Worst Ad on TV/Radio

Found 5th Jul 2017
Some ads are genius , some are so completely annoying , irritating and complete rubbish and because of one in particular that is really getting my goat at the moment I am posting this . The ad in question is the British Gas Local Heroes one currently one the radio .This rubbish makes me turn the sound off every time it pollutes the airwaves . particularly the blokes voice every time he says " there's a local hero for that . Tradesmen are not Local Heroes , they are are normal people that make their living doing jobs for others . Local heroes are people like the Emergency Services , Charity Workers and others that help people in dire circumstances and those less fortunate . Had to get that off my chest as I've just turned the sound up after being wound up yet again .
Community Updates
MiscRadioTV
29 Comments
The oasis singing ad wants me to drive into oncoming traffic to avoid listening to it.

And the Tesco "homecooking" PC, multicultural garbage also.

Edited by: "thedvdmonster" 5th Jul 2017
People watch adverts in 2017?

Cant say I have seen an advert on TV in over 10 years.

Confused.com perfect park ad.
Apart from all the usual suspects for insurance and finance comparison sites .....

Andrex - Do you scrunch or fold? I cannot comprehend what possessed a premium brand to think this was a thought-provoking / agenda-setting campaign.

Nationwide - Scarf left on bus. Shown constantly and filled with gurning characters trying and failing to create some form of emotional storyline.

Virgin - Spandau Ballet or Speedcore? Neither - just the mute button.

V.I.Poo - "Punish the porcelain" Images of "The Devil's Doughnuts" floating in the imaginary toilet in case we needed further illustration.

http://dailycommercials.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/air-wick-v-i-poo-magic-wanda.jpg
Any perfume or aftershave advert. Who decided that vague arty adverts were the only kind allowed for this sort of product?
Any advert that currently uses normal everyday people. They are usually the people I try to avoid at all costs.

Also adverts showing the staff chatting away as friends to the customer to make the company seem like they care. It looks fake and delays you serving the others behind so shush!
Oh, and that little **** of a kid that says 'as clean as a man called David' on the bumwipe cleaning advert!
Honestly I think even good ads are meh. I don't get the fuss every year over the long soppy ads people even re-post on Facebook, or even the Gorilla playing the drums Cadbury one.
cdm2215 m ago

Oh, and that little **** of a kid that says 'as clean as a man called …Oh, and that little **** of a kid that says 'as clean as a man called David' on the bumwipe cleaning advert!

Is your name David?
That fat Go-Compare knob-head makes me want to gargle with bleach

I bought my car from Car Giant.

thedvdmonster

The oasis singing ad wants me to drive into oncoming traffic to avoid … The oasis singing ad wants me to drive into oncoming traffic to avoid listening to it. And the Tesco "homecooking" PC, multicultural garbage also.

Birdy's chicken recipe seems awfully stereotypical.
http://www.thebabywebsite.com/images/tesco2.jpg
Ray Winstone telling me he gambles responsibly
Banned
Weetabix - Fee fi fo frollocks, your ads a load of..

Sainsburys - #fooddancing what an utter load of **** that was

AA - sick of seeing it all the time now

Nationwide - **** off with your pretentious poetry or that fat old woman going on about turning bags inside out or listening to the football scores
Edited by: "Marcoos" 5th Jul 2017
catbeans

Is your name David?

Ha! No I just want to know why the kid is hanging around the bottoms of people called David! Actually, no I don't!
deleted193256
Trivago can **** right off
Car Giant!!!!!!!!!
That awful egg advert where they have a little dance as they sit down to eat! Does anyone do that!! It's just makes me cringe!
I hate most ads and avoid them like the plague. I download TV shows even though I pay for Sky just to avoid them. I stick with BBC radio too.

I do sometimes forget during live sports though and catch a few. I can't say any make me actually want to buy the product, usually the opposite in fact
All the tampon adverts.
How about the ads for New ALWAYS DISCREET Underwear for Sensitive Bladder commercial LINK Cringe
It's funny that with all of the ads mentioned above, everyone knows exactly which company they're for.

Maybe some of those ads are bad/annoyingfor a reason....
Edited by: "midlandscomics" 5th Jul 2017
Those clearscore credit check adverts, the boxer dog with the annoying voice, absolute carp!
mrty

All the tampon adverts.

Enough to drive you to insanitary.

Are they always bad?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DCpGR_LXcAEpnia.jpg
Random annoying advert fact - the Go Compare song is a rip off of a song written 100 years ago:
Linky - skip ahead to 0:37

Edited by: "spoo" 5th Jul 2017
CoeK

Any perfume or aftershave advert. Who decided that vague arty adverts … Any perfume or aftershave advert. Who decided that vague arty adverts were the only kind allowed for this sort of product?

I thought the previous All Spice campaign (with Isaiah Mustafa) was good...

[ youtube.com/wat…SOo ]

Well, compared to the later one (with Terry Crews)...

[ youtube.com/wat…3zo ]

For your own comparison:

[ youtube.com/wat…s74 ]
The AA ad with the singing kid in the back. With that racket going on its the father who should be having the breakdown.
fanpages2 h, 31 m ago

Enough to drive you to insanitary.Are they always bad?[Image]

Reminds of the joke about the lighthouse keeper who turns up on a lighthouse after a brief holiday -his two mates greet him.."Well what did you bring back to relieve the boredom?" "Yes, it's so boring on here with nothing to do except fish or play i-spy. Nowhere to hide and everything begins with 'S'."
"I got these"he said, throwing a packet of tampons on the table..."I haven't read the instructions yet, but I've seen them advertised on the telly. When you got these you go swimming, horse riding, parachuting even bounce on a trampoline....."
mrty

All the tampon adverts.

I agree, what is all this blue stuff leaking out of women?
I'm a fan of the Charmin adverts, that koala looks like he is loving life when the slow-motion part is on.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions