Worse January Sales for 15 years, recession's over? Utter rubbish....

13 replies
Found 9th Feb 2010
Worldwide market correction is coming and it's coming in a form of a mild depression imo, see reply for link....

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
13 Comments

Original Poster

news.bbc.co.uk/1/h…stm

news.google.co.uk/new…kQM

China buying more Gold than ever before (priced doubled in 4 years), expected to quadruple over next four years, DO NOT SELL YOUR GOLD etc.
Some enterpreneurs investing in Chinese Currency/infrastructure expecting Chinese to become new world base currency with USD failing within a decade or so.
Welcome to the new World Order

schizoboy;7791516

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8504766.stmhttp://news.google.co.uk/news/more?pz=1&cf=all&ned=uk&cf=all&ncl=de5m5_NLaBAAUPMt-DeYkZESwRkQMChina buying more Gold than ever before (priced doubled in 4 years), expected to quadruple over next four years, DO NOT SELL YOUR GOLD etc.Some enterpreneurs investing in Chinese Currency/infrastructure expecting Chinese to become new world base currency with USD failing within a decade or so.Welcome to the new World Order

Maybe We Should Become Charlie Chans Chow Chow rather than Uncle Sams Poodle

Banned

schizoboy;7791516

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8504766.stmhttp://news.google.co.uk/news/more?pz=1&cf=all&ned=uk&cf=all&ncl=de5m5_NLaBAAUPMt-DeYkZESwRkQMChina buying more Gold than ever before (priced doubled in 4 years), expected to quadruple over next four years, DO NOT SELL YOUR GOLD etc.Some enterpreneurs investing in Chinese Currency/infrastructure expecting Chinese to become new world base currency with USD failing within a decade or so.Welcome to the new World Order

someone's been reading too much of the Daily Mail :-D

Read between the lines:-

The value of goods sold grew 1.2% in January compared with the previous year

Pretty amazing that they grew at all (still above inflation) considering most people couldnt even get to the shops for 2 weeks+ in January

Online sales continued to rise fast - these were 14.6% higher in January compared with a year ago.

Is your pint always half empty lol?

Original Poster

csiman;7791882

someone's been reading too much of the Daily Mail :-DRead between the … someone's been reading too much of the Daily Mail :-DRead between the lines:-The value of goods sold grew 1.2% in January compared with the previous yearPretty amazing that they grew at all (still above inflation) considering most people couldnt even get to the shops for 2 weeks+ in JanuaryOnline sales continued to rise fast - these were 14.6% higher in January compared with a year ago. Is your pint always half empty lol?

Considering that's based off the inflated prices of the Christmas sales I'll be taking that witha large dose of salt, and please dont accuse me of reading the Daily Mail

Banned

Key Events - Gold
11-19 - WGC: Mine production up 6% in Q3 v. a year ago. World demand down 34% in Q3 from a year ago.

4 year FUTURES market currently shows a 10% gain from todays spot price.

Who exactly is 'expecting gold to quadruple in 4 years'?

Banned

schizoboy;7791933

Considering that's based off the inflated prices of the Christmas sales … Considering that's based off the inflated prices of the Christmas sales I'll be taking that witha large dose of salt, and please dont accuse me of reading the Daily Mail

but all your 'facts' are wrong lol

ok - daily express then

Banned

csiman;7791939

but all your 'facts' are wrong lolok - daily express then

Original Poster

Daily Mail Newspaper Group generally offends me.
Check any economist article for yourself, many predicting 1930's type depression just not maybe as harsh.

china gonna rule the world velli soon, we all be eating noodles then

Banned

schizoboy;7791966

Daily Mail Newspaper Group generally offends me.Check any economist … Daily Mail Newspaper Group generally offends me.Check any economist article for yourself, many predicting 1930's type depression just not maybe as harsh.

no thanks - I will stick to the facts of the market rather than one individuals opinion :thumbsup:

muffin247;7792020

china gonna rule the world velli soon, we all be eating noodles then

Mmmmmmmmm

Banned

Its true chinese food has over taken indian as the nations favourite take away

Banned

The main reason gold prices have increase is because of the high energy prices which are incurred by extracting the gold, and the leaching process which is used to separate it from the rock. African Miners cut production as it wasn't viable while the Africans were having the energy crises last year, so even the 6% rise in the last period is well below the normal production figure.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247577
    2. hotukdeals features in current edition of computer active magazine610
    3. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!564114
    4. Sell old Lego by the kilo.44

See more discussions