presume as the Worlds last human (to have heard it) it must have been me.4. ' Worlds last human' and 'someone' may be peoples names. Works fine !! 5. I do not believe that the Worlds last human would be simply sitting in a room. Personally I would be getting wired right into all those things I really wanted to do but would probably get me arrested/jailed :-D

No wonder my director wants to shorten our lunch breaks lol

nice one matey

Original Poster Banned

Alfonse;2634119

Hal9000

lol now since I want you to be really scared .....

Original Poster Banned

LaoTzu;2633925

was there an answer to this or was it just a random no real answer … was there an answer to this or was it just a random no real answer question?

It was just one of those random ohh I have got too much time on my hand threads ....creative mind you see :-D

"The last man on Earth sat alone in a room. There was a knock on the door..."

This two-sentence horror tale is presented as a story within a story, right at the start of Fredric Brown's 'Knock', published in the December 1948 edition of Thrilling Wonder Stories.

Brown decribes how the horror in this story is all implied... what could be at the door? "But," he says, "it wasn't horrible, really."

He then tells the story of Walter Phelan, the last man on Earth after an alien race called the Zan invade and kill everyone apart from Walter Phelan and the last woman alive, Grace Evans.

Perhaps as a response to Brown's tale, in July 1957, Ron Smith produced what he called 'A Horror Story Shorter by One Letter Than the Shortest Horror Story Ever Written':

"The last man on Earth sat alone in a room. There was a lock on the door..."

Brown's version of the mini-story was supposedly subsequently submitted anonymously to a short story competition on NPR, and won that competition. Plenty of web sources cite this as the original source of the story. None of the sources have any more details about the competition, but Brown's version was published some twenty years before NPR started, so this is clearly false.

Even so, Brown did not come up with this story himself. It has existed in various forms for over a hundred years. Thomas Bailey Aldrich presented his version circa 1870:

"A woman is sitting alone in a house. She knows she is alone in the whole world; every other living thing is dead. The doorbell rings."
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764022
    2. Better watch out for these...1017
    3. Now TV CODES - Free Sky Entertainment/Kids/Cinema/Sports813
    4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846094

See more discussions