Groups

Would a ati 5670 graphics card, fit in a dell vostro 200?

Hey guys, would a Ati 5670 graphics card fit in my dell vostro 200 desktop pc.

12 Comments

Original Poster

http://www.overclockers.com/wp-content/uploads/images/stories/articles/Dell_Vostro_200/vos1.jpg

Original Poster

http://www.overclockers.com/wp-content/uploads/images/stories/articles/Dell_Vostro_200/vos9.jpg

Yes it will fit ,I had a ATI 4890 in mine,About the biggest card you can get,,

Original Poster

tonyg1962;7737674

Yes it will fit ,I had a ATI 4890 in mine,About the biggest card you can … Yes it will fit ,I had a ATI 4890 in mine,About the biggest card you can get,,

Thanks, its a 300 watt psu, will that be ok, i know dell underate their psu's, and the card has its own fan?

Bryan839;7737715

Thanks, its a 300 watt psu, will that be ok, i know dell underate their … Thanks, its a 300 watt psu, will that be ok, i know dell underate their psu's, and the card has its own fan?

Whats the rating on the 12v+ line and what processor do you have and how many sata devices?

Original Poster

GAVINLEWISHUKD;7737753

Whats the rating on the 12v+ line and what processor do you have and how … Whats the rating on the 12v+ line and what processor do you have and how many sata devices?

+12v = /18A MAX

Umm by sata, is that a hard drive, if so, one, one graphics card which will be swapped, and a dvd drive, nothing special in there.

Processor is a core2duo 2.33ghz

Bryan839;7737868

+12v = /18A MAX Umm by sata, is that a hard drive, if so, one, one … +12v = /18A MAX Umm by sata, is that a hard drive, if so, one, one graphics card which will be swapped, and a dvd drive, nothing special in there.Processor is a core2duo 2.33ghz

Yes mate that will be fine at 85% threshold should be using about 17A. (presuming your processor is a E6550 (65w)):thumbsup:

Original Poster

Thanks guys, rep left to both of you.

Original Poster

Had to take it back out, the computer constantly crashed/hung even with the lastest drivers installed.

Bryan839;7741187

Had to take it back out, the computer constantly crashed/hung even with … Had to take it back out, the computer constantly crashed/hung even with the lastest drivers installed.

Does it hang in windows or when running at games/films ie heavy use?

Original Poster

GAVINLEWISHUKD;7741365

Does it hang in windows or when running at games/films ie heavy use?

Windows, internet explorer, pressing start button etc

To switch it off I then have to press and hold the power button.

Bryan839;7741411

Windows, internet explorer, pressing start button etcTo switch it off I … Windows, internet explorer, pressing start button etcTo switch it off I then have to press and hold the power button.

Right well it seems it wont be a power issue at at idle it will pull only small amounts. First make sure you are running the latest bios 1.0.15. the run ]driver sweeper in safe mode to clear out your old driver from your old GPU then try installing again.:thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What do I do if item is damaged I bought on eBay.913
      2. Iphone 6 to which handset?610
      3. SCS add ons... are they worth it??11
      4. Any advice on mobile networks.1013

See more discussions