Worth selling iPhone 6S?

Found 30th Jul
Mods - This is NOT for a for sale thread, but I will pop one up if advice is to sell.

I have a 16GB iPhone 6S, which has a cracked screen (top left, not interfering with the screen itself), but it also has a dying battery.

What do people think it’d roughly be worth if I was to get shot? I guess if it was fixed and had the battery done (it’s eligible for the free repair at Apple), I could get maybe £200 for it?

Haven’t sold anything in a long time, so just want a bit of advice. I’d normally just put it in a drawer!
Community Updates
Ask
11 Comments
deleted31085
Just realised there isn’t even a for sale section anymore! Blimey.
Without the screen fixed and the battery, you'd be lucky if somebody gave you £40/50 for it (i'd buy it at that price).
My advice is send it off for repair, and put it on Gumtree or Facebook marketplace. i reckon you'd be looking at more like £120-£150 for it as many places online don't sell them for more than that.
deleted31085
Cheers! Appreciate the input. To get it fixed (by Apple, anyway) would cost about £100 for the screen I think! So I’d be better off just selling as is, given it works fine and the screen isn’t an issue at all. The battery is annoying though, as it’s only got around 75% capacity now.
You can get fairly decent replacement screens for around £30.

Very easy to fit.

I see these sell regularly in fully working condition from £130-£180.

with cracks less than £100. Faulty battery then you're looking at around £60-£70.
Edited by: ".MUFC." 30th Jul
deleted31085
Cheers! If I was able to get £70 for it with the cracked screen and battery issue, I’d be happy enough with that. I’ll put it on eBay or somewhere for £100 and see what I get from there!
deleted3108530th Jul

Cheers! If I was able to get £70 for it with the cracked screen and …Cheers! If I was able to get £70 for it with the cracked screen and battery issue, I’d be happy enough with that. I’ll put it on eBay or somewhere for £100 and see what I get from there!

Apple would still replace the battery even though it's got a cracked screen. They might make you sign a disclaimer stating that they wouldn't be responsible if they broke the screen further etc..
deleted31085
.MUFC.4 m ago

Apple would still replace the battery even though it's got a cracked …Apple would still replace the battery even though it's got a cracked screen. They might make you sign a disclaimer stating that they wouldn't be responsible if they broke the screen further etc..

Really??? When I last read, they said if it had a cracked screen that had to be done first! I’ve booked myself in to get it done on Saturday, let’s hope it works.
deleted3108530th Jul

Really??? When I last read, they said if it had a cracked screen that had …Really??? When I last read, they said if it had a cracked screen that had to be done first! I’ve booked myself in to get it done on Saturday, let’s hope it works.

100%, They changed their policy. The screen is nothing to do with there faulty batteries.

The only time they'll refuse is if the battery has been replaced previously etc.. I bought a refurb from Musicmagpie, The battery had already been replaced so they refused on health and safety grounds.
deleted31085
.MUFC.30th Jul

100%, They changed their policy. The screen is nothing to do with there …100%, They changed their policy. The screen is nothing to do with there faulty batteries. The only time they'll refuse is if the battery has been replaced previously etc.. I bought a refurb from Musicmagpie, The battery had already been replaced so they refused on health and safety grounds.

Hey, thank you! I went yesterday, and there were no questions about my screen.

Guess that that means I have another year or two of my 6S, which is just fine by me! Thanks.
deleted310855th Aug

Hey, thank you! I went yesterday, and there were no questions about my …Hey, thank you! I went yesterday, and there were no questions about my screen. Guess that that means I have another year or two of my 6S, which is just fine by me! Thanks.

Welcome
I just bought a rep 6 screen from eBay for £15 - it’s a 5 minute job - give it a go!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants