Worth buying my first Playstation?

Found 22nd Jun
I've always been an Xbox fan and have every console iteration since the original up to the S now, but there are some seriously good PS4 games coming out and I'm very tempted to get a PS4.

I have a 4k HDR TV so would go for the Pro, just wondering people's thoughts on having both consoles or anyone who recently went Xbox -> PS.

Cheers.
Community Updates
AskPlayStation
17 Comments
I think more peeps are going down that route than the other way mainly due to the PS exclusives. If you can afford it then go for it and maybe trade your eggbox down the line to get some of your cash back. The only other consideration is your friends for online gaming, as in what console they use.
Have both, Could also sell either console if no longer used etc..
Yes!
If you like Xbox better, it is worth having a ps for its exclusives, and keep your Xbox for the games that come out on both if you wish to continue with Xbox and can afford to. Otherwise you could trade it in and get a ps. Since most games are out on both and then majority of exclusives on ps, the ps is the one I’d go for if you can only have one console.
Edited by: "choccie32" 22nd Jun
the ps4 is sexy, i used to be xbox,
It’s definitely worth it, the exclusives are amazing experiences.
I have both and the switch.. if you can afford all then it's a no brainer as you won't miss out on exclusives... the X is the best of the bunch for me anyway.

EDIT: also if you play Zelda breath of the wild before any of the ps4 exclusives such as horizon tlou and gow... they will not live upto your expectations as no game in that rpg/action type genre can come close to what Zelda offers... so yes Zelda ruined gow and hzd for me even with the hype and buying the god of war ps4 pro...
Edited by: "Snakeyes646" 22nd Jun
Get a gaming pc instead
Snakeyes64622nd Jun

I have both and the switch.. if you can afford all then it's a no brainer …I have both and the switch.. if you can afford all then it's a no brainer as you won't miss out on exclusives... the X is the best of the bunch for me anyway.EDIT: also if you play Zelda breath of the wild before any of the ps4 exclusives such as horizon tlou and gow... they will not live upto your expectations as no game in that rpg/action type genre can come close to what Zelda offers... so yes Zelda ruined gow and hzd for me even with the hype and buying the god of war ps4 pro...

So, play all those games and THEN buy a Switch
If you can afford to and want the exclusives then the answer is obvious but in the grand scheme of things it wont make a difference. There is always another game to play on whatever platform.

Think of all the great songs, films, Tv shows etc you havent seen and probably never will, doesnt really matter though does it if you enjoy the media you consume.
Edited by: "catbeans" 22nd Jun
marrowcat10 h, 4 m ago

So, play all those games and THEN buy a Switch

Yes, that's definitely what I should have done
I play cross platform games on my Xbox and have the PlayStation purely for all the great exclusives.
andy1861865 h, 5 m ago

I play cross platform games on my Xbox and have the PlayStation purely for …I play cross platform games on my Xbox and have the PlayStation purely for all the great exclusives.

Exactly the same here =)
catbeans22nd Jun

If you can afford to and want the exclusives then the answer is obvious …If you can afford to and want the exclusives then the answer is obvious but in the grand scheme of things it wont make a difference. There is always another game to play on whatever platform. Think of all the great songs, films, Tv shows etc you havent seen and probably never will, doesnt really matter though does it if you enjoy the media you consume.

Good point, I really don't need it, but the ability to play some of those upcoming E3 titles is sorely tempting.
Snakeyes64622nd Jun

I have both and the switch.. if you can afford all then it's a no brainer …I have both and the switch.. if you can afford all then it's a no brainer as you won't miss out on exclusives... the X is the best of the bunch for me anyway.EDIT: also if you play Zelda breath of the wild before any of the ps4 exclusives such as horizon tlou and gow... they will not live upto your expectations as no game in that rpg/action type genre can come close to what Zelda offers... so yes Zelda ruined gow and hzd for me even with the hype and buying the god of war ps4 pro...

My little bros have a Switch and although I think its a great console for the right household its just not for me. I spend my work commutes watching downloaded Netflix, and I game mostly on PC, and on console for FIFA + story games.

There is no space in my life for a semi portable better DS. I have a DS and I just don't play it, and while Zelda is cool, for me its not enough to warrant an entire console.
coventgamer22nd Jun

Get a gaming pc instead

I have a gaming PC, self build i5 with a GTX 960 4GB, its not a gaming beast but it gets the games I play at 144Hz 1080p

I'm considering a PS4 Pro simply for the exclusives, they look awesome
Thanks everyone, I think I've decided to go ahead and buy one, just keeping an eye out for a good PS4 Pro deal so if anyone spots one a heads up would be gladly appreciated.

Microsoft better start making better/more games or else the Xbox is gonna die (and no, consoles themselves will never die cos most people do NOT like PC gaming, despite the trend.)
DatAlbino17 h, 33 m ago

Good point, I really don't need it, but the ability to play some of those …Good point, I really don't need it, but the ability to play some of those upcoming E3 titles is sorely tempting. My little bros have a Switch and although I think its a great console for the right household its just not for me. I spend my work commutes watching downloaded Netflix, and I game mostly on PC, and on console for FIFA + story games.There is no space in my life for a semi portable better DS. I have a DS and I just don't play it, and while Zelda is cool, for me its not enough to warrant an entire console.I have a gaming PC, self build i5 with a GTX 960 4GB, its not a gaming beast but it gets the games I play at 144Hz 1080p I'm considering a PS4 Pro simply for the exclusives, they look awesome

I understand that feeling trust me. I had both for a while and played mainly 360 and xbox1, i now have cut back, i just have PC, Switch and PS4 lol. You can always put them in different rooms to justify it a little more. Like i said, if you can afford it and want the exclusives the answer is obvious. One might sit unused for a while but if you can afford it/ its justified why not.

You said you have a PC so you might be able to wait as exclusives usually mean console exclusives not PC. Then if you see a cracking deal down the road you can jump on it then, because you have a while before those games start to come out anyway .
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants