Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Worst ever xmas present

Posted 8th Dec 2019Edited by:"mikeportsmouth"
Community Updates
Also state what you got them for same year and for the previous year/s as that may explain why.
Misc
Top comments
Someone actually gave me one of those £25.00 off vouchers that used to be found in Amazon boxes.
Edited by: "Predikuesi" 8th Dec 2019
20 odd years ago I bought then boyfriend a PS2 console and a couple of games. He bought me a duvet!!
24 Comments
oops will amend
Someone actually gave me one of those £25.00 off vouchers that used to be found in Amazon boxes.
Edited by: "Predikuesi" 8th Dec 2019
Predikuesi08/12/2019 12:08

Someone actually gave me one of those £25.00 off vouchers that used to be …Someone actually gave me one of those £25.00 off vouchers that used to be found in Amazon boxes.

They must really like you
When I was a teenager I got a pack of pound shop paint brushes from a well meaning neighbor (because I'd painted my bedroom a few months before) or the old chocolate liqueurs that always go straight in the bin.
An oven glove!! Sad but true
motherwellmum08/12/2019 12:26

Are you my mrs? She still moans about the oven glove I got her too!!
Socks
Hai karate springs to mind

Someone actually gave me one of those £25.00 off vouchers that used to be …Someone actually gave me one of those £25.00 off vouchers that used to be found in Amazon boxes.

What did you get them? I hope it wasn't something expensive.
I bought someone a £5 lottery ticket one year. No they didn't win. Also seeing as I bought it would it have been technically mine if it had.
toonsquirel08/12/2019 12:55

Are you my mrs? She still moans about the oven glove I got her too!!

The saddest part is it was a woman that bought the oven glove, I was tempted to buy her a dish towel this year I bought her wine that year
Edited by: "motherwellmum" 8th Dec 2019
motherwellmum08/12/2019 15:11

The saddest part is it was a woman that bought the oven glove, I was …The saddest part is it was a woman that bought the oven glove, I was tempted to buy her a dish towel this year

Just give her a used one
20 odd years ago I bought then boyfriend a PS2 console and a couple of games. He bought me a duvet!!
MR112308/12/2019 14:25

What did you get them? I hope it wasn't something expensive.

I gave them a piece of my mind in the nicest possible way.
In my early teens a auntie bought my sister and I coathangers
Scoot5608/12/2019 17:01

In my early teens a auntie bought my sister and I coathangers

wow she really splashed out
mikeportsmouth08/12/2019 17:03

wow she really splashed out

Lol. I'm in my 40s now and my mum still laughs at the look on our faces when we opened it
Is there such thing as a "bad" Christmas present ? I'm not even a religious person, but I thought a (Christmas) gift should be something symbolic, a memory to remember. I have the feeling many people make a confusion between an exchange of items: I give you a bag of potatoes, you give me in exchange a bag of wheat, and a gift. No surprise that later in live, the brat children transform into brat adults.
xenophon08/12/2019 14:35

I bought someone a £5 lottery ticket one year. No they didn't win. Also …I bought someone a £5 lottery ticket one year. No they didn't win. Also seeing as I bought it would it have been technically mine if it had.

Well its a gift so you would lose the right. But you could argue that you bought it in court seen things like that i heard they sometimes get some
Edited by: "Norseg" 8th Dec 2019
jude721908/12/2019 15:44

20 odd years ago I bought then boyfriend a PS2 console and a couple of …20 odd years ago I bought then boyfriend a PS2 console and a couple of games. He bought me a duvet!!

Lol hence why he’s no longer your boyfriend
Toblerone

Genius, Knew there was a reason I saved mine!

That really has to go down as one of the worst
motherwellmum08/12/2019 12:26

I got a single oven glove too, the following year they gave me one tea towel, lol
Edited by: "Milly54" 9th Dec 2019
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions