Worth selling expensive PC parts on Ebay?

Found 29th Jan
I have 2 gtx 1080s to sell among other parts.
Simply not getting the use out of my gear and want to sell before it drops more and more in value.

Can Ebay be trusted though? heard a horror story or two about sending parts and the buyer claims its damaged/returns a damaged version etc

any better alternatives?
Community Updates
AskElectronics
6 Comments
I thought 1080s were increasing in value.
Haven't you heard of crypto currency mining?
You are going to hear the horror stories more often than the normal successful transactions because why would you mention a normal transaction?

You can set your eBay to only allow buyers over a certain feedback and when sold check the buyer first, see if they an active user if you are that worried. Horrible people are not just exclusive to eBay.

Do CeX take graphic cards? I think they did and one point.

Best of luck with whatever you do :).
Robot_Rooster1 h, 22 m ago

You are going to hear the horror stories more often than the normal …You are going to hear the horror stories more often than the normal successful transactions because why would you mention a normal transaction?You can set your eBay to only allow buyers over a certain feedback and when sold check the buyer first, see if they an active user if you are that worried. Horrible people are not just exclusive to eBay.Do CeX take graphic cards? I think they did and one point.Best of luck with whatever you do :).

Cex have damaged 2 of my items, I've only ever taken 6 in, and it was to 2 different shops.
Personally I wouldn't sell anything that valuable without it was cash on collection.
That way there is no possible come back on yourself and they can't revert charges.
Why not give gumtree a go then?
Check out r/hardwareswapuk on reddit.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants