Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Worst case of ignorance?

Posted 16th Mar
does anyone else think this was a case of ignorance?
I boarded a bus this morning and at the same time as a Asian woman.
there was a young couple sitting near the front of the bus when they seen the Asian woman got on the bus they covered their faces with their jackets and hoods. soon as she got off they uncovered their faces. the thing I find ironic is I work in hospital come across sick people all the time and I was sitting closer to them. they probably had more chance of catching something from me than the lady. is it just me that thinks it's wrong to be stereotyping
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
Absolute idiots. Bet they are the ones spreading panic online and selfishly hoarding in the supermarkets.
Tip of this society's iceberg unfortunately.
35 Comments
At the very least it was unkind..unfortunately not everyone is raised to be courteous.
Absolute idiots. Bet they are the ones spreading panic online and selfishly hoarding in the supermarkets.
MadeDixonsCry16/03/2020 12:04

True. I'm guessing it wasn't the first time it has happened
Gabby_Brown16/03/2020 11:59

At the very least it was unkind..unfortunately not everyone is raised to …At the very least it was unkind..unfortunately not everyone is raised to be courteous.

It was very unkind I could see the woman was a little upset by it
Edited by: "Scoot56" 16th Mar
Scoot5616/03/2020 12:13

Should have given her a hug.

Oh wait, we're not supposed to do that anymore.
Gabby_Brown16/03/2020 11:59

At the very least it was unkind..unfortunately not everyone is raised to …At the very least it was unkind..unfortunately not everyone is raised to be courteous.

If I'm being honest ... I probably would have said something... I have done a few times before....most of the time they won't say anything back and they will think twice before they do it again but there was one time I didn't and I really regretted it.

It's kind of a different thing but I saw this lady full frontal slap her two year old in the face because she couldn't get down the stairs fast enough to get her train and usually I say stuff to people and this lady was tiny but I thought...what am I gonna do? But I really regretted it... if this lady does that out in broad day light at Wimbledon train station.. god knows what she does at home and I should have called someone or tried to stop her gettibg on the train
Edited by: "Gabby_Brown" 16th Mar
Scoot5616/03/2020 12:13

I hate people like that... unfotunately those idiots mate with other idiots and birth rude idiot babies and thus the cycle continues.. I really do believe in karma though or something like that... if you act like a jerk you will get it back.
Oxygen thieves, they should be injected with the virus and used to test cures, may be a way for them to payback society as opposed to taking all the time
ding16/03/2020 12:54

Oxygen thieves, they should be injected with the virus and used to test …Oxygen thieves, they should be injected with the virus and used to test cures, may be a way for them to payback society as opposed to taking all the time

Looooooollllllllllll Oxygen thieves.. I like that one
OP, you asked, "...is it just me that thinks it's wrong to be stereotyping."

Answer: 100%.

Why?

Numerically, you did not do a fair sampling. Namely, you did not follow this couple to observe further instances of xenophobia. However, you could very well be right.
Edited by: "splender" 16th Mar
Humanity has already shown it's true colours through the purchasing of insane amounts of toilet paper....

So many sad people about unfortunately.....
sxxychocolate16/03/2020 13:03

Humanity has already shown it's true colours through the purchasing of …Humanity has already shown it's true colours through the purchasing of insane amounts of toilet paper....So many sad people about unfortunately.....

As well as the part of humanity showing their true colours judging people by the amount toilet rolls and virtually nothing else.

Namely,

A buy insane amount of toilet rolls <==== true colours of A
B judges A insanely by the insane amount of toilet rolls <=======whence the true colours of B which is equal to A's behaviour - insane amounts
splender16/03/2020 13:10

As well as the part of humanity showing their true colours judging people …As well as the part of humanity showing their true colours judging people by the amount toilet rolls and virtually nothing else.Namely, A buy insane amount of toilet rolls <==== true colours of AB judges A by the amount of toilet rolls <=======whence the true colours of B which is equal to A's behaviour.

Not really....but thanks for the feedback
sxxychocolate16/03/2020 13:11

Not really....but thanks for the feedback

Yes you did, you said, "Humanity has already shown it's true colours through the purchasing of insane amounts of toilet paper."

You have shown your true colours, your singular personal response to others' (humanity) personal singular response - insane amount of toilet paper. You both share the same principle - a singularity for humanity. The likeness of behaviour is: they are for toilet paper, and your are for the buyer of the toilet paper.

Final evidence: the topic of this thread is about a couple's behaviour towards a passenger. But, you chose to go off topic and referred back to toilet paper.
Idiots, world is full of them..

But who am I judge, my wife told me to buy essentials just in case things go bad, I came back with bottles of whisky and wine and yes of course gin and tonic for her.
I could see the love in her eyes when she saw the bags, they were red like heart red and that day she let me have my fav meal of bread and butter and on top she also let me watch my fav show and stay in living room all night
Edited by: "RealOldMonk" 16th Mar
If true, this is 100%? xenophobia, a category of ignorance? Using maths, it is indeterminable as to which race, is more risky, as distinguishable by looks, it is also indistinguishable by job risks, age , and so on.

v
splender16/03/2020 13:15

Yes you did, you said, "Humanity has already shown it's true colours …Yes you did, you said, "Humanity has already shown it's true colours through the purchasing of insane amounts of toilet paper."You have shown your true colours, your singular personal response to others' (humanity) personal singular response - insane amount of toilet paper. You both share the same principle - a singularity for humanity. The likeness of behaviour is: they are for toilet paper, and your are for the buyer of the toilet paper.Final evidence: the topic of this thread is about a couple's behaviour towards a passenger. But, you chose to go off topic and referred back to toilet paper.

That's a nice story.....thanks again for your in depth feedback. It really is helpful, as it's made me see the error of my comment!!

You are all that is great with humanity
sxxychocolate16/03/2020 13:29

That's a nice story.....thanks again for your in depth feedback. It really …That's a nice story.....thanks again for your in depth feedback. It really is helpful, as it's made me see the error of my comment!!You are all that is great with humanity

Thanks for your understanding. I am off to get ready to analyse the government's science data on herd immunity modelling data later on, when they are released for scrutiny.
RealOldMonk16/03/2020 13:34

Oh yeah, but why?

The moderator probably did not understand your humour! And then my on-the-nail-head response to your humour, LOL.
splender16/03/2020 13:41

The moderator probably did not understand your humour! And then my …The moderator probably did not understand your humour! And then my on-the-nail-head response to your humour, LOL.

Don't go on social media. Thousands upon thousands of racist remarks towards oriental people due to covid19. The classic ones seem to be blaming it all on them eating dogs and cats. Clueless and uneducated.
J4GG416/03/2020 13:46

Don't go on social media. Thousands upon thousands of racist remarks …Don't go on social media. Thousands upon thousands of racist remarks towards oriental people due to covid19. The classic ones seem to be blaming it all on them eating dogs and cats. Clueless and uneducated.

Clueless and uneducated indeed, everyone knows its because they eat bat's and snakes (my attempt at wit and not unconscious bias)
Edited by: "ding" 16th Mar
splender16/03/2020 13:02

OP, you asked, "...is it just me that thinks it's wrong to be …OP, you asked, "...is it just me that thinks it's wrong to be stereotyping." Answer: 100%.Why?

I don't get it? What is 100%? Are you saying it's 100% wrong to stereotype? Or 100% of people think it's wrong to stereotype? Or that you're 100% certain that's it's just the OP who thinks it's wrong to stereotype?
welcome to the world of being a minority in the UK.
What do you want from this post? I agree with you. It was unpleasant behaviour. What now?
JumpMan198016/03/2020 16:25

What do you want from this post? I agree with you. It was unpleasant …What do you want from this post? I agree with you. It was unpleasant behaviour. What now?

For people to see this and realise you can catch infections from anyone not just people from certain countries
deleted8085816/03/2020 15:07

I don't get it? What is 100%? Are you saying it's 100% wrong to …I don't get it? What is 100%? Are you saying it's 100% wrong to stereotype? Or 100% of people think it's wrong to stereotype? Or that you're 100% certain that's it's just the OP who thinks it's wrong to stereotype?

There is just one observation of this couple. Therefore, it is 100% wrong whatever the statement is. With one observation it is impossible to do any trending.
OP asked, "...is it just me that thinks it's wrong to be stereotyping." <==Answer: it is 100% wrong to be stereotyping (because I have only one observation).
splender16/03/2020 17:17

There is just one observation of this couple. Therefore, it is 100% wrong …There is just one observation of this couple. Therefore, it is 100% wrong whatever the statement is. With one observation it is impossible to do any trending. OP asked, "...is it just me that thinks it's wrong to be stereotyping." <==Answer: it is 100% wrong to be stereotyping (because I have only one observation).

Thanks for clearing that up
deleted8085816/03/2020 17:22

Thanks for clearing that up

Especially, the "pill lucks" who call me names without even one single observation! They do damage real bad.
Pocket racists the fools of society
You failed to describe the young couple, probably from Middle east or further afield, who knows with only a selected story like this?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants