Worth buying iPhone 7 now?

Found 5th Oct 2017
My son wants the iPhone 7 for Christmas. I can get it now for around £550 but was wondering if it would be worth waiting until the iPhone x comes out. Is the 7 likely to go down in price then?

Thanks all
Community Updates
Ask
19 Comments
Buying direct from Apple? Nope.
If you’re buying from elsewhere - probably.
Although I buy iPhones direct from Apple - I bought one from Carphone Warehouse and saved £15. The phone locked to the first sim I used (Apple phones don’t at all) - it was such a trying to get it unlocked, as the carrier it locked to told me it wasn’t locked, with Apple telling me it was!
worth keeping an eye on the like new ones on o2 refresh, they change prices all of the time and are over £350 now but a couple of months ago they were £267.
Thanks all, I'll hold off for now.
Use the time to persuade him that I Phones are an overpriced fashion accessory. Once used to an I Phone he will be used to IOS and will forever be forced to pay way over the odds for an upgrade to a newer model . With Android phones (of whatever make) you have a wealth of choice of newer models at competitive prices .

And guess what you can make phone calls with them too !
rogparki9 m ago

Use the time to persuade him that I Phones are an overpriced fashion …Use the time to persuade him that I Phones are an overpriced fashion accessory. Once used to an I Phone he will be used to IOS and will forever be forced to pay way over the odds for an upgrade to a newer model . With Android phones (of whatever make) you have a wealth of choice of newer models at competitive prices .And guess what you can make phone calls with them too !

As the only only Android user in my house I agree with you!
I have got the new iphone ever since 4 but I think this is the only actual time I’ve thought no I’m not upgrading from my 7. iphone 8 isn’t worth it at all the X maybe. But it’s mega £££ so yes get the 7
You can buy b’new sealed box 256GB unlocked IPhone 7 for around £550 from eBay.
rogparki1 h, 7 m ago

With Android phones (of whatever make) you have a wealth of choice of …With Android phones (of whatever make) you have a wealth of choice of newer models at competitive prices.

With an inferior operating system, bad build quality, rubbish after sales support and software updates that will last a couple of years if you're lucky.

Is there any android handset you can take into a shop within hours and get the device replaced or fixed? People value that.
cossy359 m ago

With an inferior operating system, bad build quality, rubbish after sales …With an inferior operating system, bad build quality, rubbish after sales support and software updates that will last a couple of years if you're lucky.Is there any android handset you can take into a shop within hours and get the device replaced or fixed? People value that.

I must be extremely lucky then. I haven't had to have a phone fixed or replaced and despite my name and avatar. I've had Nokia and Microsoft for the last 20 years. I'm moving to android although if I had a choice I wouldn't.
If as you say is true and trips to the shop for repairs and replacements are necessary, I think I will avoid the Apple
nougat11 m ago

I must be extremely lucky then. I haven't had to have a phone fixed or …I must be extremely lucky then. I haven't had to have a phone fixed or replaced and despite my name and avatar. I've had Nokia and Microsoft for the last 20 years. I'm moving to android although if I had a choice I wouldn't. If as you say is true and trips to the shop for repairs and replacements are necessary, I think I will avoid the Apple

Right. You're avoiding Apple with the best warranty and support service. I don't think you've read my comment correctly.
cossy35 m ago

Right. You're avoiding Apple with the best warranty and support service. I …Right. You're avoiding Apple with the best warranty and support service. I don't think you've read my comment correctly.

No I read it right. It just seems very expensive for a good warranty. I can't afford one either.
nougat2 h, 59 m ago

No I read it right. It just seems very expensive for a good warranty. I …No I read it right. It just seems very expensive for a good warranty. I can't afford one either.

Usually the reason people mosn about iphones is because they cant afford it but makes no sense these days as android prices aint far behind
rogparki5 h, 26 m ago

Use the time to persuade him that I Phones are an overpriced fashion …Use the time to persuade him that I Phones are an overpriced fashion accessory. Once used to an I Phone he will be used to IOS and will forever be forced to pay way over the odds for an upgrade to a newer model . With Android phones (of whatever make) you have a wealth of choice of newer models at competitive prices .And guess what you can make phone calls with them too !

I really dnt know whats up wi android. If apple can make an os that works why cant they. Spent a fortune on a sony tv picture is great etc love the tv but the bloody android os lets it down its garbage tbh
cossy35 h, 23 m ago

With an inferior operating system, bad build quality, rubbish after sales …With an inferior operating system, bad build quality, rubbish after sales support and software updates that will last a couple of years if you're lucky.Is there any android handset you can take into a shop within hours and get the device replaced or fixed? People value that.

Never had an expensive phone , over £200 , can't see the point ! . I view paying £1K for an Apple phone in the same light as buying an Android phone for £300 from China with no come back or warranty if its a duff one . Each to his own I suppose . At least you have a good warranty with an IPhone (as you should for the outlandish cost !)

To me an essential accessory to any phone is a "case" but obviously not if you have the latest I Phone ! You can't hide it in a case (protecting it against dropping ,chips etc ) as your "mates" , colleagues etc (who you are trying to show it off to ) won't notice you have the overpriced , overhyped latest model . Just my observations on the IPhone brigade -after all its probably only an extra £10 a month on contract - and folks think they are impressing people with their "je ne sais croix" - excuse my Chinese .
Edited by: "rogparki" 5th Oct 2017
rogparki20 m ago

Never had an expensive phone , over £200 , can't see the point ! . I view …Never had an expensive phone , over £200 , can't see the point ! . I view paying £1K for an Apple phone in the same light as buying an Android phone for £300 from China with no come back or warranty if its a duff one . Each to his own I suppose . At least you have a good warranty with an IPhone (as you should for the outlandish cost !)To me an essential accessory to any phone is a "case" but obviously not if you have the latest I Phone ! You can't hide it in a case (protecting it against dropping ,chips etc ) as your "mates" , colleagues etc (who you are trying to show it off to ) won't notice you have the overpriced , overhyped latest model . Just my observations on the IPhone brigade -after all its probably only an extra £10 a month on contract - and folks think they are impressing people with their "je ne sais croix" - excuse my Chinese .

More rubbish perpetrated by those who can't afford an iPhone. Considering most people use a case on their iPhone, how can they then use them as a status symbol?
Edited by: "cossy3" 5th Oct 2017
cossy324 m ago

More rubbish perpetrated by those who can't afford an iPhone. Considering …More rubbish perpetrated by those who can't afford an iPhone. Considering most people use a case on their iPhone, how can they then use them as a status symbol?

Hope they do use a case , not in my experience though sadly , but as I said each to his or her own . Why are some IPhone owners so touchy ? If you realise you can't change systems - just live with the ridiculous expense - pointless trying to justify it . why bother ?

Afford it ? I think so - my golf clubs cost more than an I Phone and they are paid for (not on contract ) . They give me the illusion I can play golf , totally wrong of course . An IPhone gives a buyer the illusion of ? You are cool ?, trendy ? have a warranty , I think the last one is the only one that applies .

Admit it - you think its "cool" to have an IPhone (although you can't really afford or justify the expense) and would find it difficult to get used to the different Android system where it cannot be argued that better specs are available at a far lower price point . Just an observation of the many IPhone owners I know ,who actually agree with me
Edited by: "rogparki" 5th Oct 2017
I'm looking to upgrade my 6 to iPhone 7 as well, haven't come across any deals lately.
Keeping an eye out for 02 Refresh deals.
Justsuperman22 h, 43 m ago

I have got the new iphone ever since 4 but I think this is the only actual …I have got the new iphone ever since 4 but I think this is the only actual time I’ve thought no I’m not upgrading from my 7. iphone 8 isn’t worth it at all the X maybe. But it’s mega £££ so yes get the 7

I got to that point after the 5s. I did get the 6 but never actually liked it (felt plastic-y) - after the 6 I was more than happy to spend my hard earned money on something else (we always buy sim-free) - something different and something new - I ws beginning to find that Apple ask a lot of money for -not-much-different.

Im not trashing Apple Phones - they are great devices, and i believe apple changed the mobile phone world [which is an understatement]. They really are great. When apple do something they do it well, very well.

When anyone asks me android vs iphone my honest response is: if you want something that just works, apple is your best bet. If you want something to customise more and do what you want with, then andriod is for you.

Money and cost doesnt drive my opinion (just spent £869 on the Note 8 so money has nothing to do it, crazy money i know but theyre great for work and play) I guess I just got bored. You pay your pounds - get all excited - turn the device on, play with the new feature for about an hour then it its nothing new. There is a chance I'd go back to apple one day when they do something amazing - which i think is coming....
Edited by: "GoshILoveABargain" 6th Oct 2017
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants